Do you feel guilt over eating animals...

Do you feel guilt over eating animals? Try thinking about the total number of animals that died to feed you over your life. Hundreds died to feed you.

I tried thinking about this, and I couldn't really feel any guilt at all. Is this a normal thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

you
youtube.com/watch?v=MrRqi8-Y8ak
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We are omnivores. There is no way of denying it. Our ancestors consumed both plant and animal- based food, so do we. Thinking about animals who died to feed you is same as thinking about the plants who died, which FYI are alive as well.

Life feeds on life, that feeds on motherfucking life.

I always felt like the food chain was a bit luck of the draw. Some cow is going to be put to death to feed our people. Some cow is going to be petted and loved and kept. I could end up bear food someday. Who knows. The cosmic ballet goes on.

No, I celebrate that thousands of animals got to be born and experience the wonder of existence because they're tasty to me.
Animals that aren't cute or tasty get wiped out regularly and nobody gives a fuck (I'm looking at you, Northern White Rhino).

I very rarely eat meat and it's from a small farm my mother knows the owners personally and you order 6 months in advance and the cows/chickens are raised "for you" so it's as environmentally ethical as it gets. If you buy the cheapest packaged meat in your local supermarket you should probably feel bad for it.

i've killed and skinned my own meat. the most annoying part of the process is cleaning out the innards. but i don't feel guilt over it.

I've killed and skinned dear, then eaten it. I am man, it is an animal there for me to sustain myself.

No. If eating animals was an immoral act than carnivores would all be evil. And thats simply not the case

>is this a normal thing?

Well yes, and no. I’m not going to stop eating meat, and I don’t agree with everything, but if this doesn’t make you stop and take a gut check then you’re fooling yourself

you
tu.be/E7JE8j5Ncmw

Sure, it sucks animals die to feed us. But guess what? The death they endure is absolute mercy and bliss compared to getting their asshole ripped out and eaten alive.

Sometimes. I wont stop eating meat though, but I have found that as I get older animal welfare becomes more of an issue for me. As a result I sometimes dont eat meat with dinner.

Yeah I do feel bad about it. I don't think eating meat is wrong in a general sense, but on a personal level I do have a problem with knowing that an innocent animal had to die for me to eat it when I don't really need to.

only hundreds? 10s of thousands more like it
think about every time you have chicken wings, best case scenario only 4 wings max came from the same animal
or worse yet shrimp where basically every bite you take is a different organism

I've slaughtered animals and skinned game that I've hunted since I was a child.

First time my dad had me do it, I remember crying, but my dad made me do it; it was a hare. Slitting a pigs throat sucked the first couple times, it was mostly just the squealing of the other pigs that was disturbing. Chickens, fish and cows, never bothered me.

There is something very satisfying about pulling a hide off an animal you just skinned.

I don't feel bad about eating animals and I'm dying to eat horse. For the record, fuck horses, they're snide motherfuckers, but I can't find horse meat to save my goddamn life.

yes, it's. What do you expect more?

I can't really say if it's normal to not feel even the least bit sorry over it. Humans are the ultimate apex predators so it's in our instincts to eat other animals. But somewhat paradoxically it's our intelligence that makes us apex predators, so we should be able to override our basic instincts to some degree.

I recently tried jack fruit, it looks just like meat fibers inside when cut but has a texture akin to a mushroom that takes more strength to bite through and chew. It was pretty flavorless so I put it in spaghetti sauce but have seen recipes for copycat crispy kfc jackfruit poppers.

Isn’t that the shit some people use to make like vegan Bbq pulled pork

Yes, yes it is

I'm vegan

No. I only eat rabbit, deer, chamois, tahr and waterfowl that have been trapped/shot by myself or people I know. They're all invasive species where I live so every kill helps to save the ecosystem.

no.
though humans can subsist on a vegetarian or vegan diet, it is usually quite difficult or expensive for a majority of the world.
animals are already raised to be used for food-purposes, and cuts and parts that are not eaten go to waste. if anything, more parts of the animal should see use (other than animal feed) as opposed to just the most desirable cuts.
meat is delicious.

Yeah it does, but they taste good so whatever.

No, I would never eat an animal or anything that came from one.

No guilt at all. It's been done for millennia.

You are factually incorrect, and your proof is nonexistant.

Look up Cleve Backster, faggot.

>Do you feel any guilt
None whatsoever
>Hundreds of animals died to feed you
Nigga, my dad made a massive barbecue every weekend and dinner wasn't dinner unless 70% of the plate was meat
I ate thousands of animals before I turned 7
>Is there something wrong with me
Quite the contrary, why would you feel empathy for a cow?

>makes statement
>gets called out for proof
>instead of providing anyproof cries "proove it for me"

kek you get today's idiot award

My stomach is a graveyard, Opie.
We would be on their plates if they were smart enough to think long term millions of years ago. A human lifespan is a blink of an eye in the poor evolutionary status of my dinner.

>literally incapable of even being guided toward the truth
What exactly are you asking for? Me to copy and paste the research?

>literally
do you even know what that word means son?

Go buy and read Primary Perception: Biocommunication with Plants, Living Foods, and Human Cells.

I don't think you know what it means.

you're literally a faggot

>makes statement
>gets called out
>instead of providing a definition cries "NO U"

Why would i, if even cute toucans like eating other animals? It's part of life.

still waiting on your proof btw.
Oh, but you don't have any do you? because there isn't any.
Literally.
Eat whatever you want inbetween sucking bbc, but don't pretend you know what the one true human diet is dumbass.

>literally has no idea what he is even arguing
Primary Perception has conclusive evidence that plants are alive.

>implying that is relevant to "hurr durr humas are meant to eat meat because the mcdonalds ad says so"

>implying I eat meat

Yes, I tried lying to myself but eventually I came to realize that eating animals is wrong and the industry set up around the production of meat is cruel. Been vegetarian for 3 years now and it's the best decision I've ever made. I thought it would be difficult to adapt but after about two weeks it becomes easy and it was surprisingly easy to find vegetarian meals/recipes and vegetarian options at any restaurant.

Life does eat life faggot. You’re wrong.

I'm pesceterian 99% of the time. I'll occasionally make an exception for wild game. I won't eat any farmed animals.

Treating living, feeling creatures just like another item for mass-production does feel wrong. But not wrong enough to make me actually stop eating meat. The bigger tension I find is the nagging thought that maybe the reason I don't feel bad about it is because my brain is too simple or undeveloped to correctly register the complex and deep emotions that vegetarians/vegans must have.

This, except I also make an exception for farms I'm personally familiar with. Friend of the family raises free range grass-fed bulls and sheep, and I get a lot of meat from him every so often. Cousin has free range chickens, and I get eggs and occasionally meat from her. No other real exceptions. When neither has anything available as far as meat goes I switch back to eating fish and eggs.

The fact that humans can digest fat and meat and survive off it makes you wrong.

It’s normal. You should feel guilty for wasting animals, not for consuming them to live.

I feel guilty for how heartlessly we treat our domestic food. I'm raising a few chicks right now for egg production and built them a spacious house and pen so I'll feel good about my eggs from now on. Otoh, my COOP just got a batch of chicks in which had been left in the shipping truck w/o heat, food or water for 3 days so most died a terrible death and the ones remaining alive are in terrible shape. I'm tempted to contact PETA because those fuckers who are responsible should be stripped naked, lashed with a cat-o-nine-tails and pilloried in the public square.

Vegetarianism is a privilege of the modern world. Once we collapse from resource scarcity, we'll most likely revert to eating everything that moves, probably even the old and the very young.

I'm vegan but I ate meat until I was 20. I never felt especially bad about eating animals, and I still don't really, but the treatment on most farms is what really bothers me. I wouldn't mind eating meat/dairy from a free range farm where the animals are given good lives (I don't like meat or dairy though so)

Wow bro you're so cool

I work at a place that has jackfruit carnitas and its fucking vile

This, wasting any food is shitty.
It pains me to see how large corporations who are in the food business will waste world-hunger-ending amounts of food all in the name of legal issues.
Not wanting to serve people rotten food or making them sick goes without saying, but the sheer amount of still-useful still-safe food, especially meats (processed or cuts) that gets thrown out due to picky customers, over-estimation of daily customer expectancy, or hard-assed acqueiscance to the "Use By" datelabel is borderline satanic.
Also fuck those that can't inventory for shit. Had to throw away 3kg of mince-beef because someone had put it in a stupid spot under newer stuff the walk-in fridge and forgotten it there for nearly a month.

I myself don't go out of my way to buy meat, but if I see any kind if meatcuts (doesnt matter what animal) on sale because its nearing the use-by-date, I'll buy it and freeze it for a rainy day.

Fuck fish though. Oceans are fished out as it is. Hell, look at old paintings from the rennaissance of the nets of fisherman and see the sheer size and quality of the fish we don't have today.
Fuck humans in particular though, we're a frightful bunch but I can't oppose the facts of our human nature.
Survival by all means necessary, even if it means eating anything that sits still long enough, edible or not.

So is eating meat every day for every meal.

If human child meat was cheaper than beef and pork I would buy it for my dog.

I actually think it makes the meat more tender if the animal suffered unnecessarily before it's death. I never feel guilty, why would I? Who the hell cries themselves to sleep over eating a chicken or a pig? That's fucking sad.

hundreds? I'm well into the tens of thousands by now, I reckon. I was addicted to chicken wings for a while.
doesn't feel like anything much. I draw the line at sentience, chickens are dumb as rocks, cows idem, pigs are smart fuckers but a pig tried to eat me once so idgaf about them.

Not really. I do think that everyone should try hunting and preparing their own meat at least once in their life so they bridge the disconnect that we get from just picking some up at the store.
Except game birds, spend enough time around pheasants and you'll want to shoot them for fun.
Fuckin nigger-chickens.

I didn't and I'm a vegetarian. Ain't nothing wrong playing your biological role.

Of course not. Humans are omnivores. We need meat and vegetables.

fucking this
pheasants and turkeys are almost as bad as pigeons

I don't feel guilt over a lot of things especially about killing a fucking animal that is meant to be butchered and eaten. Grow some balls faggot.

Well, sort of. I always give thanks when I eat meat even though Im not religious at all; a thank you to the animal and whatever forces that keep me alive.

I love animals, but also know theres a food chain, meaning the animals I eat wouldn't hesitate to eat me if if they could. Its normal to disassociate- or more accurately- never associate personality with your food.

Eating doesnt bother me then. I dont particularly care for handling meat because I understand something had to die.

However I come from the point of view that our food animals necessarily need to be respected, at least for why we need them if not for the animals sake. There has to be some respect and humility for our food animals, because without it, we devolve into animals ourselves.

And thats what bothers me. Not the meat or the slaughter, but that we dont respect our food animals any more. Our distribution of meat has alienated ourselves from it so that we feel no investment in ranched or hunted animals. We do nothing to earn it. When you dont earn something, you dont appreciate it.

So I am fine with eating meat. But I do have a big problem with CAFOs and the way we treat the animals when they are alive. I have no patience for morons who brag to vegetarians about simply eating meat as though they were some part of it, busted their ass to raise a calf or went out on a dangerous hunt where something was actually at stake.

A documentary I like on the subject that is fair, and talks with ethical ranchers.

youtube.com/watch?v=MrRqi8-Y8ak

I eat meat and all kinds of animal products, but I do feel the desire to minimize animal suffering. I just don't do much about it because it's overwhelming, you can't change what's happening in the world, and also I'm not crazy so I don't believe it's entirely natural to go vegan.

>All of these animals murderers justifying their disgusting lifestyle.
Bunch of psychopaths.

Nice LARP /pol/! Most of the posts demonstrate sympathy for humane methods of raising livestock.

All of those animals put together are not capable of what I can do and have done so I don't care at all, as long as they were dispatched swiftly

>Not eating popcorn shrimp to maximize your k/d ratio

I went veggie for 6 months once because ate some really bad Chinese ribs and it was so bad it put me off meat for half a year.

Then one day I was drunk as fuck watching footie with my dad and he cooked bacon.
That was it.
No more veggie.
I ate like 4 bacon sandwiches in a row.

I fucking love veggie food but I love animal carcass more.
Not a fan of seafood unless it's prawns or unhealthy breaded or fried fish.

yes, completely normal. humans are the apex predator and the top of the food chain.

Do you feel guilt over eating animals?
No.
>I tried thinking about this, and I couldn't really feel any guilt at all. Is this a normal thing?
Yes.

Maybe those dumb animals should learn how to put up a fight if they want to live so godamn bad.

I wish animals were humanely raised. Not so much because of the "because it's only right" bit. But because I hate that poor slobs like you cunts get to eat your tendies every day. If the price of meat reflected the amount of work put into it, you fucks would eat alot more beans and rice. Meat should be eaten on a special occasion by the poor. Not every fucking day in the form of a hot dog or tendies.

And you stupid fucks shouldn't even be allowed to own pets that consume meat. Mostly because of you fuck ups that mouth fuck your animals. If they don't serve a purpose then they shouldn't be around. At the very least they shouldn't be domesticated by the likes of anyone who lets a animal ride on your lap while your driving. Those pigs are the worst.

No. I fully agree that the meat industry is bad for the planet and we could treat livestock more humanely, but the idea that its wrong to eat meat in general is retarded. If you think eating an animal you hunted and killed yourself for example is wrong then you're an idiot.

>Do you feel guilt over eating animals?
No.

>Is this a normal thing?
Yes. Humans have been killing and eating animals since our species emerged.

I've known a couple of vegans who held this position. I can respect that. I'm mostly vegetarian due to a medical condition, but I did help a vegan friend prepare a chicken she had bought that she felt was raised ethically. Was fun.

locally sourced food is such a fad, i love Colorado grass fed free range beef yadda yadda yadda but it wont be around for ever, fad ends and people will go back to mass farm food

i wouldn't if it was niggers, their underfed and probably stringy. i would eat a nice fat American kid like a Koreans eats only one kind of dog

you'd fit in well with south china, they beat dogs to death before they eat them
every restaurant I've worked makes fun of vegans
did you feel sick at all or was it not long enough for that to happen?
lol

mass farmed food is bad for the environment

You are all gonna get kidney stones the size of golf balls

Do you feel guilt over eating vegetables? Try thinking about the total number of animals that died to feed you over your life. Millions died to feed you.

I tried thinking about this, and I couldn't really feel any guilt at all. Is this a normal thing?

I have thought of this.
And all I can feel is rage when I thin about it.
So many animals that will not meet their end, far, far too many will be spared to give me a small joy.
I wish I could kill more just to make this wrong in my world a right.

I am a sociopath. The only emotion I feel is anger.

Nah. I only feel guilt once or twice a year and I’ve never felt guilt for eating an an animal.

A psychopath would care to justify his apathy

I just want pandas to fuck off and die already.

vegetables don't feel pain

no but the animals that live amongst them and get combine harvested sure do

Depends on the animal. Many animal’s nervous systems aren’t complex enough to feel pain

I'd probably be vegan, but i fucking love brazillian meat buffets, and steak.

whats your point?

fish can't feel shit

Yes

Psychopath is an outdated term. Sociopath is preferred, and the point is that the term represents pathology of social behaviour. Animals aren't part of human society, so animal murder isn't a symptom of sociopathy.

You know what actually is sociopathic though? Thinking that 99% of the world's people are disgusting based on what they eat. That's textbook.

the weak should fear the strong

I dont feel any guilt either, OP. It's the natural order of things. Humans are currently at the top of the food chain. Does a lion feel guilty about eating a zebra? Maybe. But my guess is No

it genuinely puzzles me that "but feelings!" is an argument in any way. And then when you say you don't care for feels arguments, they try to shame you, not realizing the irony lmao. A choice between me, my money, cheap delicious meat or some dumb fucking animals is clear: slaughter them all

One thing I hate is when I see some vegan pussy complaining 'animal slavery and muh suffering' by typing into their iphone whilst wearing their favourite pair of nikes.