My parents are going to be in NYC for a week and the gotta eat so can anybody recommend some restaurants...

My parents are going to be in NYC for a week and the gotta eat so can anybody recommend some restaurants? They're staying in Hell's Kitchen and knowing them they won't leave Manhattan or go north of 90th. Dad likes Italian but they eat anything

Other urls found in this thread:

plataformaonline.com
benitoone.com/benito/Welcome.html
thepalm.com/
ninjanewyork.com/
grubstreet.com/2015/04/underground-gourmet-on-raclette.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Check out the Underworld Bar; it's near the Ton Hotel.

I cant find anything about it

>they won't leave Manhattan or go north of 90th
theres nothing beyond there worth seeing anyway

If they are staying in a kitchen why do they need to go out to eat?

OP trust me on this, tell them to go to Becco

It's pretty much right there in Hell's Kitchen / theater district. If your dad likes Italian he'll love it OP. Tell them to order the Sinfonia di Pasta. It comes with a salad or antipasto to start followed by three different delicious pasta dishes. The pasta is served family style by Italian goombas who roam the restaurant floor and fill up your plate at your request. You can have any combination of the three, and they keep it coming til you say you're done.

um, that sounds like olive garden

eataly is right near there. even if they're not into cooking theres a few different small italian restaurants inside

I dont understand

Try typing it into to google numb nuts

Following.

BF has hip replacement surgery at HSS next month, going to spend a week in NYC doing nothing

I did

Tell them to go to ruddys bar on 8th Ave for cheap beers and free hotdogs

do you not eat food?

not in new york, thanks dipshit

that's not any better m8

if you aren't in NY then why are you asking about this?

Any other recommendations for resturants in Manhatten? I went once on a sporadic day trip and plan a more comprehensive trip next time

Because I'm gonna be you dumb mothafucka

Man Veeky Forums is dumber than i thought

Is this a serious question by a serious person?

>Because I'm gonna be you dumb mothafucka
probably should have said that in the first place

I was going to say he did, but he actually didn't. He said his parents were going to be there. Why did your story change, OP? Are you making all of this up? Why do you need info on New York restaurants?

(you)

Maybe try out the best Thai in Manhattan, Jaiya.
Go for the downtown one and you probably don't need reservations unless it's a big party though it does get crowded at peak times like on Friday and Saturday nights.
396 3rd Ave, bet 28th and 29th. West side of the avenue.

I've been to that place more times than I can count and it's good, some treacherous slut ex-GF turned me onto the one in Queens then we found the one in Manhattan was easier to get to and Queens one closed down.

www.jaiya.com

Ruby Tuesday at Times Square, you won't regret it

Churrascaria Plataforma
Brasilian rodizio style.
Do the midtown one which isn't far at all from the Hell's Kitchen area.
316 W 49th St
plataformaonline.com

You might as well send them to Red Lobster in Times Square.

fuck off idiot

Maybe Benito One in Little Italy for Italian.
I used to go to Benito Two a bunch of times which was right across from One.

benitoone.com/benito/Welcome.html

Mee noodles in the 50's its close by get dry not soup

For steaks and cool stuff Palm Too,
840 2nd Ave bet 44th and 45th streets.
If you go there, have them get Creme Brule as a dessert, they do it really well.

Ignore the clubby atmosphere thing or whatever some retard websites say about it. I never considered it clubby.

thepalm.com/

user tell them to ho here. You get served by Ninjas

ninjanewyork.com/

That's for hipster faggits, not for parents of some user on a holiday.

why would you think anyone over 30 would eat there?

Maybe some retard japs or euros riding around in tourist busses so they get paid to stop there. Same with any stupid celebrity joint.

Carmine's is my favourite restaurant in NYC. Family style Italian food. Best calamari

Just sayin' you should give the address and website or at least phone number of the places to these folk. I've never tried Carmine's myself and I love calamari.

For an interesting experience go to the clam bar in Grand Central. I always get fried or cooked stuff just because of it's location but the place itself is really awesome and will never be repeated.

Address: Grand Central 42nd st ask any taxi driver, avoid the niggers and go to the kiosk they'll give you specific directions.

... oh forgot to mention that their clam chowder is tops. So if you go there try that out and enjoy the place, it's pretty cool. I used to work right next to it and went there pretty often.

I would definitely hit that up but my father is a pussy about seafood that isn't flyover approved (shrimp or fish)

I'm not from NY but I went for new years and had Curry-Ya, Raclette, and Lam Zhou dumplings for every other meal

(am I too tourist?)

Xi'an Famous Foods for some amazing chinese.

Hourglass Tavern, small. cute, and quaint american cuisine.

Yum Yum Too, which is right next door to above, awesome Thai and cocktails.

Sangria 46 for pretty good tapas/Spaniard food.

Ippudo West for awesome buns, sake, ramen.

Kashkaval Garden for amazing Mediterranean.

The first three are all on 46th street between 8th and 9th. Ippudo West is on 51st, and Kashkaval Gardens is between 55th and 56th on 9th Ave. So all in Hell's Kitchen.

Oh and iI've never been to this particular one, (only the one in Harlem and Queens), but there's a Pio Pio on 10th Ave between 43rd and 44th. Great Peruvian.

Seconding ippudo, either location.
Cafe china is great sichuan, has a Michelin star, and won't break the bank
Seriously though there's good food everywhere in NYC, just do a little bit of research and you'll find too many spots to eat at

>unidentifiable sauce or cheese running off the side of the plate and onto the table

I was completely shitfaced during my entire stay in NYC, but I do remember going to a fantastic bbq place in Brooklyn.

that person mentioned Raclette which is a meme cheese

>google Raclette
>find this
grubstreet.com/2015/04/underground-gourmet-on-raclette.html

I'm annoyed now.

Ippudo is over hyped and not worth the wait time. Ramen Zundo-ya is literally around the corner and has equally good ramen.

Balthazar in Soho if you want to go to a touristy but still decent french place. DomoDomo has a $40-$50 set meal that's worthwhile. If you want the best fried chicken in the city, definitely go to Root & Bone.

do americans really

Raclette is Swiss.

But, yes, Americans really.

We had a thread like two days ago talking about how raclette has never taken of in America, dum dum.

>tfw i have a life outside of Veeky Forums
Jk I don't, I must have missed the thread.