Reading Group: "Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism" by V.I. Lenin

Discord link: discord.gg/aFsEFfF
Reading: marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1916/imp-hsc/

Are you apprehensive at global politics having recently taken a turn towards the sinister?

Have you found yourself struggling with political apathy, caught between a puritanically scrupulous left and a plainly fascistic right?

Have you lost your faith in the free market? Do you tire of corporations like Google and Facebook entrenching themselves in our already fraying social fabric? Do you resent their turning the human being into a commodity, to be bought and sold by idle speculators?

Our Discord is hosting CRITICAL, NON-DOGMATIC readings of some key Marxist and post-Marxist texts, starting with "Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism" by V.I. Lenin, a particularly accessible text for those unfamiliar with other Marxist writing, and relatively short. This work, written in the early 20th century, concerns itself with describing the then-latest stage of capitalism: Monopoly. Lenin explains in detail how the concentration of the means of production by a few monopolists is an inevitable consequence of free competition, with reference to real examples from major capitalist economies, and how the domination of production by these monopolies effectively removes many spheres of economic life from public competition, transforming capitalism into a form of imperialism.

All are welcome to read and discuss, regardless of experience level or political leaning, and there is no strict schedule or commitment necessary. All we ask is that you engage with the text in good faith and put your best foot forward in the discussions.

Don't join this discord it's full of antisemites, angry incels and rape apologists

bump

Last time I joined a discord they made fun of me for not reading the entire western canon and banned me.

These are the same faggots I bet.

You're thinking of a different group.

Benis

I, personally, as a radical centrist, can attest to the intellectual bounties sowed by this CRITICAL, NON-DOGMATIC server

last time i joined a discord someone was talking about tool or a perfect circle and i said they were shit, and i was banned.

This is actually a primo book, but why can't we just discuss it in the thread instead of having to make accounts and whatnot?

Nabokov's brief takedowns of Lenin are amusing tbqh
The man was such a brainlet

Pretty hard to discuss things on Veeky Forums since it's not live and there are shitposting/anonymity problems - but we'd be down to talk about it here, if you want!

Le bump

this

Lol I bet a fucking teenager wrote that shit

Live a fucking life and then come whining with your delusions

QQ more nazi

Epic

Go role play on your server a bit more, show off to your friends how much of a ""struggle"" your ""working class"" ""life"" is

Hammering the scarequote key while tears stream down your bitch ass face lmao. FOH fashy scum.

Mmm I love the smell of pussy in the morning. Keep me posted.

Maybe deodorize

Slow down baby, let's not skip the foreplay

advertise elsewhere, nibba