This just came in the mail. Time to turn my life around

This just came in the mail. Time to turn my life around.

Other urls found in this thread:

godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck you, i'll be sending my legions of Israeli agents to kidnap you and stand trial in West Jerusalem

LOL

Anyone else think Hilarius was an Eichmann being chased by Jews?

WUBBA

This is an actual quote from Dawkins in this book

"I’ve forgotten the details, but I once piqued a gathering of theologians and philosophers by adapting the ontological argument to prove that pigs can fly. They felt the need to resort to Modal Logic to prove that I was wrong."

LUBBA

Holy... I want more.

i unironically enjoyed that book

What did he mean by any of that

Let me spoil it for you

Every religion is the provincial pathway to mystical experience, often bogged down with unnecessary theological concerns and systems of belief

Eastern "religion" is a more experiential path, more 'lets get down to business'

Meditation is the first and final step towards union with the divine source and religious concepts of god and theological doctrines will only serve to get in the way

Dawkins goes way out of his way with the scientific materialism shtick and basically goes on a "look how dumb these people are" rant for 200 pages.

Religion is false, god is real.

Richard Dawkins walked into a room full of philosophers and thought he was going to wow them with his parody of the ontological argument. When they explained how his reasoning was fallacious he put on his trilby and scoffed at them for using modal logic while being completely unaware that his parody of the ontological argument is an exercise in modal logic.

>I have, however, met many of the wonderful 'proofs' collected at godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm, a richly comic numbered list of 'Over Three Hundred Proofs of God's Existence'. Here's a hilarious half-dozen, beginning with Proof Number 36.
Not gonna c/p all that autistic shit but here's one as a sample for ya:
>MODAL ONTOLOGICAL ARGUMENT
>(1) God is either necessary or unnecessary.
>(2) God is not unnecessary, therefore God must be necessary.
>(3) Therefore, God exists.

argument from meta-smugness but unironically

LUB
U
B

That's not what Dawkins says. He's a pretty hardcore secular humanist

I didn't word that right, I meant spoil the book as in nullify