I wanted to get some opinions on my writing style

I wanted to get some opinions on my writing style.

I enjoy very direct writing with splashes of creativity, but with as much bullshit cut from it was possible.

helicalhackle.com/2017/10/mri-burning-gospel.html

This is an article I wrote on my website about a month ago or so. There are no ads or other bullshit on my site, just want opinions.

Other urls found in this thread:

helicalhackle.com/2017/10/mri-burning-gospel.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not very good.

would you wanna elaborate though?

>-I really should have turned the edge all the way up and changed the background colour to black and the font styles to SQUIDWARD or whatever fucking font(s) that metal bands use.-
Oooooof

I don't understand?

You come off as if you're trying to mimic a person who writes for Vice or something.

is this good or bad

Its bad you fucking dunce

wow, that's rude man.

This whole "I'm a snarky young journalist and I try to wise crack even when no joke is called for or available" thing got boring eight years ago. Sorry we're hurting your feelings but you need to worry about writing with depth, clarity, and flourish before you start contributing to endlessly insipid snark of modern journalism

lol wut

actually man, i think the exact opposite of what you've said is what i'm going for. no need to think i've got hurt feelys tho

I'm sorry, did you come here to get opinions on your work or to get your fucking back patted? Not only do you write like a seventeen-year-old, you act like one too.
Sit up straight, write a good article before you start throwing in jokes, stop relying on "fuck"s and "shit"s to trick your reader into thinking you have anything captivating to say at all.

no tricks man, i enjoy the informal writing style. I'm not discrediting your opinion, i'm just not sure why you think I should be mad about it?

I feel like it is a decent article and I do value your input on a few subjects, but my use of swears isn't to trick, it's because I enjoy that speech pattern; something that could be seen as if you were talking to me directly.

my objective here is to find what is liked and not liked by multiple people. if everyone else shared the same opinions than I can look to adjust.

I’ll also add that it’s fucking embarrassing. Write with restrained style not like an ape.

ape smash.
also, i understand this is a try hard board, i'll leave hahahaha

It's awful. You must not be from this board, or you're a skilled baiter, either way this was entertaining

You should try next time you write and maybe it won't be juvenile garbage

>helicalhackle.com/2017/10/mri-burning-gospel.html

Pretty bad, man.

bad obviously.
Why would you want to come off as unoriginal?

/thread