Which preparatory readings should I do before getting into peterson's maps of meaning: architecture of belief...

which preparatory readings should I do before getting into peterson's maps of meaning: architecture of belief? some user suggested that without a very detailed knowledge of jung's oeuvre, campbell's hero's journey and some familiarity with analytic philosophy i won't be able to fully grasp the depth of peterson's work. any advice?

tell him to fuck off and just watch the things. he explains them very well and lists the source material all over the place.

It's easy to grasp for the layman and that really gets on the nerves of the true Veeky Forumserati here. No prior reading needed.

You need to be able to not understand Godel's incompleteness theorems otherwise you might have a seizure or two.

don't listen to them user, pretty sure they've not dived into Peterson's work. if you're not familiar with Jung's collctive unconscious and archetype studies, Marie-Louise von Franz's analyses on the literary folklore and the recent works of Robert Johnson with whom Peterson shares lot of similiarities (it's not a coincidence that they're good friends and both junghian analysts) you'll find yourself way out of your depth. also, I'd suggest you to know VERY well the main christian literature, since Peterson often times refers to it: so the bible, the gospel and at least a biography on the life of christ (might I suggest hegel's biography?) are absolutely mandatory. Peterson is really one of the brightest junghian philosophers of our time, if not the greatest, and one of the very professors who truly understand the zeitgeist of our time despite working in an environment, the academia, which is sadly out of touch and in a postmodernist bubble

When will the Peterson meme end? He's a fucking snake-oil salesman for pseudo-intellectual H3H3 fans

it's amusing that there are more pseud among peterson's critics than amonog peterson's supporters though

You can read Maps of Meaning without any "prerequisite knowledge" as long as you are able to read complex texts.

cool meme

>writes a book called 'Maps of Meaning'
>it's meaningless

pic related

You forgot the part where you have to read the book to understand the figures.

did the idea of the precosmogonic egg become credible to you before or after he became an internet celebrity for refusing to use people's chosen pronouns?

when will you stop shilling for this secret jew?

I read Maps before he got into that mess, so before.

peterson meme ends as soon as you start addressing his arguments and points, go make a name for yourself my dear redditor

Only watched his lectures on maps of meaning, but this makes at least 80% sense to me.

>as long as you are able to read complex texts.
Not even that. Every chapter contains a preface that boils its contents down for lazy retards.

You can't read the prefaces alone because they don't explain the terms used.

>mfw no meaning because I havn't hatched from the precosmogonic egg

>jungian philosophers
What is Jungian philosophy? No sarcasm just wondering what distinguishes a Jungian

to be fair you have to have a very high iq to understand jordan peterson...

I was just contemplating going full copy pasta with that very theme in mind user. You beat me to it you scoundrel.