Failing all my classes because I stopped turning in work and physically can't force myself to leave my apartment half...

>failing all my classes because I stopped turning in work and physically can't force myself to leave my apartment half the time

what is wrong with me

see a psychiatrist
you're depressed nigga

It sounds like you need a new direction in life.

get rid of apartment, it's holding you back

>psychiatrist

looks interesting

Well, I prefer Joyce to Proust

you might just hate commuting. i hate commuting. especially in winter.

try living on campus

This. I've had your exact experience and I'm currently 'on leave' because of it; it sucks

Unironically this.

Stop smoking weed.

How old are you? I was a in a similar boat. The only thing that compelled me to change at all was the severe degradation of my affairs and prospects. Things had to get much much worse for me to care. I'm now 26, in debt, forced to work a horrible min wage job, and only halfway done with a degree I've now spent 5 years pursuing (most of which I fell into sulking and ceased attending). I don't recommend it.

In the early days life was easy, I had financial aid, the confidence of my parents, peers my own age, and so forth. Now I am impossibly estranged and the climb before me is utterly steep. In seeking to escape my troubles I only prolonged them.

Golden.

Been there. Dropped out, but not soon enough. Take a year off.

Same thing happened to me. I dropped out of University, moved back home, and got a job helping disabled kids. I've been saving up to go to Europe so that I can try to join the FFL in about a year.
You could try that. I no longer think about killing myself or anyone else. Other than terrorists, obviously. And It gives me way more time to read.

This.

Why don't you stop wasting money on a degree and just teach yourself what you want to know? You really don't need that much money to survive, if you're only providing for yourself. Although, I can't speak to the debt thing, because one of the major reasons I dropped out was to avoid accruing massive amounts of student loan debt.

Yeah, sounds like depression
gonna say a prayer for you tonight
take care, buddy

21. Senior year. It feels bad for this to happen when I'm so close to graduation (and basically killing any hope of further education). I don't smoke weed, but I do drink a lot more than I used to.

>try living on campus
Not everyone has Daddy's money.

i was like you three years ago. falling into a lethargic neet state will destroy your life, in no uncertain terms.

Seconded

You can easily pay for on campus housing using financial aid. If your Daddy doesn't have money, then you qualify.

Quit making excuses for yourself and try solving your problems. Obviously what you're doing now isn't working. Come up with something else or drop out.

>Degrees are completely worthless, I know more about literature than people with doctoral degrees who have dedicated their entire lives to literature because I found out about Infinite Jest from a Tibetan basket weaving forum

I'm not OP

then fuck off

>tfw daddy has money but refuses to pay
>cant get financial AIDS despite being broke

chronic amphetamine deficiency. Get on dat vitamin A nigga.

that's because he's claiming you on his tax returns like an idiot.

claim yourself and tell him not to. you will save way more money by qualifying for financial aid than he will by claiming you.

you may need to fill out a tax sheet (I 10?) for employment, I don't really know.

The rules are funny but from what I understand, past a certain age (22?) if you're claiming yourself and you have no wealth/substantial income, then you should qualify.

Be careful because you can't let your gpa fall below 2.0. And for fuck's sake go talk to the financial aid people and figure out just what you need to do.