What is the most boring book you've ever read, and did you bring yourself to finish it?

What is the most boring book you've ever read, and did you bring yourself to finish it?

How dare you

bump

My diary desu. And no.

To the Lighthouse. Yes, it’s not very long.

this was definitely not boring, especially the entirety of Swann in Love. Talk about anxiety. The entire chapter I felt like I was Swann. Fuck Forcheville.

this

I was 17, seemed like a good idea at the time

Unironically, the Communist Manifesto. I forced myself to finish it.

I find snooty rich people who go to the opera very boring.

I loved the musical, and was going to read the book, but a friend told me it was unreadable shit.
Recently, The Magicians.
Absolutely horrible, I forced myself through 150 pages and it kept getting worse and worse.

The lighthouse, That was a beautiful book.

>at is the most boring book you've ever r
The Iliad, I can't do it. Even worse is the Aeneid. Ovid rules.

LotR is also really tough going.

Dune, it's jibberish.

Ulysses. No.

>The Iliad, I can't do it. Even worse is the Aeneid. Ovid rules.
how has Veeky Forums not told you to kill yourselves? please do.

Imagine being so mad about a book you shitpost multiple times because of it.

>The Iliad, I can't do it. Even worse is the Aeneid.

Seconded.

aight, Iiliad might have good bits but the Aenid is pure Nazi propaganda.

>I will face the bait
>I will permit the bait to pass over me and through me
>When the bait has gone, there will be nothing
>Only I will remain

please just die.

Pic unrelated, I presume?
Anyway, Dune Messiah. Gave up after ~100 pages.

Can you imagine

It's actually pretty good until Herod Agrippa dies, then it's like wading through treacle. I tried to finish it but it was just killing my enthusiasm for reading. A letdown compares to the first one.

"I am Pilgrim". God awful dammit, people told that this thing would reconcile me with not-hard-boiled noir. It's pathetic. Every single fucking second the characters keep mocking other's lack of "maturity" or "skill", or "will to live" and keep rambling about how tough they are, how everyting hurtssssssss, or how badly they want to smoke a cigarette. Like everyone else's romanticism or passion about stuff isn't valid compared to the police stories that inspired the author.

I know everybody needs escapism, and that the suspension of disbelief exists, but Terry what-his-face is just trying too hard. Needs some Linkin Park OST.

Pain is not like this.

nihilismSend Post.