Which do you choose, Veeky Forums?

Which do you choose, Veeky Forums?

Neither. But there's objectively more decent scifi than fantasy.

I agree but the best fantasy is better than the best sci-fi. There's no sci-fi is as good as Eddison.

I hate sci-fi, but it's definitely more innovative than fantasy. I think a more interesting question would be fantasy vs. historical fiction (pre 18th century)

It’s like The Beach Boys versus The Beatles

Exactly. The Beatles are objectively better in every way, but contrarian fags can't stop verbally fellating Wilson.

Stuff stuck in one genre is always cancer but if I were forced to pick what to write, I'd go with fantasy. It's way more comfy, allows more fun and has a reasonable scale. Sci fi fails to suspend my disbelief too with the ridiculous concepts it usually introduces and how it treats human and alien societies.

dude i'm going to fucking dislocate your shoulder if you keep talking like that

Slow down there my dude, I’m saying that The Beatles are better overall, but The Beach Boys are better at their best

I loathe sci-fi while I merely dislike fantasy.

>let it be is their best album

I'm not that user, but surely that chart would imply abbey road is their best

I am that user and you're right, there should be a spike in 1966

I favor fantasy far more than science fiction. Although I will admit I always wish there was more "high-tech" fantasy. Maybe it's because I'm a freetard from /g/.

Military sci fi.

Both at once.

fantasy books, sci-fi TV

The best sci-fi is every bit as good as the best fantasy. Neither one's better than the other.

Both.

sci-fi

That's a cute pic

religon-fi

sci-fi every time

So this is Veeky Forums in 2017, pretty disappointing to be honest

Sci-fi forces people to think about the future, and provides supplemental work for all kinds of moral philosophy. That's the point of speculative fiction. Problem is, all the novelty distracts from exploring human nature and relationships at a deep level.

Fantasy has those restrictions with none of the creative benefits, which is why way more of it is clunky genre shit.

Both but mostly high fantasy, cant wait for 3rd stormlight archives the 14th

I like my fantasy to have a little sci-fi.

E.g. a Kilrathi spaceship landed in a farmer's crops in Ultima VI, or TES4: Oblivion's Pelinal Whitestrake, whose left hand was a killing light.

Sci fi

Sci fi

Always fantasy