ITT: Cringe thread

ITT: Post cringy Veeky Forums things from your child hood. I'll start.

When I was an edgy teen, I wrote a pretentious self-insert fantasy for a creative writing project. Brief synopsis:

>smart people and dumb people live segregated in the future
>dumb people do menial jobs while smart people do administration/science
>dumb people go on strike against smart people, refusing to do their dirty work for them
>MC (smart person) comes up with idea
>MC hacks into computer systems with help of other smart people
>plays audio to the dumb people when they're asleep to hypnotise them to stop the strike
>it works and they all live happily ever after

My teacher actually gave me a good mark for this. It occurred to me recently, did she think this was supposed to be a dystopian story toying with the idea of free will? Did I inadvertently write something semi-decent?

Part of some shit I partially wrote down from when I was 6-12
>good guy invents laser shooting glasses
>evil guy steals the idea and they start to fight
>good guy creates a fucking robot army to go against evil guy
>evil guy seals the idea, full out war, good guy dies
>robots need master. steals orphan boy and train him to become master
>builds a super base housing 100000+ robot soldiers
>evil guy steals idea. super war
>orphan guy vs evil guy final battle. both die
>robots have super revive medicine. Orphan guy turns into some demi god, but is asleep. is sent to another dimension
>100 years into future. evil guy not dead and it's getting dystopian
>super base still exists but crumbling. robots transfer demigod back for help. super mega war. demigod literally destroys half of the earth, along the equator exactly
>evil guy most certainly dead. people don't want to live on half-earth. goes back to other dimension to live as communal farmers worshiping demigod.

This could be done well honestly (well it would at best be 1984 tier, but still there could be a good allegory in there)

I can imagine edgy teens like I was reading a dystopian novel like that and thinking it was a utopia, not thinking about the whole philosophical debate about freedom.

In middle school I wrote a cringy essay about a dystopian world where a young teen breaks down after seeing a pair of shoes he wanted before society broke down. My execution on it was terrible. No one even clapped after I read it to the class when we all shared them.

Nothing really bad, at least idea wise.

My writing style was shitty, but I had some decent ideas.

First story I tried to write was about a Norwegian kid who leaves his family to work as a cabin boy on a ship traveling to the new world, his uncle was the boatswain I think.

In fourth grade I plaguerized an almost scene by scene reimagining of the movie Signs, replaced the aliens with zombies, and abruptly resolved the story through a deus ex machina joint Afghan-Japanese rescue force, for whom i personally facilitated a global peace treaty while fighting a vengeance-bound zombie that couldn’t figure out how to open doors and hated fire

The story resulted in my immediate graduation of high school at the age of 10; Bennington College accepted me into their advanced writing workshop courses and i finished 300 college hours worth of work in two semesters, graduating at 11 and beginning work on the sequel to my magnum opus. it’s been a year since i began, and what is this

Now are you going to cringe at my success?

I wrote a one hundred and twenty page story about Megaman progressing through Chill Penguin's stage, picking up power pills, discovering secret heart items, shooting bats, and defeating Chill Penguin when I was 8.

In the 4th grade I wrote a short story about a dog and a cat that flush themselves down a toilet to rescue their friend, a pet fish, that was recently flushed. I thought it was great (but it probably wasn't) and even know I feel like the premise is worth exploring. the fish was obviously dead but they didn't know until they found him. The two leave the sewers in silence and laid a flower over his bowl. Fin.

there's a metaphor for 21st century civilization in there somewhere lol

I consistently wrote about a team of superheroes that included a wizard who controlled meat and a man made out of the sun.

Otherwise I always tried to write "dramatic" things like a narrative about a family's last day at home after hearing a meteor was going to hit, or a letter by a british redcoat to his wife that changes to his commanding officer's missive halfway through because he's shot and killed at bunker hill. It sounds alot better than it was because I was still a twerp kid, but I like to think they were solid foundations to build on.

In middle school I wrote a story about two brothers who got lost in the woods on a hunting trip but wind up finding lots of gold thanks to a bear. It was really long and mostly just detailed descriptions of wooded areas like the ones that I live around. My English teacher was a mega-cunt and said that "long doesn't mean good" in front of the whole class shortly after I finished reading my paper. Very rude of her.

That is quite rude, especially to a middle schooler, and in front of everyone

> be me, 8 years old
>want to write a story
> get a Windows 95 IBM with Word installed
>was really into Mario at the time, decide to write a story
>only played Super Mario Advance, so wrote what I knew plus shit from stuff I've consumed.
>The Mario brothers were now gangsters
>wore suits all the fucking time, except Princess Peach
>Luigi was a night clubber who was into disco
>Toad was the smartass of the group who everybody loved
>Princess Peach was Mario's stress relief
>Mario was the only sane man
>enemies were Wart and his trio of faggots
>one Shy Guy decides not to be the bad guy anymore
>dialogue literally says "The Shy Guy didn't want to be bad no more. He wanted to be a good guy"
>He tries to sneak up and join the Mario gang
>try to be creative, have the shy guy like Toad
>had no idea what a faggot was, actually thought I was a genius inventing homosexuality
>decide to invent another bad guy who was like the Darth Sidious to Wart.
>invent an Arab version of Mario since 9/11 just happened and saw Osama all the time on tv
>he wore a brown suit and a yellow turban
>end was Toad falling in love with a female princess Toad, a big battle with giant ass robots, and Mario and his buddies singing Sweet Victory

would read

Late high school, I attempted to write depressing poetry and dissident short stories. Most of them ended up pure cringe In terms of layout, meter, and rhyme for the poetry, and for the short stories most of them had no clear plotline nor clear characters.

Sad thing is I still kept about 90% of these stories and poems.

When I was 14 I tried writing a book. And from 14-19 I've written about 5 books each without a decent plot or characters or theme. They all got deleted.

That sounds kind of like Fritz Lang's Metropolis except really stupid.

I wrote self-insert fantasies of having a gf. I would write about kissing and hand holding. It eventually progressed to a story where I was able to stop time in class and do whatever I wanted to the girls. There was also one where I attended a ballet and the laws of reality broke. They all floated through the air and perched atop my face wrapping their thighs around my neck and sitting on my shoulders. I wouldn't eat them out, but I imagined the hairy vaginas in my face, as each one floated and took turns mounting me. Set to the tune of the nutcracker

How has nobody who read this and thought the idea promising brought up the story which has preceded it: The Time Machine?

Me and one of my friends had a rule that we could use each other as characters in our stories but only if we died in the course of the story. It worked well for typical action stories kids would write but we also carried it over to things like journal entries or other writing assignments. We would just randomly die by the end of it. Must have disturbed the teacher in hindsight.

Based

Make the MC a smart person who accidentally got sent to the dumb world and you've got a YA film franchise

Spoiler: the "hypnosis" is actually a code-word for a modern lobotomy procedure.

oh god...

Sounds like what HG Wells was talking about in the Time Machine.