Came in the mail today, time to turn my life around. What am I in for lads?

Came in the mail today, time to turn my life around. What am I in for lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4gvlOxpKKIgR4OyOt31isknkVH2Kweq2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm reading it too

Good luck man, you're gonna need it

What was Hegel like in real life? I've read a lot online and I can't make out anything of his personality.

Mostly I'm asking this because I like context while reading philosophy. The personalities of people like Kant, Kierkegaard, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Wittgenstein and so on add a lot of color to their work - but I can't even imagine the kind of person that would write something like the Phenomenology of Spirit

cuck

I don't understand why Veeky Forums is against Hegel.

A beer-chugging drunk.

Veeky Forums is very pro-hegel, especially as of late

His peers at Tubinger described him as a "flaming sword" during oration

I've seen him being placed both as a turbo-chad and a wittgenstein-esque autist

Because reading an interminable and incomprehensible tome that can be summarised well by wikipedia only makes you look like a pseud and/or a cuck. Without forgetting that nowadays Hegel is rather off-brand and his posthumous importance has been largely downsized.

That's what he is.

He also celebrated his birthday with Goethe whom he shared it with. I imagine him as a cold collected wizard

>After the meal had ended and the guest departed, Goethe asked his daughter: “Now how did you like that man?” “Strange,” she replied, “I cannot tell whether he is brilliant or mad. He seems to me to be an unclear thinker.” Goethe smiled ironically. “Well, well, we just ate with the most famous of modern philosophers – Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel.”
– Ottilie von Goethe

>that can be summarised well by wikipedia
Oh really? Could you relay that summarization here?

forgot to reply

All of German philosophers were fucking unbearable. They never left the house except to make their way to the university, they were rude and snooty with students and they never loved anyone or anything.

>never read the book
>thinks they can determine whether the summary is accurate or not

yeah the only think I could make out is that he seems like a really hazy guy

I feel like if weed was popular back in the 19th century he would've never do anything besides hang around and blaze

basiert

What, you wanted them to tuck you in at night and give you a kiss on the forehead? What kind of brainlet criticism is this.

Would you fuck my ass?

TIL i'm a german philosopher

Not by chance I posted that on here

it's too dangerous to go alone take this
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4gvlOxpKKIgR4OyOt31isknkVH2Kweq2

source on that pic

>blocks your path

Fear and Trembling.

Career Girls is a 1997 British dramatic comedy film written and directed by Mike Leigh.

Took the words out of pretty much everyone who is intelligent's mouth.

Dank meme. I hope this is OC.

Post it.

Veeky Forums isn't pro-anything as besides a small percentage no one here probably reads much at all, I'd be surprised if more than 1% of this board that post here have read Hegel

How is this at all surprising to you, he's one of the most difficult philosophers to tackle. I'd be surprised if even 0.1% have read him in full (I wouldn't be included in this)

Both Hegel and Schopenhauer travelled a lot. This does apply to Kant though.

>210 videos
just read the analysis at the end

holy fuck

is this real love for philosophy

>I'd be surprised if even 0.1% have read him in full
I'd be suprised if anyone here read him in full

hes good but what the fuck is the point of most of the encyclopaedia

that looks like my friend's house in Kennington

biggest Veeky Forums meme I stg

A loss of some IQ-points.

>He seems to me to be an unclear thinker
Bitch was too right about this

Someone who makes the tediously dry prose of Aristotle look like the virile poetry of Virgil.

Jokes aside, Hegel purposefully wrote in an obscure style, as he makes clear in the introduction. It serves a specific purpose, so don't sweat it. You're meant to reflect and ponder on it – only then can you absorb it and make it your own.

Hegel was heavily influenced by the Neoplatonic Christian tradition, having considered Eriugena as the first modern philosopher. You should also know that Hegel was heavily influenced by the mystical protestantism of Jacob Boehme and considered himself a child of Goethe.

Likewise, keep in mind that Hegel started out as the assistant of Schelling.

Honesty he is the epitome of "if you arent a liberal in your 20s you have no heart, if you arent a conservative in your 40s you have no brain". Also he was a late intellectual bloomer compared to his roommates.

pedo confirmed

>They never left the house except to make their way to the university
Schopenhauer was a merchant before he became a philosopher.

>YOUR FEEWINGS ARE IMPORTANT~!

Their you go.