What does Veeky Forums think about feminist writers and feminist literature in general?

What does Veeky Forums think about feminist writers and feminist literature in general?

i love it/them
i love women who read and write
intelligent women

feminist writers: alright as long as what they write is good
feminist literature: 99% really fucking gay

Too many gay/marxist shit

Virginia Woolf is so much more than a 'feminist writer'.

I think it's nice

The writing's quality is all that matters.

Feminism is stupid. That said, the first wave feminist writers were less retarded than those who came after them.

the Virginia Woolf

the Stacy Austin

the best modernist was a feminist
the best Victorian novelist was a feminist
my least favorite poem was written by a feminist (Mina Loy)
a lot of bad stuff is feminist, but its not exactly indicative of quality

>tfw agree with the first two

yes she was also a shit writer

I don't know if this is Lit bias, but the more I read so-called great female writers the more I think mental illness is linked to perceived greatness. Woolf abused and crazy, Plath crazy, Bronte Crazy, etc.

>spotted the frogman

Is this the
>Lmoa man Hendrix had to be sooo high to write all that crazy shit
of literature?

The cliche is the fine line between madness and genius. What's hard here? Femanons back to /a/.

I meant it's stupid because it's science fact that all women are mentally ill and will never write proper literature that is deep.

>inb4 the waves or the lighthouse
dog shit compared to DFW

an honest observation.
>Femanons hold up writer x.
>Do research.
> Writer X was a nutter.
Note observation in appropriate thread.
???????
Profit?

Why don't you try harder in your next thread, mongrel?

"Feminism" used to have credibility back before women couldn't vote, but the concept as a whole as turned the majority of women into bitches, which is sadly quite true if you look at it. Women have it way easier than men nowadays in pretty much every aspect of life so they should just stop bitching. But that seems to be the only thing they're good for.

>hurr i have a vagina so James Joyce isn't the best modernist

Eliot's better than him too. Not just H.D.

hmm alright whatever

as amusing as that is its absolutely the other way round.

desu pound was a better modernist than joyce and he was a fascist and a fraud. joyce is the U2 of modernism. HD's better than pound by his own admission. it's not some hotly contested gender issue, it's that HD has goddamn thunderous prose.

Feminists are badasses.

>"Feminism" used to have credibility back before women couldn't vote
Eventually you'll realize that the current situation is a product of the earlier forms of the movement and that the entire thing was rotten from the start.

>DFW
Kid, you're basic as fuck

A Room of One's Own is GOAT

You don't even have to be a feminist to enjoy it

i love strong indipendent empowered women

Just read The Handmaid's Tale. It was pretty good.

Loved To The Lighthouse, one of my favourite books.

So yeah, modern feminism might make me cringe a bit as it mostly focuses on trivial shit and has fallen into the trend of almost all modern political movements of being mostly fronted by lunatics, but feminism itself doesn't make for inherently bad writing.

>be woman writer
>realize you'll never be as great as male writers
>put head in oven, jump into river with rocks in pocket, start car in garage with door closed.

lol

>Feminists are badasses.

Feminists are casuals. I have far better taste in female lit than most modern feminists I don't even give a shit about female writers that much. They'd rather be seen publicly championing the idea of female talent in general than actually researching it seriously.

Feminists shmeminists. Autism wins yet again.