Should i read this? was Antoine de Saint-Exupéry a good writer?

should i read this? was Antoine de Saint-Exupéry a good writer?

FPBP

It is a very nice book. If you are reading it in English make sure to get the translation by Katherine Woods.

>Antoine de Saint-Exupéry a good writer?

Yea ; check out Night Flight.

Also, Southern Mail and Wind, Sand, Stars. Of course this must be b8 because LP is what? A ten-minute read at most?

I read it this summer.It's fucking beautiful and also it's all a true story(the author had many crashes and in the last one was never found after a flight) so like yeah I'm just saying...

No, it's normie feel-good bullshit.

I actually haven't read it but I'm still right

It's really not. You're an idiot.

>nazis killed Saint-Exupéry
>Nabokov got away
not fair lads

Yes you should. He's one of the best of his period.

it is a beautiful little book which makes you happy :)
read it.

I guess his plane disappeared over the Mediterranean just days before the war concluded? A kind of Wilfred Owen death?
I'm guessing like Hugo they love him in France as a special franc was issued on the 50 year anniversary of his death in the 90's.

So how did this French faggot sell more copies of his picture book than any Dr. Seuss books?

I thought it was a children's book.
>judging by the cover huehuehue

Yes

Its something you can knock off in a single sitting which is fairly pleasant and comfy. A lot of people had this read to them as children so there is some nostalgia and joy and seeing how their understanding of it changed with time.

It's good intro-level literature.

Well, it is to an extent. But there are some children's books which have enduring value beyond their normal audience. Alice in Wonderland, for example.

See the movie after taking acid for the first time like I did.

Bump

Just watch one of the films, absolutely nothing lost in trasition.

Is Wind, Sand and Stars (his autobiography) any good?

Nice idea. The new one? Certainly better than trying to take care of your mate that hides in the corner of his bed in a paranoid fit while you see his beard melting in three colours.

it's 100 pages, with drawings.
It's faster if you just read it, this thread is useless

I don't think a Tale of Two Cities is a work of art by any means, but I guess it is kinda nice to see it still reigns above all that genre fiction.

Is it a good book to read if I'm trying to learn French?