Why do you study ancient languages? so much interesting was written in modern languages...

why do you study ancient languages? so much interesting was written in modern languages. is it really not worth your attention?

well, berashith, modern languages are based on the ancient ones, so they aren't entirely devoid of interest.

the virgin excuse

Whereas modern languages (at least in the West) are nominally oriented or noun-centric (thing centric, stuff centric), classic Greek from Homeric to Attic is verbally oriented, that is action itself (as opposed to who acts or what is acted upon) is at the center of one's deepest considerations. Learn to read and think in Greek and it will completely modify the way (you) think now for the better. In short, discover for yourself why ideas still in use 'literally' flew out of this language.
The short answer is because classical languages are more alive than soi-disants living ones.

Because I want to read Plato and Aristotle?

This

Imagine being such a hopeless monolingual angoltrash that you think that merely having a normal non-degenerated verb inflection system is somehow unique or special.

there are the great translations

why do you study modern languages? so much interesting was written ancient languages. is it really not worth your attention?

I can also read it myself without an intermediate.

you know that you can't

Because I don't care about anything written after 1616.

what happened at 1616?

>American education
Shakespeare and Cervantes died

i'm russian

That's even worse, in that case you really have no excuse. The whole last year was dedicated to Shakespeare and Cervantes (400 years since their death).

>The whole last year was dedicated to Shakespeare and Cervantes
This is what Anglo-Spaniards & Hispananglos actually believe.

Shakespeare wasn't even a real guy. Francis Bacon and his 12 lawyers working for the queen. Initiate the plebs.

I'm actually a Slav. There were multiple events and premieres around here dedicated to those two writers. Try not living under a rock.

>multiple events and premieres around here
lol

i live not in the mscw or spb

>mscw or spb
Moscow and Sankt Peterburg? Neither do I, I'm not even Russian.
>lol
Fascinating arguments

> doesn't know what "berashith" means
> better call him a virgin
> yeah, that'll do it
> i am so smart