Thinking about my first rice cooker. Which one is the best ? And what should I notice when buying one ?

Thinking about my first rice cooker. Which one is the best ? And what should I notice when buying one ?

Other urls found in this thread:

kakaku.com/kaden/rice-cooker/ranking_2125/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>unitasker
no thanks

Hipsters have turned against it lately but I'll still gladly shill for Zojirushi

>buzzwords
Fuck off if you are just going to shit post.

I cook half my food in them. Quinoa, oats, rice, sweet potatoes, veggies, soup, tons of stuff. Timer function is great.
Have one for a decade, it's a workhorse.

If you want the nicer brands look at Zojirushi for Japanese and Cuckoo for Korean. I owned a Zojirushi before, it was a quality product and lasted a long time, while giving me no issues. I replaced it with a Cuckoo, because it had better build quality and better features than Zojirushi at the same price point. I am hopeful the Cuckoo will last as long and be as trouble free, but time will tell.

Shit it looks nice. Shame it's too pricey for me.

How much do you want to spend? A price range will help people give you suggestions.

I think like 100gbp max

I have a Buffalo and a tiny Zojirushi. They're built well and work fine.
>And what should I notice when buying one?
pick a nice color, it's going to stick around forever

That's why choosed Xiaomi rice cooker in the picture. Small gadget geek inside me want that one :D

i sure as shit i hope i don't find a fucking toaster in your kitchen you bitch

can you cook brown basmati in a rick cooker?

>it's going to stick around forever
You are not kidding. My last rice cooker (a Zojirushi) lasted 25 years before I had to replace it because the inner pot got scratched up, and the heating element was starting to act up.
If you buy a quality one, you'll have it for years and years.

Get one around $50. Don’t get the cheapest kind, they burn out in 6 months. Don’t spend more than $50-70 because you don’t get more for your money. I have been using the same one for over 4 years, and my wife is Chinese and cooks rice daily. She kept insisting on buying the $20 kind, and we went through three in a year. Finally I insisted we get a decent one and it’s worked fine ever since.

>Don’t get the cheapest kind, they burn out in 6 months.
I'd like to respectfully disagree, I got a pic related back in 2004-ish for maybe $15 and it's still doing a great job. It's not fancy at all but I've still done goofy shit like cooked cake mix and pasta in it, and it came with a steamer basket.

I got an aroma rice cooker for $30 from walmart and it's lasted me nearly 10 years

>Don’t spend more than $50-70 because you don’t get more for your money.
This is not exactly true, but it is very much true that when buying the more expensive options, unless you know exactly what you want and why you want it, you will be paying for things you don't need and will never use.
If you want to cook rice (and maybe other things like porridge, quinoa, or oats), then a $50-70 cooker will do that just as well as anything else you can buy.

I eat rice every day and there was a period in my life I had to cook rice in a pot. It was terrible.

>quinoa

I have a Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB and it's been stellar. Makes restaurant-quality rice every time as long as you follow the instructions.

I got a Zojirushi used on ebay for like $50 including shipping. The bowl is a tad scratched, but whatever they put on as non stick does not peel at all. I haven't put a scratch on the bowl since getting it, so I assume a monkey owned it before me. Throw water onto rice and it makes it perfect every time. I also do rice and chick peas often.

>don’t spend more than $50-70 because you don’t get more for your money

You can't get a fuzzy logic in that price range, dum dum.

kakaku.com/kaden/rice-cooker/ranking_2125/