Do you have a Veeky Forums related job/profession?

Do you have a Veeky Forums related job/profession?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Planning to be a programmer or in IT. Plan to write my memoirs when I'm in my 30s. Veeky Forums enough for you?

No. I'm a math tutor.

I'm an English teacher. So no.

I am a NEET, writing for "the experience" and to build a portfolio. Yes, I have a Veeky Forums job. It pays nothing.

Is roughnecking Veeky Forums related?

Any profession that is written about in a prolific novel counts

yes I'm a shitty student with no future

Yes I do. But I will not divulge any further information.

Full-time NEET. Doesn't pay the bills but I'm happy.

I can't think of any novels about roughnecks though

t. Tengo Kawana

I'm a tutor for an introduction to literary studies. Meh.

Writing and English tutor for college level classes.

You poor souls. How do you put up with it?

First guy. I need to do it because it gets me money (pretty good money, for the amount of work I put into it) and my boss and colleagues are nice.
But working with uninspired young adults who are only there to be able to call themselves teacher sometime in the future is pretty tiring. Then again, it's mostly girls there and I enjoy the attention and getting hit on occasionally.

>They're people stupid enough on Veeky Forums to actually attempt to make a career out of the humanities
Damn son

I'm a neet autodidact and I live with mummy and daddy

Fuck me too. MSc in pure math, work as a HS teacher
My life sucks tbqh

I'm also working on getting my degree in math but also taking accounting instead of education. imo tutoring a small group of kids is fine but I'd kill myself if I had to deal with a fuckload of rowdy kids.

Welfare NEET.

It's great, I live like a 21st century Oblomov.

Lawyer. Nothing more Veeky Forums than that

>tfw

youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

>Plan to write my memoirs when I'm in my 30s
is this a joke?

Memoir of what? Writing dating apps for gay men?

Got an interview for Barnes and Noble tomorrow and I don't even read that often. what do?

Straight people can use Dads Meet too.

Life is too short, so I might as well write something.

>Memoir of what?
That'll spoil the book m8

Glad I'm not the only one

Glad I'm not the only one

I'm an English lit major getting ready for my first full-time job once I graduate in the spring. What should I go for? Give me your sagely wisdom

get a sugar daddy and prep your asshole in the meantime

Don't worry. You'll fit in perfectly.

Sweet

Cognitive Science major, I work as an undergrad in the lab researching the abeta peptide's effect on the pathology of alzheimer's. I wrote a paper trying to disprove the amyloid Cascade theory as it is held up by BIASED scientists who put their vanity above fixing the cognitive degeneration that plagues millions of patients. Of course it was denied, the rejection letter claimed the pacing was indicative of my anger, which clouded the accuracy of my research.

I’m studying to be a documentary filmmaker. I want to make movies that follow outdoor educational and wilderness therapy programs and how their students develop. Right now I work for NOLS and am working on a short film based off of a poem I wrote.

I guess it’s sort of Veeky Forums, at least there are elements of literature in what I do. It requires writing and carving a coherent story out of real life.

Why do the lumpen always complain of immigrants and single mothers taking all the welfare when NEETs are the real parasites?

Line up and shoot these as well.

Gay major, user, hope you enjoy just re-hashing psychology and making it more 'philosophical'.

Lawyer. All my work is based around the meaning of words and a philosophical analysis therein. Either utilitarian, or distributive, morals etc, its pretty Veeky Forums

I'm a journo.

But it's a trade not a profession.

Yes, Technical writer. If it was good enough for the Pinecone it's good enough for me

I work on the pediatric oncology floor. It's pretty lit.

Is bartending Veeky Forums basically I mix drinks and change lives.

Yes, I'm a computer programmer.

It wasn't good enough for him. He quit.

I'm a grad school sea-ice researcher right now, so not Veeky Forums, but pretty much as culturally inclined as you can get for science work.

>criticizing NEETs

My pleb alarms won't stop blaring.

How do i into NEETdom?

There was a Cioran thread yesterday and some user posted an interview with him. He said he only worked a year in his life, and managed to move to france because of a grant, but didn't even go to the university or work on his thesis ect. His books also didn't sell that well for a long time. Like how do you do this? How did Cioran do it?

>tfw you love your water trough

Cioran was absolutely destitute for a lot of his life and spent a decent chunk of it without a fixed address. He was also great at eating in student halls while he didn't have anything to do with the Uni, going to pretentious dinner parties for the food and booze et cetera.

Later he was a kept man who just let his French gf pay for everything while he walked around and did nothing I believe.

Today it's a lot easier in the first world. You just go on welfare or autismbux or something.

Native NEETs are a smaller proportion of welfare recipients. They also aren't violent criminals (immigrants) or create violent criminals (single mothers). Apart from the little money they get (which they put right back into the economy) they are an unproblematic demographic.

>tfw you will never be a house boyfriend

Just aced my "interview". Only book related question was "What was the last book you've read or are reading?".

What did you say?

Psychiatrist. I mine my clients for material.

Sun and Steel by Mishima. she thought I said Son and Steal

>sea-ice researcher
What do you do? I'm a geophysicist focusing on sea-ice.

I work for a legal firm writing legal briefs and reading case law, I write recreationally when Im not procrastinating like I am now.

Is that Veeky Forums?

Graduated as a mechanical engineer

I do stress analysis for shelves

Thank god I failed out of STEM that sounds boring as shit.

I worked at a corporate bookstore for 6 days and didn't get paid, they said it was a trial period and never called back. Later I found out the female manager said I did not return the call and that she got fired for stealing.

>Cioran didn't work

Nice meme
He wrote a gazillion books and not of the light kind

Yeah, almost every engineering job is complete, boring shit. The opportunities all sound great from the outset, because there are so many cool, high-technology companies that are always looking for new engineers. But all of the jobs are just repetitive analyses or coding. Most design work is dead or left for senior engineers.

Transcriber for a bunch of different clients. Ranges from academic interviews to police interrogations and all kinds of other odd shit. It lets me work from home and I enjoy getting an often private glimpse into others' lives.

Why do you guys always do this? Miss the point of the post to write what you think is a smart comment. This is the real meme.

Cioran was a NEET philosopher who praised non-action.

>"At any rate I can say that I've read a lot in my life, precisely because I was a man without an occupation. What the French call an idler, someone who doesn't work. But in return I read. So I consider that I've done my duty all the same. But I read also in order not to think, to escape. To not be me. And too, I've always tried to find the defects in others, the flaws."'
- E.M. Cioran

>JW Did you write much through all those sleepless nights?
>EMC Yes, but not so much. You know, I've written very little, I never assumed it as a profession. I'm not a writer. I write these little books, that's nothing at all, it's not an oeuvre. I haven't done anything in my life. I only practiced a trade for a year, I was a high-school teacher in Rumania. But since then, I've never practiced a trade. I've lived just like that, like a sort of student and such. And that I consider the greatest suc- cess of my life. My life hasn't been a failure because I succeeded in doing nothing.
>JW And that's difficult.
>EMC It's extremely difficult, but I consider that an immense success. I'm proud of it. I always found one scheme or another, I had grants, things like that.

>"To awaken the modern world, one must praise laziness. The lazy man has an infinitely keener perception of metaphysical reality than the active one."
– E. M. Cioran

I have tons of down time so yes.

how do you get this job?

I work in the ebook marketing department at an editor. You won't believe the idiots who run this kind of business.
They mostly work the bare minimum and make stupid decisions. I will soon take over the entire market department because my superiors are incompetent and I double the profits from everything they give me by two with just listening to big retailers advice, doing basic math and applying common sense.

The plan is to make enough money to open my own business. If those idiots can have a company, I most certainly can do well.

just saw an ad for it after I quit a different job and applied. had to work in an office for like two weeks and then they just let me on my own.

>there are people dumb enough on Veeky Forums that they can't make a career out of what they want

kek

>I haven't done anything in my life. I only practiced a trade for a year, I was a high-school teacher in Rumania. But since then, I've never practiced a trade.

Wow, what a NEET.

Give us tips how to start ebook bookstore senpai

>I do stress analysis for shelves

I laughed pretty hard at this. One of those 'it's funny because it's true' moments.

>work for 1 out of 84 years of your life
>not NEET

Cioran was a publicist, if he were a NEET he would just do nothing. He was able to be a rent boy because old French broad loved his writing. Writing of that sort is hard work.

He mostly did nothing. He published some obscure books but nothing like a 'professional author' who actually put in work daily and could sustain himself of it.

It was more of a hobby than a job.