Muh Authenticity

>Muh Authenticity

I love the documentary aspects of this show, but jesus christ Dave Chang (the host) is insufferable. What does Veeky Forums think of this show?

I think you faggots watch too much tv

Yes i liked it, need to try donkey meat now.

second only to dragon. Loved the Pizza episode the best tho. That Japanese sushi pizza looked amazing.

I think you should check the fucking catalog before posting.

I have been skipping around and watching what appeals to my weeb tastes. I watched the fried rice one and was appalled by all the oppression talk going on. Chang should stick to food and keep his politics to himself.

I love the documentary aspects of this show, but jesus christ Phil Rosenthal (the host) is insufferable.

This thread again?

>Authentic food doesn't exist
>Goes to Japan
>This is the most authentic pizza

>Whitey won't eat authentic Chinese food
>Goes to China
>Can't eat authentic Chinese
>Authentic Chinese food was recommended by a white Chinese food expert
>Said happily expert happily eats the food and has to apologize for Chang

Fuck this show.

The CHI in the taco episode needs a beating. Overall I like the show though.

/pol/s feefees got hurt so you'll see this thread 2-3 times/day for the next 6 months or until another food celeb talks about other cultures' foods being equal or better than muh whipippos' food. Either that or if they give a recipe for orange fool.

Wow, rude. Phil is essential dadcore.

I like this show and I think David Chang is endearing and enjoyable. He really also pulls out a lot of genuineness from his guests,which I appreciate.

I honestly don't understand why he gets so much hate. Can someone explain this?

He's popular, so Veeky Forums must hate him

I like the shit with his family, the family cooking episode was wholesome. I think he over-analyzes food and the convergence of cultures and that causes him to play devils advocate to a lot of the traditional chefs which in turn can make him seem combative and pretentious. And he has his own obvious biases too.

Yeah that's what I like, his perspective is what makes him a really powerful piece in making it a deeply rooted documentary, as oppose to some fuckface wop dego talking about the true new yawk style pizza

I thought it was a good food doc.
I can take or leave Dave Chang but honestly everyone in that documentary seemed to be having a really good time.

>kikeflix

I liked the super racist fried chicken episode the best

I'm enjoying it so far but don't like in two episodes so far he brings up personal politics and "muh refugees" and shit.

I mean, I understand that he's trying to get a mix of cultures and break traditional norms in foods and recipes, but he can do that without throwing current day politics into the mix. His stance of using food as a melting pot of acceptance and a break of conservative norms will be lost by alienating the audience who might need the "anti-xenophobia" message the most.

That's the paradox of opinion, so it really doesn't matter what he says his opinion is.
People's perception will cater to their prejudice.

Show was good. Chang was ok, his one Asian friend dude would be insufferable to be around. Also, how is this guy just casually friends with so many comedians/actors?

This was supposed to be a joke, right?

>Also, how is this guy just casually friends with so many comedians/actors?

He probably has one of the most higher regarded/unique asian restaurants in New York City and his cook book (Momofoku) became really popular. He's basically a celebrity chef-lite tier.