At what point does using the word "nigger" become artistically unacceptable?

at what point does using the word "nigger" become artistically unacceptable?
I just did a search for nigger in my 55,000 word novella and it returned 11,986 results.
Is this too much? I want to write realistically but does there come a point where it detracts from the artistry?
It's a modern day story dealing with many present-day social issues and my main character is what most would consider a "racist" and so he is very flippant with the word's use but I'm worried that publishers will not accept my novella or see its artistic merit because of this and instead condemn it for being insensitive or intentionally inflammatory. But how else am I supposed to write this sort of character?
How often should I use the word?

Other urls found in this thread:

iwl.me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

At any point, you pussy.

>1 word out of 5
I think you might be a little bit obsessed with biggers, op

>I just did a search for nigger in my 55,000 word novella and it returned 11,986 results.

ive been banned from Veeky Forums for posting the word 'nigger' before.

You're full of shit, OP. Nobody could write a novel with every fifth word being "nigger."

Prove it by posting an excerpt within the next five minutes.

Naturally

>I just did a search for nigger in my 55,000 word novella and it returned 11,986 results.

here you go. It's a first-person narrative:
>The nigger looked like every other nigger, his niggerdom obscuring any humanity that might have lurked within all that niggerness. His niggereyes and his niggerlips smacked of niggerlust. Niggerhands that could neither love nor heal but only grope niggerloving whores. There are many of those nowadays. It is a nigger’s world filled with niggers who know nothing but niggerways. So the world shall become a nigger too. It is already as violent as a nigger. Already as diseased as a nigger. Already the world has been remade in the nigger's image.

plus a lot of my dialogue has either blacks using nigga or whites from the Veeky Forums type of communities using it in the same casual way that has become prevalent today.
>sandnigger
>potatonigger
etc.

May I have a link to this literary masterpiece, please?

I represent a very large publisher, and would like to discuss your representation and book/film deal.

>one out of every 5 words is nigger
So I had the dumb nigger go to his nigger house with his nigger wife, and this dumb nigger asks himself, "How did I, a nigger, get here?"
Letting the niggers go by, let the niggers hold me down, into the blue again, after the niggers are gone. Once in a nigger, niggers flowing undernigger.

How Dickensian.

This is the best thread on Veeky Forums right now.

Somebody make this a Veeky Forums banner

I don't belive you. You are just shitposting, shame on you.

Please publish this on Veeky Forums.
Also that's not a first-person narrative but I guess you know that.

While my own work does not contain nearly as many uses of the word, I do find it appropriate to post an excerpt from my forthcoming anthropological work, Among the Niggers.

Among the Niggers

By

Dr. Reginald F. Queensbottom

--------

Author's forward:

I make clear that I am no Nigger lover, nor do I hate them. This report is not to make any blanketed statements regarding all, most, or even some Niggers. My words as they are written here are only to describe these specific Niggers, as they were encountered in their unaltered, Nigger habitat.

I have only attempted to come, in an close as my finite time, energies, and resources would allow, to accurate depictions of this fascinating and complex species. Should any facts come into dispute, I accept the fullest responsibility for any inconsistencies within the body of emerging field work, made by those who seek this important work.

cont'

October 21st, 2010

I was asleep, and then awakened by the sound of a Nigger's gunshots. I count maybe 7 or 8 shots, in the small pistol round.

Ensuring all light in the immediate area is extinguished, I quickly spot the Nigger who was just attacked by another savage Nigger. By the time I am able to clearly see what has happened, the attacking Nigger has already rifled the fallen Nigger.

---

March 12, 2011

The Niggers were drumming and chanting again. The beat added at least 10 degrees to the ambient, rhythmically transforming the unseasonable October heat into an acceptable tropical norm.

The chanting got louder. While it could not be seen, it could be inferred that the Niggers were reaching some kind of fevered apex of chanting and drumming in which the throat of a goat would be slashed, it'
s blood captured in a golden bowl and held high before being chugged by the Nigger Priest.

Con't

--
July 7, 2011

I was riding on the train and it full of an unusually high number of Niggers. A Nigger woman sat next to me, and I could only hear one half of her phone conversation.
"I know you got locked up. You shouldn't even a been with them. You know REDACTED been locked up before...."
"I know."
"I hope you told them that."
"You a be out soon enough."
"I know."
"I know it's hard, but you got to stop crying."
"You got to stop crying, baby. People will see you crying."
"Baby."

---
November 5, 2011

Some niggers had gathered in a line to recieve free food. Word quickly spreads among the Niggers wherever there is free food, be it in church

----
December 18, 2011

I am on the subway, and a Nigger is across from me, pants down, hand glistening in petroleum jelly. Don't look. Don't look when the Nigger starts wiping the petroleum jelly on his flaccid, chapped penis and testicles.

OP's book is better, if it exists.

Well let's see your nigger book, then.

Finish the story and publish it on Veeky Forums. This is a great meme to be honest dude

From a serious literary perspective though, you have to tone it down with the use of the word nigger. Only /pol/ will read that shit and even they will get bored with such repetition, because that's essentially what you're doing. Develop that character from being a complete racist dropping the "N bomb" into one that the reader is forced to understand and kind of like even and then you might be on to something. Whether it's the word nigger or any other you're using way too much repetition. It can be autistic

there's no way a real story uses nigger as 1/5 of its words unless it has a like 20 page digression of nigger nigger nigger
please post

OP... easy on the nignogs...

how the fuck is it every 5 words ahhahahhaha this doesn't exist you lying

this is my favourite day

He sounds like he might be very one-dimensional. Go hang with the KKK, see what they're like when not obsessing over ethnicity.

okay here is a 500 word excerpt from it
I don't really want to post any more of it on here

It just gets better and better.
We are humbled.

What, OP, does the Nigger symbolize?

This... This is why I come to Veeky Forums

You're a fucking lunatic.

Try the redpill, cuck

A fine piece of niggerature.

>The tumult of the niggers
Holy fuck that line.
Is that the title?

You could have typed that just right now, I still not belive you.
The way the world comes up to you when that feel when no girlfriend becomes cripling and chronic

This is the best thing I've seen online in weeks.

Would’ve been hilarious if you used almost any other word for the joke.

What on earth could you possibly mean? This is perfection written by a man of our times.

I actually might do this desu just so it stands a chance of being published.
just mass-replace the word with something like "gumdrops" and say it is an avant-garde commentary on socio-political inequities

>a chance of being published.
You have no idea what a self-castrating move this would be.
Would the Turner Diaries be the revered classic it is if the Main Characters went out shooting water guns at "gumdrops?"
You know nothing of art.

No, it’s transformed into something completely different because he tried to shoehorn low hanging edgy humor into it. The best word to use might’ve been something innocuous and boring like “window” or “car.” With his version, the actual, great joke has to share half a stage with a low brow, edgy joke.

You clearly do not understand what you have read.
>pearlsbeforeswine.webm

It is not a problem if your work has artistic merit.

Even if you just wrote this as a joke, reevaluate your life

>muh white guilt
Neck yourself, more than half the niggers in this planet are sick of your overbearing attempt at protecting them for your own ego.

same, praise kek

im a leftist faggot and i think this is gold.
definetly publish it op.

If I meet you, I will crush you.

I would pay you for this, OP

>/pol/ visits Veeky Forums
include me in the screencap pls

so your novel is roughly 22% nigger
>here you go. It's a first-person narrative:
this excerpt is 17% nigger
>okay here is a 500 word excerpt from it
and this one only 12%

wouold you please post an excerpt with a more dense use of the word?

post more shit nigger. It's fucking great

me too

as you should be

I hypothesis that there are entire chapters that are simply the word 'nigger' scattered throughout the novella

agreed, those numbers ain't adding up OP.
I bet there's a passage though where the protag is going crazy and just says "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER o hi mark NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER"

I love Veeky Forums

it wouldn't have a solid 22% distribution everywhere, that's not how percentages of this kind work

>niggardly

I like this. Keep going.

How could fools ever get tired?

But that means there have to be sections with significantly more than 22% being the word nigger. It would be incredibly difficult to write coherently with any one word making up almost 30% of the words in a paragraph.

Reminds me of McCarthy to be honest

There may very well be but who doesn't do this from time to time? Makes the main character more real and relatable

I like how we are doing "nigger" distribution statistics now.

Dont do that it’s literally perfect the way it is. It’s true art that isn’t being stifled by political correctness. I’d say it’s a modern masterpiece desu.

shit nigger, those quads

I have stuff where it gets more dense, very stream-of-consciousness type thing but they aren't as accessible so I didn't post from those parts.
this is around 300 words I think

publish this please and give a copy to dave chappelle.

holy hell
thank you

You had one job.

Modern Niggetheus

Seriously OP, post it somewhere, I will pay good money for this.

That stood out to me as well.

I could not get through a 55,000 word novella if you use Nigger THIS much. It just gets annoying and absurd (not in a good way).
I think the writing is actually quite good, but the repetition of that word gets so old to the point that it's insufferable.

>repetition of that word gets so old to the point that it's insufferable.
You have to go back.

roastie spotted

Op if this is real and you try and publish you're going to have to pretend to be a reclusive black man.

Is this an excerpt from your book, OP?
>Alas, poor nigger! I knew him, nigger, a fellow of infinite niggardry, of most excellent fancy, nigger. He hath borne me, like a nigger, on his nigger a thousand times, and now, how abhorred in my niggerlike imagination it is! My nigger rises at it. Here hung those nigger lips that I have kissed I know not how oft, nigger. —Where be your niggers now, nigger? Your niggers? Your nigger songs? Your niggers of merriment that were wont to set the table on a nigger? Not one nigger now to mock your own grinniggering? Quite chapfallen? Now get you to my nigger's nigger and tell her, let her paint a nigger thicc, to this nigger she must come. Make her laugh at that nigger.—Prithee, nigger, tell me one thing. Nigger nigger nigger.

The Hand Speaks!

Tone it down a little bit

this is the best Veeky Forums original content I've seen, fantastic job

If 1/5 of all your words are the same word then maybe your writing is weak and repetitive

he doesn't want to be repetitive

The issue of voluntary suppression of speech by way of monetary coercion is the nigger in the woodpile of the first amendment.

>no "oily smarts"
bye bitch

>Racists saying nigger that much not having a 250 iq

>niggernotions
just one piece of gold from this masterpiece. put me in the screencap

Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger
I don't have a problem with the word itself, any noun repeated that much would be too much is what I'm saying

thats the kind of niggernotion you'd expect from a nigger

>tfw OP writes like Oscar Wilde/Mark Twain
iwl.me/

niggers

Where can I pre-order your book

Posting in an epic thread

I'm not even joking: self-publish this text. Put it out there. Some anons will help you spread the word. People will hear about it, be disgusted, and then some Derrida-type academic will write an essay defending it, particularly your use of compound words (with, of course, the n-word attached to the beginning)

This, user. Do this.

Man, I could see academics reading ALL kinds of shit into this. But yeah OP, definitely pretend to be black.