Has anyone here ever been to a food and wine festival, if so how was it?

Has anyone here ever been to a food and wine festival, if so how was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=azcj749wMIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

underwhelming and gay but I'm not really a people person

It's boring bullshit. It's the kind of thing you bring a wife or GF to and let her lead the way because I don't want to be there, but I'm with her. That's that.

Went to a wine festival once, it was okay. Thought I was going to get back with this girl I used to date, but she was sucking 4 dicks by that time.

In York we have a festival where food trucks and brewers from all over PA come and sell food and beer. It's really fun anf stuff from food trucks is a lot better than you would expect.

I went to one, got drunk, and fucked a tranny (now my gf). It was great.

If you want a proper food and wine festival check out this one in NYC. It's crowded with stupid toursts, like disney land now, but Figli di San Gennaro.

It used to be fun.

a food truck and craft beer festival is my idea of a living hell. not so much the products but the sort of people attemding it.

People standing in line for a food truck?
That's lame.

It's not as bad as you think. The festival being outside requires walking a lot and standing in lines. Both things that keep fat slobs away.

too many queers

They are fun, but it's easy to end up spending a lot of money

So it's the new version of carnies?

two and two do make four

I drunkenly convinced the australian stand that the new zealand stand was talking shit and vice versa and got a bunch of free wine.

I think that's quite the opposite from you said. Big fat motherfuckers love to stand in line for some free shit, so it likely attracts niggers.

I just have no reason to do that unless I'm with a girlfriend and then what are we gonna see? Something that we've already seen before.

Check one of the chili festivals sometime, it's total bullshit.

Went to the one at Epcot. It was overpriced and crowded

What the fuck did you expect from disney?

Knowing what disney is, what did you expect?

But none of the stuff is free. You buy a pass for the beer and you pay for whatever food you want.

everything in york is shit enjoy getting shot

That's not true. We've got some really good resturants. Aside from that yes a lot of it is shit. Evry city in america has shitty parts.

>york
>city
you're just a shitty gang town

There are all sorts of events, retard. The best ones are the ones where the food and alcohol is all included, but those are typically expensive and somewhat exclusive.

I went to a smallish meetup of food trucks recently. It got out of the house for a couple hours but there weren't very many trucks.
Also, maybe I just don't get the concept but I was surprised by the portion sizes; they all sold full meals so after trying something from two trucks I was stuffed. Wouldn't it be better for an event like this to offer small portions so people could try something from multiple vendors?
I don't know.
I'd love to go to one of the huge festivals I always see in photos where you can walk around all day but this country is too small for that I think.

If shit town like Salisbury gets to be called a city then so does York. Regardless I like it here. I'm from the middle of fucking nowhere eastern shore Maryland. So it's a nice change of scenery.

But I'm talking about the event I mentioned earlier dumbass. Try to keep up. No one said every event is like the one I'm talking about. All I said is the one I went to wasn't that bad.

So it's a special event for special people such as you? I guess you need it.

Have you Brits ever realized that except for English that you really suck?

Yeah, I must be from West Virginia.

Only fun if you’re rich. The food is expensive so if you want to really try a variety of things you have to spend out the wazoo

Keep telling that to yourself and you'll start believing it, kind of like niggers are capable of doing anything useful.

>read back through the replies even though the post in question didn't make reference to a specific event
>it's literally never mentioned that your specific event had the liquor included and the food you had to pay for

I think you might be retarded.

What the fuck are you on about, you pumped out a lot of kids and can't afford them, so oh well only the rich people can go there?

Dumb ass nigger, do you feel oppressed?

Reading comprehension Jamal. I mentioned a specific event in my first post, then someone mentioned that free shit attracts fatties. Next I said that none of the stuff was free. Now try to keep up, we use our context clues to assume that I was talking about the event from my previous post. If you need another lesson I suggest you stop browsing Veeky Forums and get back to your GED classes.

>not buying someone in the industry's food and wine convention pass and drinking and eating like a god for 8 hours for 3 days until you puke/piss yourself/security realizes your name isn't Zhang

Haven't been in a while though I hear most conventions have cut back on the copious amounts of free alcohol.

What the fuck, so you literally thought it was an event where they just gave out free food?

>because giving out free booze is far more normal

It's included in the ticket price, dum dum.

God damn I fucking hate you LIGGERS

Giving out free booze with ticket purchase IS far more normal, have you even been to any of these festivals? And the food trucks wouldn't agree to a blanket "free food" clause anyhow because there'd be hardly any way to regulate it and profit margins would be absolutely fucked

>because giving out free booze is far more normal
Usually at these events, since the food trucks don't sell beer yes this is the norm. Or, if that's not it then usually a pass will entitle you to a certain number of beers.

>giving out booze is more normal
>because food costs more than alcohol

Okay, now you're just straight up baiting.

>these events

You're thinking specifically of beer festivals, where the food trucks are just there as a secondary thing to the beer (or wine, or whiskey, etc.).

Well the drunk munchies and loose wallet would cause you to spend a lot anyway.

What company doesn't do that for you if going to some convention? Personally I avoid that, I really do, there's nothing appealing about that to me.

I was 16 at the time so I couldn't drink and lines for food were super long, it was also hot.

But with friends, now that I'm older, I'd be down to go

Yeah to each our own, that's the fun.

>You're thinking specifically of beer festivals, where the food trucks are just there as a secondary thing to the beer
Actualy I was thinking of food festivals, which happen all the time over here in New Orleans.
Giving out booze is normal because, once again, the food trucks can't sell beer so it's usually the event coordinators that set up a large beer stall. And they don't give it out, don't be retarded. Like I sad they either give you free shitty beer, or a few beer tickets based on how much you paid to enter the event. And once again, the individual food truck owners are also there to make a profit. If they gave you tickets for food, then everyone would be trying to make the cheapest food for the relative ticket price, nobody would make standout food. By charging for the food themselves the trucks can actually regulate how much they make on the food. I can't believe I have to explain this in such detail, seriously have you ever been to any festival like this before?

I tell my friends to show up wearing a suit and talk on their cellphone and walk by security because they really don't care.

1oz cups of wine and half hour long lines for $8 meat on a stick

You're just mad because I steal all of your clients when I'm just drunk and not even selling anything.

Sometimes in so called events if get caught with stuff you have to pretend to get rid of it, which means pretend to dump it in a dumpster and then you get it in, go to the same person who caught you in the first place.

They'll let you right in.

If you're with a cute chick then getting in is easy, especially if it's just water bottles and shit. They have to show a little due dilligance.

I went to a PBS food festival that was a themed contest. Ex girlfriend got discounted tickets through her work. Really was a lot of fun. Going around to different stalls and trying out all the different restaurants. Downsides were long lines and it was a super hot day.

PBS food festival = you're a fucking nigger or a clinton supporter or both.

PBS seriously??

What does the Public Broadcasting Service have to do with Clinton?

It's not direct, it's indirect and if you don't realize that everything that PBS does has some agenda going on hates Trump and tried to forward Clinton then you're a daft asshole.

Seriously everything that PBS produces is pushing some agenda.

They're pathetic.

>Some people at PBS have opinions
Ok.

There's nothing "public" about PBS when it only serves there own agenda.

>seriously have you ever been to any festival like this before?

Yes. What you're describing is a beer festival. At a food festival you typically pay an entrance fee and can eat all you want, but have to pay for alcohol most of the time. The food vendors go to the festival to showcase their restaurants, and only give small plates, so they don't lose money because it's advertising, and often supporting some kind of a cause.

I don't care if they have opinions but calling it "PUBLIC BROADCASTING SERVICE" is going a bit far.
They don't serve the public, they serve their own agenda.

>replying to /pol/ fags

Dude, they're fucking brainwashed.

>there own agenda.

What the fuck does this have to do with /pol you twat? Nobody brought that up except for you.

Should it be "their?"
When I'm writing quick I can get them wrong.

Yes.

>Yes. What you're describing is a beer festival. At a food festival you typically pay an entrance fee and can eat all you want, but have to pay for alcohol most of the time
That isn't true here in New Orleans whatsoever, every food festival either has a notable entrance fee and includes alcohol, or has no entrance fee and you pay for everything. Also a charity event is much different from a festival where they're just trying to sell food.
>they don't lose money because it's advertising
Very few food truck owners think this when you're one of many food trucks. Every single festival I've seen around here sells their own wares. One time at the poboy festival they had 3-inch sandwich coupons, and that ended up being a disaster because people priced their foods differently.

Are you folk in New Orleans allowed to walk around with open container and stuff?

The first time I could do that I was on Beale Street in Memphis. That's fun too.

Why do you keep talking about food trucks if you're talking about food festivals? Food trucks show up at places like tap rooms and concerts. On a normal day food trucks already congregate, so there's no point in having a food truck festival.

>Why do you keep talking about food trucks if you're talking about food festivals?
We have food festivals here where a bunch of food trucks come and park in a large field, for example.
>On a normal day food trucks already congregate
Besides at one of these festivals I've never seen more than 2 food trucks near one another.
Yup, I do it all the time.

Fuck off Hillary shill

Why do you think we went out and conquered half the known world at one point? We were in search of a good meal.

hahaha you crazy freak!

I can deal with that spices for that meal.

Silver and gold
Nothing's so precious as
Silver and gold

youtube.com/watch?v=azcj749wMIU
Burl Ives - Silver & Gold

I prefer a nice flea market.

>so it likely attracts niggers.
come one now that wasn't necessary

Ate food. Drank wine. Tasted samples. Bought a few things. Overall, had a pleasant weekend.

/pol/fag triggered

No, triggerd you were.
Nigger word this user can't deal with.