What is his fucking problem?

What is his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lound,_Suffolk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He used the randomize button on the character creation screen.

DERGH HAI DURZZZZZZ HAI GUYZ WUTZ GERNING ON DURRRRRRGH

Is he part Jewish or something? His work feels too Jewish to be written by a goy

I love this theory. Please elaborate.

Did you do the Charleston and think you were the shit? Heh, try the Kenosha Kid, kid.

Only one way to find out, user, go see if his glans are exposed!

He views the world as this massive swirl of conspiracies masked by the Powers That Be; the oeuvre collectively has the madcap energy of Steven Spielberg's 1941 except done with meticulous prose and a formidable understanding of history and its unique participants.

dude history and weed and coprophilia lmao

t. hasn't read GR

Them

I just bought GR. What am I in for?

Please no buly

>opens book
>cloth snake pops out

He keeps posting threads about himself, for one thing

I think it's more like he's so rationally capable he enjoys constructing massive replicas of real-world ideologies but with subtle flaws in them that illuminate their wholes, and also make them way funnier looking.

No fun!

An IJ character was killed this way

bought GR and Crying based on lit
had no idea he was that good-looking

I keep trying to read Gravity's Rainbow but I can't get through the first 10 pages. Makes no fucking sense.

you got PYNCHED

Same happened with me. You just have to read more and you'll be able to get through it. Still my favourite opening despite me not getting it and dropping it first time.

Pirate Prentice awakes from a dream where people are filing through a hellscape. He awakes after a night of drinking with his fellow troops. He saves one passed out guy from falling to his death by kicking a cushion beneath him. It's explained that he has an unusual psychic power: Absorbing the fantasies of others. Various organizations have been taking advantage of him because of this. He goes up on the roof and sees a German rocket headed in his general direction. He goes back inside after collecting bananas from his garden. He makes breakfast. He gets a phone call. The rocket has struck and they want him down at the site.

Where does Pirate work? It's mentioned that there's a bunch of people sleeping there and some sort of banana plant. I got the impression it was a diner. I understood Inherent Vice better than this.

Pynchon was so fucked up on drugs he can't even remember writing it

Literally how? There's nothing cryptic about it. The hard stuff comes later.

Just keep reading and you will get used to it. The first part of the book is the hardest.
All the goofs and pomo shit aside, Pynchon creates really touching moments in book, it is worth it.

im like 200 pages in (just finished beyond the zero) and its kinda fun being looped about then watching him sew you back into a weird story after being taken of a prose spiral of le quirky xd. but i find the long winded prose sections that jumpcut so frequently between anecdotes and seemigly useless backstories and magnified moments to be a little boring honestly, i keep trying to appreciate his “epic prose” but it gets very weary on me, although when i do eventually notice a little plot change or when he puts somethig together its been keeping me in it. am i doing it wrong? should i read slower instead of slogging through his streams of descriptors ?

what's your fucking problem

They're all living at some requisitioned mansion in London, I believe they work elsewhere.

Ya just gotta let it flow man. You're not going to understand 100% whats going on. I just dipped into part 2 and have to keep questioning whether parts of the plot are juat dreamed up or whether they're actually going down. I'm still kinda confuddled about the whole octopus shit. Its worth it for those brief paragraphs that hit ya in the feels.
"They were in love. Fuck the world."

I have no idea what's happening in the beginning, with the banana plant, the rocket, the people in their bunk beds. Just not used to experimental literature I'm afraid. I'm going to give it another go but it's a huge leap from stuff I'm used to reading like Franzen.

he smoke 2 much of that lound get me

He is way too good of a writer to be jewish. Jews are terrible writers. He's just culturally jewish like many who imbibed the 60s counter culture, but multiplied several times over by spending so much time in New York.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lound,_Suffolk

He set fire to a village in Suffolk?