Favorite audiobooks? What book would you like to have read to you and by who?

Favorite audiobooks? What book would you like to have read to you and by who?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RG3RsNW_k3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eva Green,
either pic related or The Witching Hour.

Why must women torture men like this? Imagine, for a moment, your beautiful wife comes home with a book by your favorite Russian author. Before, you had been convinced that, while pretty, her taste in literature must have been third rate, or at least very poor. A man revels in this kind of asymmetry; it assures him of his superiority over others. Then, out of the blue, he sees the love of his life holding the (other) love of his life, and, while the asymmetry is broken, at once his heart is lifted. Then, he looks at the title. Oh no. She picked up the worst book in the entire oeuvre of this author. Let us be serious with ourselves- Lolita is Nabokov's best work. His other novels are fine, but none match up to the mastery that is Lolita. My God, it has everything! Poetry, prose, romance, adventure, style, pedophilia, prose-- everything a man could want in a novel is there. Pale Fire? Are you kidding?

> Lolita>Pale Fire
plebbed out for life

>audiobooks

>Lolita is Nabokov's best work.
It's Ada hands down you pleb

The Irish-accent recording is the way to fully appreciate Dubliners.

Are there people who actually think that they're fully understanding books on tape as much as they would be reading it?

I come from a good family and have been exposed to books my entire life, I don't need to read (or listen) for any purpose higher than sheer amusement.

Me too. Reading for validation or for a passing grade is basically the same as having to ask permission to use the bathroom. But some people need that in their life, the way most people need to work to live.

I don't see why you wouldn't unless you have a learning disability

Reading pace ebbs and flows and stops when you stop. Audiobooks read at a steady pace whether you need time to think about a sentence or not, and don't stop for you if your attention shifts or dwindles. You can't re-read sentences, you can't cross-compare pages, you can't take your time on dense passages. Even if you go through the hassle of pausing and skipping around the audio file, the narrator will still read at an even pace.

Why does she look anime?

Moby-Dick read by Orson Welles

youtu.be/RG3RsNW_k3A

The BBC broadcasts of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy are excellent, I am currently waiting to rent part 4 from my library when the other 4ish assholes actually decide to listen to and return it.

I'd like Audrey Hepburn to read me Winnie the Pooh right before she joins me in bed.

I listen to audiobooks while working. So far listened to Harry Potter, Ten Little Niggers, Don Quixote, KJV Bible, Ulysses, Finnegans Wake, Hamlet, Macbeth, King Lear, Lolita, Four Quartets, and Adam Bede.

I tried audio books when I worked a silly job one summer and quickly grew tired of rewinding. Went to podcasts and newshows instead.

Well put.

You can't quickly think between multiple ideas? While you're thinking of the current sentence just think about the previous, back and forth rapidly.

why don't you just download it

same here. i drive around a lot for my job. my audiobook count is nearing my physical book count

This. Good luck retaining anything past surface-level shit if you're listening while working or driving. Fucking plebe way to take in a book.