Are ramen noodles healthy? I feel like an idiot asking this question...

Are ramen noodles healthy? I feel like an idiot asking this question, but I keep seeing shit about people saying how unhealthy it is and how it 'fucks up your body', so I was curious about your guys input.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momofuku_Ando
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its the Salt content thats the main issue

Instant ramen isn't doing anything good for you if that's what you mean. I mean it has food calories you need to survive, but nutritionally it doesn't really have anything. Also it has way more salt than a reasonable person should be consuming on a daily basis.

What's your favorite ramen, boys? For me it's Maruchan beef, fantastic with a healthy mound of red pepper flakes

They're deep-fried noodles, so you do the math. Sodium's the biggest kicker with instant ramen though.

I like maruchan, namely chicken, oriental, and chili though the lattermost is hard to find around here. Picante chicken and roast beef are also good.

But yeah OP, the salt content is really high, so I wouldnt eat it every day. Its a late night snack for when youre too tired/drunk/high too make anything else.

you tell me

If you don't have high blood pressure as is already the sodium content is beyond meaningless. High in fat which will force you to limit consumption instead of empty carbs. Sure it's a nutrtional wasteland of nothing outside of that but it's not "bad" for you(which depends wildly on your body type, sex, physical activity, and about 100 other things)

It's a decidedly neutral food for the average person to eat

Msg and lots of it. LOTS

Explain how slapping a sodium atom to this dietary supplement millions of people take makes it terrible, because that's exactly what msg is

>what is chemistry?

msg isn't bad for you

if you eat it by itself, it barely has nutritional value. you can add ingredients to it (vegetables, eggs, chicken or seafood, etc) and drain the broth or use less soup mix to make it a bit more healthy.

No, but 20 cents at kroger can't be beat either.

Instant noodle's father lived until 96 years old
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momofuku_Ando

By this logic there really shouldn't be a notable difference between a glass of water and a glass of water with an extra oxygen atom added to the molecules.

Fair enough but the glutamate isn't digested or treated any differently by your body when the sodium atom is attached

the difference between covalent and ionic bonds is quite a lot, my dear chemically inept friend.

>msg is bad
Show me a scientific article and not a "pop wisdom" garbage article.

Its salt and empty wheat carbs. The carbs will give you some quick energy but thats it.

I dont feel like explaining right now

Use the noodles, toss the broth packet and mix them with something else

You should be ok.

For me it’s Arashi Ramen’s miso ramen, the best ramen.

Sorta. One ramen pack contains about ~1600 mg of sodium. If you eat everything. If you don't use the flavor packets, the sodium content is cut down by quite a bit too. When you drain the ramen, you remove a good portion of sodium. So all in all, you can still eat two ramen a day and it would be well within daily sodium limits, if you dont use the packet flavors and drain the liquid/soup.

>processed carbs
>packages of MSG and sodium-filled junk

In essence, no. It's basically junk-food.

You're still eating noodles that were deep fried in palm oil though.

Isn't MSG a natural part of some foods?