>every girl writes about:
>dead grandparent
>lonliness
>alcoholism
>not being straight
>Teacher says i can't say I hated reading anything
>"user what did you think of my poetry?"
>mfw

If I could drop this thing I would. The A isn't even worth it at this point. Any of y'all got good creative writing stories

>>creative writing poetry course at Uni
This is what happens when user try to warn you and you don't listen.

I'm going to major in English at UCLA. Talk me out of it.

What do you write about?

First off,
post your work

Why are you majoring in English?
Why don't you save the money, write a book, and spend that money on promotion and publicists?

Creative writing is worthless but poetry instruction is useful. It's like taking music lessons.

Did you not read OP's experience? Unless you are OP in which case what are you doing with your life are you serious.

This. Talent comes out. Think on what you want to say, the change you want to make. Tell us a story that tells us about ourselves shows us what we really are. You will never acquire this ability from a class. Be the opposite of pic related.

My daddy once touched me,
I shouldn't say where,
but he touched me a lot
in my no-no square.

So now I just drink
and I am a dumb whore
and I write shitty poems
'cause I can't do any more.

If you're not going for teaching or academic careers where accreditation is required it's entirely superfluous. That is one of the very few areas where you can get by independently if you so desire -- a recourse that you'd be smart to choose, unless you've a masochistic attraction toward bureaucracy.

>tfw narcissistic and oblivious.
>took too long to understand why people sneered at my reactionary verse.
>enjoyed staring at girls and giving people my opinion.
>made teacher uncomfortable.
>glossed over the shit quality of pretty girls' writing
>hit on one girl after they'd been vulnerable in a piece.
>got a sacred look back
>became more quiet in class
>only girl who liked me in the entire university hated CR classes and was writing an epic about a Nazi and his horse that he loved.
>she obsessively drew pictures of the horse, which was a Disney-like cartoon that she captioned with scene and the horses name.
>she was not cute and I did not fuck her, but I thought her stories about her grandfather the Nazi were cool
>I got an A in the class
>failed at social interactions once again
>overall bad time

Cranial surgeries I had back in 1996, 2001, 2015, and 2016

lol, in my fiction writing class (we either write a short story or an individual chapter of a novel) the professor actually marks points off of your critique if you don't say anything bad

>waaaaah these dumb bitches keep writing about their dead grandparent
>let me tell you about my own life experiences that are far more interesting and unique

Yeah i guess it's more a problem with the concept of the class in general than the people taking it. That said some have been pretty good. Whatever, I guess I'm just burnt out.

do this
honestly, they're probably better writers than you. they also read more contemporary stuff.

>read a lot of stevens
>think i'm better than all the other students
>im probably not
>poet/professor still encourage me to apply to mfas

Here's one I did.

Do I regret this skull's new slit
Leaving my head full of serum
The draining noise sinks hearts in pits
Oxy enhance delirium

The love for those who sit and pray
Over doctors who err and fault.
They all fear for what I'm to say
My tongue shall spare not one nor all.

Your voices pushed me past this edge.
Your knives do cut, but not so well.
What's left behind is more to dredge.
And I, inactive, sleep in hell.

Your tears and prayers mean nothing now
Princess of a pain with hidden crowns

Tell me more about the girl...

did your skull have an old slit?

look up the definition of serum

oxy enhance delirium is a string of sounds that move me not at all

>They all fear for what I'm to say
"Thank you for the life-saving surgery and first world healthcare" ...?

>Your tears and prayers mean nothing now
Did they mean something before when the origin of err and fault?

OP I think they scooped out the part of you that could write poetry.

>Princess
That explains it.

>will be applying to UCLA for English

bottom kek I'm sorry kid. I just realized you must be a high school age brainlet. do you have your parents permission to be on this site? Don't take anything I said to heart, you're young and bad poetry is par for the course. Your poetry will improve dramatically with time and experience. Just give your fellow artists the benefit of being heard. Don't think you're hot shit just yet, okay. Everyone has trauma.

Without getting too autobiographical, yeah, my head had a scar on it that had to get reopened for surgeries 3 and 4. Surgey 4, was done to get rid of a seroma that was caused in surgery 3, hence the serum bit. I didn't have to get surgery 3 so that's why I use this pissed off voice.

>I think they scooped out the part of you that could write poetry
Skull surgery isn't brain surgery.

I like your wojak by the way.

This is good, i like it.

Reminds me of Plath.

My anus bleeds a tempest wind,
I blow out my ring with a mild sting,
Destroying auras once emanated from my magnus anus,
No Longer do I present my hind to you,
My anus bleeds, but not for you

>imypling there are rules about what you can or can not write about

>It's like taking music lessons.
>t. has never formally studied a musical instrument.

Easy, hero. The analogy is sound. Learning to write poetry is a technical art that requires repetitive practice and a good ear. That's all. Didn't mean to belittle your hot cross buns guitar lessons gig.

Because I don't have any desire in physics my only scientific passion when most likely I would be smashing particles instead of writing a groundbreaking research paper. Ultimately my goal is to be a lawyer and I believe English is the easiest major to get a high GPA.
The exception is that UCLA will have the best of the best writing stories. Plus it is a coveted degree so people will always offer me jobs.
It's not my goal to teach.

>he goes to college for jobs training
>in a creative degree

>people will always offer me jobs.
And on that note....

>go to uni's writing club
>expect everybody there to be unbearable
>maybe a cute girl
>they were worse than I thought
>felt unconfortable and raided the peppermint jar
>guy reads some of his work
>hard to sit through
>end up not doing anything or talking to anyone
>never return
>once the disgust faded realize theyre better people than me because at least they can enjoy themselves
>ended up being a good experience because it helped me out of the "pleb/patrician" mindset
>am much more forgiving and understanding today

tldr; stop being a kunt

>angry medical malpractice feels
I know where you’re coming from user. Don’t expect most people to understand.

Is it normal for your classmates to read your writing in Creative Writing classes? I signed up for one next semester but I don't necessarily have any topics I really need to write about. I don't want my classmates reading the retarded pointless shit I think up.

I hate this quote, there's no virtue without God.

Nobody cares, christboo.

Yeah this is me a week ago, some seriously irksome behaviors in the CW Club but it was mostly just the quirky-clown-proto-reddit speak that miffed me, although I eventually kinda appreciated the atmosphere in a sense as I'd not really been in an area with some many clearly creative people, so was in a limbo of turning my nose up a little and jumping in on the conversation now and then - which was fun. A lot of colored hair and Harry Potter references mind you.

ugh

>go to a arthistory class
>expect everyone to be pretentious beyond belief
>turns out they're pretty normal, nice people
:)

>take creative writing class
>get accomplished Irish poet as teacher
>get quality lessons and material to read
>1/3rd of the class is him masturbating to the Romantics or crying at the Troubles

I once wrote a story about a boy who wanted to kill himself because he lost his sock.

>1/3rd of the class is him masturbating to the Romantics
sounds based

>1/3rd of the class is him masturbating to the Romantics

Game.

/ourguys/

Oh, pardon me for bringing up gay sex and alcohol. Had I only known that such content befitting the mode of verse was available...

Get a life outside of your fucking lectures.