Best edition of the Ulysses? Is the penguin paperback viable? I don't want to get poor for a meme book...

Best edition of the Ulysses? Is the penguin paperback viable? I don't want to get poor for a meme book, but I don't want to buy a crap edition either.
Help Veeky Forums!

Pirate it on the Internet.
With an eyepatch like that it's what he would have wanted.

bump? anyone?

>bumping on a slow board
kill yourself
>killed a thread for this shitpost
again
>asking pointless non-questions
and again

>what is warosu?

the answer is the 1960 text

Get the version from Vintage Classics, 2008. It has the line numbers, and chapter number on each page, making it easy to navigate. I don't know if links are allowed on Veeky Forums, but just googling 'Ulysses Vintage Classics 2008' will bring up the copies on Amazon.

this is the sexiest edition
you'll need to pick up two anyway to get the 1922 and the 1960 text

what use are line numbers in a novel

>what use is the original pagination used as reference in almost every paper ever written on Ulysses
>what use is this for the Ulysses Annotated volume
you're a huge pleb

pagination is good word

leftwise, Stephen slowly seriously scrolled and sighing, satisfied, held the tome aloft and intoned softly-

I'm doing a module in university right now entirely on Ulysses, the line numbers are essential if you're ever looking up any secondary readings. Even if its just stuff on Sparknotes, it's very useful.

which university? be grateful, most just give you Wolfe because thats just the same right? and much easier

Idk, but Declan Kiberd's (penguin) introduction is pretty good

I'm uncomfortable giving away my location, but it's a major European university, and the module is specifically for analysis of Ulysses over the 12 weeks.

Anglophone country? That's all I want to know.

i posted the first not second comment, that sounds slightly psychopathic lol

I know that Anglo unis do entire modules on Ulysses, I just want to know if mainland unis offer that too. Mine doesn't.

Yes, Anglophone. It's a great module, I have homework to do for it right now but I'm dicking around on the internet. Joyce would be proud.

After a lot of research Everyman is best.

Trinity Dublin?

don't bother, Joyce is trash

is there a mass market paperback edition?

you could study Ulysses for years, just by studying the allusion you'd end up extremely well educated

penguin, oxford are both aright, penguin paper is a little nicer it seems to me

thanks. i mean one of those little ones like signet or bantam.

You don't have to break the bank if you buy it used. I have an Oxford wold classics edition I got for £6 that's decent.

>Joyce is trash
>US Court
Stupid american doesn't get something, rages and calls everyone stupid for liking it.

Just tell me another one, son. This one is old as this country.

Yep, that's the joke. Good job, bud.