Just bought one of these on sale. What am I in for? I never really believed in rice cookers...

Just bought one of these on sale. What am I in for? I never really believed in rice cookers, but I changed my mind after getting a used cheap one a few years ago. Loved it until it fell apart.

You're in for eating rice, it's not some magic life changing device.

>life changing device
Rice that turns out perfectly every time? Cheap? Easy? Sign me up. I love my rice cooker.

I've had the Neuro Fuzzy for close to 5 years now and it's in my top 3 food purchases of all time. Absolutely game changing. Just make sure that if you live with people or have people over they don't fuck with it and scratch it up or anything; it's super easy to clean and take care of, but also really easy to fuck up, and apparently replacement parts aren't cheap.

I have the same model, OP. Apparently you can leave rice on the "keep warm" setting for days at a time, although I've yet to try that.

It's definitely satisfying to put the rice in before bed and wake up to perfectly cooked rice for breakfast. The timer function is amazing.

Seconding this user. Be very careful while cleaning the pan and lid. They aren't dishwasher safe and can scratch easily. If you live with others, be sure they know this.

>Dated an Filipino girl who educated me in the arts of rice and its preparation
>Bought fancy OP rice cooker to make rice to equal the gods themselves
>Dump her because she turned out to be insane, as apparently most Flips are
>Start dating new Taiwanese girl
>She doesn't eat rice

I feel like all my training in was vain.

>cheap
>zojirushi
No.

>No.

Dude, these things are like $150. Get a fucking job.

Cheap is relative, turdnugget. AmazonBasics rice cookers are like 30-40$

And they're shit compared to a zojirushi.

Wow boy, you figure that all out yourself? Good job, sonny.

>buying lowest-bidder store brand appliances

Your rice cooker quality floor should be one-button popup model from a decent brand like Tiger. You're still looking at almost $100.

>30-40$

Learn the difference between a basic temperature controlled cheap rice cooker and a fuzzy logic. Your AmazonBasics will make rice about on par with a 12 year old's first time using a pot with a lid, whereas a decent Zoj with produce rice at the push of a button that it would take most people a decade training under Jiro to reproduce on the stove.

Stupid fucking weeb, it's a rice cooker. Rice goes in, water goes in, water is heated, rice is cooked. It's not a robot brain surgeon.

No shit, Satan. Point is Zojirushi or other muh honorabu Japanese technology (Tiger) isn't cheap in price or quality.

Zojirushi absolute fucking master race.
Feel fuckin sorry for poors who will never experience quality. Oh wait, I don't give a shit.

I feel like Zojirushi has become a meme with yuppies. Are Tiger and Cuckoo better these days?

Why are poorfags who never eat good rice so bitter? I mean, I love my Zojirushi, but can't possibly imagine being this mad about being unable to make a $170 investment and eat like a king.

>Learn the difference between a basic temperature controlled cheap rice cooker and a fuzzy logic

I had a basic electric Panasonic cooker for years. It was great.

Cheap rice cookers don't use fuzzy logic like zojirushis do, at least the ones worthwhile

And I'm sure there was a ton of diy shit you could use it for that more expensive rice cookers aren't able to do, but cooking high quality rice isn't one of them.

>ricecucks having to defend their $400 counter ornament this hard
>not willing to admit a pot and a hotplate will do the same thing if you're not a drooling retard

>poor people this resentful and cripplingly envious of others for having a good rice cooker

>i didn't read the thread but i'm totally trolling /seekay/ right now!

(You)

I wouldn't go that far. But fuzzy logic systems make damn good rice. Because it can adjust time, temp, and if you have a higher end model, pressure, based on the feedback from its' sensors, you get the optimum result each time every time.

Piss off shill. Every little thing you say is shill worthy and it's same with every thread from assholes these days. Howard Stern made that popular by calling it out as conversational advertising.

>Are Tiger and Cuckoo better these days?
>Cuckoo
Can't speak for Tiger, but when I needed to replace my 25yo Zojirushi last year, I bought a Cuckoo. Looked at the Zojirushi in the same price range and the Cuckoo looked and felt like a higher quality product. So far it has done an excellent job at making rice. I'd say they are definitely worth looking at before you buy.

... Maybe it Opie and Anthony calling it out for what it is, either way it's the same. So many of these threads here are advertising in one way or another.

Ghee wizz, the proper advertising answer would be... what would be that magic rice cooker that doesn't fall apart?

So anti-advertising?

>So many of these threads here are advertising in one way or another.
Someone makes a thread about something they like/use
>muh shills
>muh advertising
Fuck off imbecile

>the vast majority of Veeky Forums is fast food, soda, candy, hot sauce, instant noodles, keto, gimmick of the week hot pot garbage
>somehow the tried and true rice cooker thread gets called out as a shill

>teh poors
lol look at this faggot who thinks his $100 rice cooker is a status symbol. Are you Asian or Arab? First member of your family to go to college? Do you wear a $150 gold chain too?

Good job at missing the point. We were calling you tasteless, but apparently calling you poor for not being able to afford a relatively cheap appliance still managed to trigger you.

Christ, is Veeky Forums always like this? I usually post on /a/ and /k/ but I wanted to ask some of you niggers about my new rice cooker.

>not willing to admit a pot and a hotplate will do the same thing
Will it cook rice while I'm sleeping so I can have rice with breakfast, and then keep the remaining rice warm and fluffy, so I can have nice rice ready when I get home in the evening? No it can not.
Nothing wrong with making rice on the stove, and it will turn out just fine, but for some people the fact that they don't even have to do that is worth $50-100, putting aside my example, since my rice cooker was more expensive than just a pot on the stove top replacement.

>Christ, is Veeky Forums always like this?
Sadly it has gotten more like this recently. Not sure where the shitters are coming from.
Anyway you learn to ignore most of them, and they are usually pretty easy to spot, since they have nothing to say of any value and just shit post low quality bait or memes.

>not sure where the shitters are coming from

Seriously? It's fucking TD fags flocking to /pol/ and then flooding the rest of the site. It's really not that complicated.

How many dorra you pay for fish on rice, gaijin?

Veeky Forums isn't a weeb friendly board.

Who the fuck eats rice with breakfast? That's what oats, cereal, or grits are for.

Weebs, user, weebs.

Rice was one of the first things i did learn how to cook and let me add ; one of the easiest things to cook imo. Brown,white long grain or short easy goings. Only one time at a friends house and trying to show off my rice cooking technique did I fail miserably. It was a black asian rice that i've never seen before or after for that matter...stuff refused to cook even after 1 hour.
That said,you already bought the cooker so enjoy it. Rice is good stuff (evoo,lil salt and water is all it takes) After that the possibilities are endless.

Forgot to add fluffy not lumpy is the way to have it

If you weren't a marketing shill you'd know that Veeky Forums doesn't welcome cartoon watching manchildren or racist gun nuts.

Go back to upvote land or whereever this stuff is taken seriously.

>Practically every type of fancy modern food is made in an oven or on a stovetop, both replacements for a fire or a hot rock
>Rice is literally one of the oldest cultivated foodstuffs
>No goyim, rice must be made with a machine using technology developed from the space program and IBM

Memes: the thread