Jordan B. Peterson is Inventing an AI to Detect Post-Modernist Professors

twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/929187145746542592

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-friday-edition-1.4396970/u-of-t-profs-alarmed-by-jordan-peterson-s-plan-to-target-classes-he-calls-indoctrination-cults-1.4396974
youtube.com/watch?v=nKL3MsKRtJo
youtube.com/watch?v=cXVDtICVwMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*sigh*

You ought to write for tabloids with your skills for making shitty unfounded titles

Kermit the Canuck is so intolerably egotistical and doesn't know what he's talking aboot

>for making shitty unfounded titles

Do Peterson shills suffer from some form of Schizophrenia?

About damn time!

Can someone explain what the fuck this guy thinks postmodernism means? Like, as if its some evil anti-discourse? How far has he strayed from something like Jameson?

>postmodern/Neomarxist

Cringe

cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-friday-edition-1.4396970/u-of-t-profs-alarmed-by-jordan-peterson-s-plan-to-target-classes-he-calls-indoctrination-cults-1.4396974

>Psychology professor Jordan Peterson's stated plan to build a website aimed at reducing enrolment in university classes he calls "indoctrination cults" has drawn the ire of his University of Toronto colleagues, who say it will make them the target of harassment.

>"As a science professor, I'm not specifically targeted, but I still believe this website is morally wrong," U of T physics professor A.W. Peet told As It Happens host Carol Off. "A number of students and faculty members who I'm in correspondence with are concerned about his plans."

>"We're going to start with a website in the next month and a half that will be designed to help students and parents identify post-modern content in courses so that they can avoid them," he told CTV's Your Morning in August.

>"I'm hoping that over about a five-year period a concerted effort could be made to knock the enrolment down in postmodern neo-Marxist cult classes by 75 per cent across the West. So our plan initially is to cut off the supply to the people that are running the indoctrination cults."

>cringe

Exactly
Can you believe there are actual and i mean actual plebs on this board who think that having read derida and foo-co in english somehow matters

his interpretation is basically that postmodernism teaches people truth (and therefore value) are constructed things only useful as tools of oppression, and thus postmodernism is the devil.

The problem isn't so much that what he's attacking doesn't exist in postmodernism, it's that he's strawmanning probably the single most fragmented philosophical discipline there is into a single extremely simple tenet.

He seems to be unable separate "X has postmodernist traits" from "all postmodernism is just X"

The idea that postmodernism can be avoided is laughable

Can one also avoid modernity by not visiting certain courses?

Peet was the fucking thought-control tranny who wanted to ban people from disrespecting skler pronouns in the first place

Fuck I'm so sick of this tranny bullshit

Not everyone is being born French dood

>but thats not (((my))) post modernism

Fuck off snowflake

I notice a lot of this guys projects are him just taking some small concept and turning it into some fancy website and then overcharging it. All the authoring programs are just a set of writing prompts, the understand myself is just a generic personality test that you have to pay for, and now this thing which nobody asked for and he'll also probably charge for.

yes
t. mystic

I thought this guy believed in Free speech

What is (((the))) postmodernism?

does anyone really think this system will be at all "reasonably precise" rather than a blanket catalog of vaguely left wing courses and professors?

He’s starting the same witchhunt the SJW crowd specializes in, only the other way around

Way to go, it’ll be fun to watch

Bunch of faggot pedo's tbqh
Vee oh la

Marxism = dialectic materialism narrative
Postmodernism = end of narratives, including Marxism

And the dissolution of truth and morality is a product of Nietzsche, not PoMo. Ergo, Peterson is a hack and should stick to scamming alt-little brainlets.

All going according to plan :)

youtube.com/watch?v=nKL3MsKRtJo

youtube.com/watch?v=cXVDtICVwMA

>it would be better if services were not online and all free
Luddite commie scum.

I don't know why it wouldn't be. I'd bet money on it just being a script that collects public or semi-public data and scans for his trigger words, which should be a pretty accurate way of assessing postmodernist material. Probably false negatives are going to be more common than false positives considering it's hard to tell if some random stats professor secretly jerks off to Derrida.

This. He's getting swallowed by the rules of their game. This could be the single most stupid thing he will ever do.

Good goy pays money to improve himself by giving (((them))) his personal diary

I'm a massive fan of Peterson but this website plan sounds kind of unhinged to me, like he wants revenge or something for all the stress caused to him. It seems very SJW to me, too.

It wouldn't be reasonably precise by any means so definitely harm.

>This could be the single most stupid thing he will ever do.

It's what ((they)) want to happen.

Hegelian Dialectic in action. The Jew is a master at this.

Peterson is what the alt-right claims Jews are: aggressively pushing his uneducated views down peoples’ throats for the sake of profits

Haha! So postmodernism is the work of the Jews and so is the professor trying to destroy postmodernism and champion Christianity? Sort yourself out, bucko! You're all out of whack.

I wonder why (((they))) continually present Christianity as a solution.

The Great War is coming and they will sit comfortably behind the shadows as you die for them.

>He’s starting the same witchhunt the SJW crowd specializes in, only the other way around
>Way to go, it’ll be fun to watch

About time
I've had enough of those miserable miscreants

Can you fuck off already? Your meme is so fucking played out.
>inb4 note a meme
>inb4 educate yourself
>in before "I wonder why (((((((they))))))) would X
Honestly, I preferred the fucking rabbit.

The phraseology is consistent within postmodern and neomarxist writing. I'm sure the results would give a gradated reading, not a black and white one.

"In the basement" is not "behind the shadows" you larping faggot neet.

>peterson thread
>/pol/tards derail it by refusing to actually discuss anything and making vague shitposts about (((leftists))) instead
every time

Mentally deficient individual.

No chance in hell it wouldn't be too rudimentary to be useful. And you shouldn't even need it, can't you tell yourself?

You can build yourself a better life, champ.

I could appreciate the simple good things in life if I was surrounded by my blood, my people and my family but the Jew has taken that from me and so I shall take from the Jew all he holds dear, no, I shall take from him the very existence that allows him to bear no fruit but to poison all that is well in the world.

Hear me now, Kike, and hear me well. You will be the first.

You mean one guy?

>All the pro-postmodernism faggots itt
Ugh. I hope none of you are white guys because you're on the wrong fucking side if you're against this opening measure that will hopefully lead to the purging of our academic institutions of these anti-white jewish ideologies.

>anti-semite
lol ew

Umm, sweetie, Peterson is using you

Why doesn't he just say post-structuralism or deconstructionism or critical theory

Disagreeing with something and cautioning others of it =/= calling for it to be banned.
This false equivalency will never stick no matter how many times you people try it.

Fake and gay.

>building an AI for identifying persons that willingly identify themselves
That's retarded.

>Disagreeing with something and cautioning others of it =/= calling for it to be banned.

But how is creating a computer algorithm that detects people and lists them on websites on the internet where they will be harassed any different to them being banned or silenced?

Are you Jewish by any chance?

because that's not a buzzword that activates the altright and altright-adjacent people
postmodernism on the other hand, especially when paired/equated with "cultural marxism", is a brand that attracts attention from the usual suspects

>harassed
Nowhere does he call for that
People should be able to see if their college course is postmodern garbage before they invest their time and money into it.
People (including faculty) are constantly calling for him to be fired, going so far as to fabricate "alt right" links, simply because he challenged the role of college as an indoctrination camp. I think he has every right to swing back.

>come up with scheme no one will pay for
>capitalism

I read your post, but I can't find any jokes or argument... Or anything really. You just described an aspect of capitalism and then said the word capitalism. So... Bravo, I guess?

Are you Jewish by any chance?

Thanks, I did not really aim for anything greater.

>Nowhere does he call for that
this is the level of thought petersonfags put into their stances
it's almost like the fact that you don't specifically call for something to be done with what you create doesn't mean it won't be used for that by your audience who have already shown themselves to be partial to such behavior

That's... stupid.
I learned a lot from Peterson and I still respect him a great deal, but damn can he not see the blatant hypocrisy here?

I see a lot of middle-aged people throwing the term "neo-Marxist" around in angry facebook comments. Seems like Peterson and Paul Joseph Watson are having their influence...

It'll be the precursor to the commie Terminator, where a cyborg will immediately measure the angle and length of everyone commie's nose to determine whether he deserves a gulag or the gas chamber immediately.

Postmodernism is just a rationalization for the elite to justify their hatred of society since they have high IQs (for creating obfuscating points) but are rightful paid shit. So postmodernism allows them to lie freely to accelerate society to a point of destruction where they may institute their utopia as dictated. Literally the Marxist version of Taqiyya

>Marxist
Do you believe that the elites are secret marxists?

Why not give students the opportunity to decide for themselves what to think or believe? It is condescending to believe that people can't make decisions or weight evidence or follow reasons. This is what ideologues hate. A free-thinking society. If "post-modern" thinkers are so evil, so illogical, then surely there is no danger. Why is he not in danger of being seduced, while the rest of us are? Is he so much wiser or more intelligent? It's ridiculous.

Oh great Peterson reveals his ignorance about things from post modernism to AI. Who would have thought

Post modernism is the new boogeyman of the right, it's sad. You can't fight post modernism because it's a name for a general movement. There's no group called "post modern" it's just the natural progression of western thought. While one may argue the merits of said intellectual movement, its not a secret cult with a malicious intent, it just is.

Postmodernism is an academic methodological ideology that is rightfully, and finally, being exposed for the sham it is.

the only sham is the thousands of dollars idiots pay into this dick's patreon every single months

How is it an ideology? Its a rejection of ideology if anything. What ideology does post-modernism have?

An ideology that's just that: an anti-ideology.

the underlying conviction that metanarratives are interchangeable and equivalent (without questioning one's own actual metanarattive that identifying, uprooting, and destroying any assertion is "progress")

Muslim post-modern anti-Truth communism? Do we through gays off the roof for expressing any type of sexuality?

should kill yourself or at least stop reading literature and philosophy if thats the case

Wouldn't be hard. Corporations and governments already do this for politically incorrect and subversive views.

>elite
>high IQs

>falling for the Peterson Jew

Never

> (You)
>An ideology that's just that: an anti-ideology.

That's doesn't make sense, if it's an anti-ideology then how is it an ideology. One thing cannot be the opposite of a thing and at the same time be that thing.

it's an ideology in the same sense that "nothing" is still "something"

>Psychology professor calls out leftists for being the anti western civilization, Last Man ideologues that they are.

>Professor opposes the profligate immorality that is being pushed every day in society.

>He says that people should take responsibility of their lives, and that people who do not succeed in this will ultimately suffer from their lack of discipline.

>Won't compromise with people who try to use the law to force him to acknowledge claims about biology that have no basis in reality.

>Is trying to offer a solution to people for the emptiness that is modern society.

>Gets called a dick by someone posting on a cambodian waterpolo forum.

remember when people said he wasn't a member of the alt-right

But the right is post-modernist as normal leftists(class, not gender types) claim now.

How's the NEET life? How do you still manage to donate to his Patreon without a job?

>baaugh don't insult my internet dad
>he taught me it's important to do chores and doesn't afraid of anything

more like
>say nothing original philosophically
>give stale age old advice
>be father figure for outcast 18 year old kids
>get tons of money
>continue said hackery for more money

>Won't compromise with people who try to use the law to force him to acknowledge claims about biology that have no basis in reality.

the law is targeted towards renters and employers, there hasn't been one person arrested or fined by c 16. Jordan Peterson is disingenuous hack for misrepresenting the situation as being "oh u didnt call me zer now im gonna call the police",

>Is trying to offer a solution to people for the emptiness that is modern society.

his advice is unoriginal practical self-help , nothing of note there.

>He says that people should take responsibility of their lives, and that people who do not succeed in this will ultimately suffer from their lack of discipline.

again, nothing new.

>Psychology professor calls out leftists for being the anti western civilization, Last Man ideologues that they are.

culture isn't static, why should I care anyway

Nothing is by definition the lack of something. Post modernism is a rejection of the idea of an ideology or truth. I think it's pointless to argue weather it's an ideology or not because I
We agree fundamentally what it is just not what to call it.

the lack of something is still something, just how 0 represents nothing but it stills represents what you have which is "something" and that's zero.

>Nothing is by definition the lack of something

>picturing how unsorted anti-peterson shills lives are

Has he named the jew? I don't think so. So not alt right.

>0 represents nothing but it stills represents what you have which is "something" and that's zero
Is this bait? It's hard to imagine there are people this retarded out there.

>using ad-homenim instead of proving me wrong
>*thinking emoji*

Is he really trying to link post-modernism and neomarxism shit that /pol/kiddies are always going on about

it brings in the money
can't decide if he really is brokebrained or just whoring himself out

And you plebs actually think you understand? Postmodernism and Marxism come from the same source and have the same goals. I don't know much of anything about Peterson but he's absolutely right to link the two, or at least not care much about distinguishing them. Quit your whining.

More good, maybe, but it's pretty easy to tell, anyway. Just look for the jargon, ie keywords the AI would parse for, or basically just read the course description or professor bio and look up all the words you don't know.

>say something so completely idiotic that a child would laugh at your stupidity
>get called a retard
>haha you didn't take time to explain why my inane mental diarrhea is wrong leftards btfo once again kek
Why do you, mentally challenged faggots, keep coming to this board?
>"having nothing" is like a positive linguistic description therefore nothingness can be positively define
Fucking kill yourself, cretin.

I think there are at least 3 or 4, unless it's one guy who's so committed he'll write in different ways to convince us there's several of them
These are exactly my thoughts and the fact that peterson has latched onto it too has reduced my opinion of him more than ever.
Do not debate with retards like that, once he said "nothing is something" you shouldn't have fed a (You)

Sure smells like /pol/ in here

>plebs
go away froggy