Most Veeky Forums city in the world?

Most Veeky Forums city in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/magazine-24399599
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The most Veeky Forums is recognising the post-geographical and realising everything culturally important now happens on the internet, and then leveraging that and living in a pragmatic sensible cheap place.

Joke: Loft in NYC.
Woke: Grandma's basement in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

I would say Chicago. You can constantly be murdered everywhere you go, it stinks, it's broken up into isolated neighbourhoods that don't communicate easily because of how dangerous it is, and there are river tours! Yaaaay!

>everything culturally important now happens on the internet
where?
Here?

Veeky Forums is certainly culturally more important than some shitty blasé brooklyn book party

Dallas, Texas. It's like millennial Americana, straight of the NYT. and since the gentrification hasn't gotten too bad you can live there on a low budget.

Chomsky once discussed the literary nexus that existed in the Arab world. The proverb once went, “Egypt writes; Lebanon publishes and Iraq reads.” Then he went through the fates of Egypt, Lebanon and Iraq. Egypt faced the tyranny of the US backed dictator Mubarick and no suffers under the US backed tyranny of President Sisi. During the first invasion of Lebanon, the Israelis deliberately bombarded the publishing houses of Beirut. We rightfully denounce the Taliban for dynamiting ancient Buddhist rock carvings and ISIS for destroying the ancient Roman monuments of Palmyra, but the fact that the Israeli are engaged in acts of barbariic acts of cultural destruction is literally inconceivable because We in the West are noble and fight with honor and the Arabs are incapable of culture. We don’t have to get into Iraq’s fare.

I respect the Taliban and ISIS and their 'if our God is actually real it means your idolatry can get fucked' more than the bad faith moderates who just play at religion desu.

If religious people are sincere everything about their faith should be treated as a life and death question of the highest order and urgency, not as some lukewarm set of rituals.

Gaza Strip

Very good answer desu.

Why?

It's the geographical embodiment of the oppressed. Instant cred with all the leftist women who run publishing, even though they're Jewish.

NYC is a giant pile of garbage

Joke: San Francisco
Bloke: New York City
Woke: Kansas City

>garbage
Man I wish it was just garbage.
It's mostly vomit and dead rats.

>

Reykjavik is the most boring city in the world desu

I can't believe de Blasio won AGAIN. Who fucking votes for that faggot? The trash and the crime are back but the rent is still going up. Fuck him.

t. boring mega bougie

True.

Souce: I live there.

this tbqfwuf
been there twice and the best thing that happened was I saw a deaf/mute facetiming her friend

Also this, fucking lurch can't run a city. NY is at its best with a democrat council and a republican mayor, even if he's a RINO like Bloomb*rg

>go to iceland with friends
>they decide to spend 2 days hiking and 3 days in reykjavik

it was painful desu

bbc.com/news/magazine-24399599
>1 in 10 Icelandic people will publish a book
>literally not the most Veeky Forums country in the world
Unless OP is talking about Veeky Forums fodder, but there are a lot of shitholes in the world.

Did you copy and paste this off of tumblr?

It's so shrill my ears hurt.

Fargo

its all probably pseud ya shit

which makes it the least lit country in the world

>publishing a book
>Veeky Forums

You realise a boring organised orderly wealthlife is the ultimate atmosphere to write the novel of polite commercial culture of the 21st century, right?

It's the final destination of world liberalism. Maybe Singapore is the ultimate literary city today.

fpbp

t. Cletus

this. The metroplex is known as DFW

The most Veeky Forums city in the world is without a doubt Salisbury, Maryland.

Minneapolis

gay

>Dallasfags on my Veeky Forums

Well, cool, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. What's funny is that non-literary culture has a pretty big presence in the city, with all the museums and public art, but our literary culture is severely lacking. I think we have a single notable independent book store.

Da WAN ku na para TSAYER ic in yur dar llagan PARAPENITEN, ku Y'USEN qua non uratb losh JUR, se ne l'eiphano ro misah khalolo ichak ish in b'a ta, QUA DU YURASELOR UN IREST I'TOLIKHA NO HAWINO LA O DERU KAIJUNICU AJOW. U ta maquesea lo no iecesumbra.

Boring is good.

nailed it

This but unironically.

Good post

Calvino liked Turin
Passao liked Lisbin

lisbon is full of niggers

Explain your reasoning

Nantucket desu

I thought the literary culture was really active. Tons of open mics and published authors.

It's the most soulless place I ever had the displeasure of living in.

Link? Chomsky is always interesting to listen to.

Relatively cheap, vibrant art scene supported by government and community leaders, long cold winters, excellent park system, countless libraries, bicycle-friendly, etc.

Where have you been finding them? I'd love to know where to look.

It was a YouTube interview. I wish I kept the link, he has done so many of them.

Somewhere in Japan? The literacy rate is 99%. I live in a town with around 120k people and there is about 3 book stores, technically 5 if you count stores that also sell books as well as other things.

On Facebook. Dallas has a huge cultural scene.

Most Veeky Forums places are
>tropical islands
>snowy midwestern homesteads
>old central European cities
>Tangiers

London you contrarian fedoras

>no one mentioned Vienna
>no one mentioned Budapest
>no one mentioned Zagreb
>no one mentioned Bratislava

this user hit the nail on the head with the old central european cities. Their comfiness can't be matched.

Bump. Minneapolis is the shit. It's a thrivong art hub, but still unappreciated.

how hard is it to move to austria

>The literacy rate is 99%
99% Manga

When my parents lived in Japan 40 years ago, they said it was common for people to read on the public transit. Japan had required music appreciation and literature courses, at least for the Japanese baby boom generation. My dad was a screw off in school, but his music and literature courses still had a lifelong impact on him. I don’t know how seriously artistic education is taken in Japan these days though.

Shit if niggers can do it why can't we?

For instance, there was a scene from an Ozu movie where the protagonist, Noriko, was at the train station, speaking to her friend about the book he was reading. He replied nonchalantly that he was reading Dostoevsky. Dostoevsky’s The Idiot had been adapted for the screen by Kurosawa in the early 1950s. Highbrow lit was current in the Japanese mainstream.

>Kansas City

Is it for real woke? I know that the economics department at the UMKC has one on the few non-neoclassical economics departments in the world. Is the rest of the city as scrappy?

Maybe Tangiers was Veeky Forums at some point. It didn't seem very when I was there.

St. Petersburg

>St. Petersburg

A Masonic abomination.

>bratislava
>unironically putting a shitty vienna suburb with 3/10 oldtown in the same league as budapest and vienna itself
Easy on the carrots, discounter Czech.

Replace Bratislava with Krakow and you're good to go.

It's literally the best place to live in Russia. I visited a traditional Russian Banya and got a massage (naked) from a thicc (naked) Russian bimbo who rubbed her tits all over me and jerked me off.

It is the best place to live in Russia; but that's not saying much. I preferred St. Petersburg for the food over Moscow; but it feel just like a watered-down European experience at best.

India.

t. pajeet

>a watered-down European experience

How many stars would you give it?

Interesting. I guess maybe I'll be telling my kids similar stories when I have some. That is, if we don't have kids here in Japan.

So is your mom's vagine, yet you don't bitch about that.

Truth or Consequences, New Mexico

I live in London and it's really not that inspiring

>a tug job from an overweight hooker is the pinnacle of living

there are people that unironically believe this like /pol/ thinking it memed someone into the presidency

Cambridge University

>implying london in 2017 inspires anything other than angry racist blog posts by muslim acid attack victims

Is this even a question?

E A S Y
A
S
Y

Shenzhen is right on the edge of the future, it’s certainly the most artistically significant city right now.

Any medieval town in Italy

wtf i hate israel no

>mentions Zagreb
>doesn't mention Sarajevo

Four times the size of Zagreb and culturally richer considering that Jugoslavia was centralized and Sarajevo was its center, people are generally friendlier and has a warm feel about it despite the freezing wind.

If you just haven't been but liked Zagreb, you definitely should go.

t. Croatian person

>Jugoslavia was centralised

lol

have you ever seen bjork at the grocery store?

this

The website is the new city
and that city is sofurry.com
tags M/M, Muscle, -scat -feral -incest -bestiality -non-anthro -rubber -latex -undertale -pokemon -digimon -sonic -mlp -pony -fat -chub -orca -avian -bird

I-is this advertising for a furry site?

Mobile Alabama

NYC is terrific... and I'm not even American.

If you believe /pol/ wasn't the kernel of the Trump presidential campaign you are an outsider.

Is none, cities are unironically full of social trash/niggers in every formerly respectable country.
The only literary home is a rural abode in the woods or in a secluded low population township.

No shit you aren't American, anyone who isn't a wide-eyed tourist understands why NYC is shit.
t. New Yorker

don't, it's a miserable country

Moscow or Paris.

Please explain, what's wrong with New York?

I've seen her many times. She's a friend of my moms so we have dinner with her occasionally.

>Eau Claire, Wisconsin
nothing but cambodians and hmong people and okies that think they stole their dog

>Any medieval town in Germany

ftfy

Fuck off yuppies, we're full