Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He is the second coming of christ

He is Jesus Christ, but better

He's a fucking retard.

No contradictions here, desu

Who?

You realise zarathustra lived before Christ, right?

He's whtie and redpilled againts muslims

he's a former unsociable child who found 'peace' in his separation. something like, "how can I make all of these meanies eat their words.. I know! I will become untouchable."

He lacks in all things external and places too much value in his position in the world.

>dumb, relativist fedora
>replacing the son of God
Lmao u dumbshits
Go read the KJV bible

It was better than Ecce Homo.

This. Nietzsche was interested in the psychological roots of Christianity, a turn inward. Zarathustra is the earliest known teacher of this new philosophy. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

Do I need to be familiar with Kant and Hegel and Schopenhauer and so on before reading Nietzsche's easier/recommended texts?

thats a pretty cool pic of Zarathustra. Where did you pick it from ?

Depends if you plan to understand them

Sorry OP, but Mani is my prophetfu.

No it's G. Bruno

No, if you really want just read a scholarly overview of Nietzsche's philosophy first. Anyone who says different fell for the meme.

He chose Zarathustra because he attributed the invention of good and evil to the historical figure, which he saw as a critical error of judgment, and so using him as the fictional mouthpiece for his own "beyond good and evil" philosophy was part irony, part humor, part Nietzsche's own way of facilitating the drive to write the book he wanted to write.

I don’t disagree. The invention of good and evil is the turn inward that I mentioned in my post. In order for the concepts of good and evil to exist, there needs to be a division between ego and superego (or God or morals). This is the foundation of the Abrahamic religions, and the first appearance in written history of a mental mode distinct from the physical world.

those are my two favs, Ecce and Twilight

Any recommendations for a good review?

Yes Rex Welson's The Philosophy of Nietzsche is very good.

Danke

I think you should read Schopenhauer before reading Will to Power at least. Their definitions of Will is very subtle.

HA

It's a damn fine book. Really loving it.

Where can I get that picture?

>people only know about Zarathstrua through a gay mouthpiece version Neechee invented
You're only helping Angra Mainyu, guys

>People only know about god through a gay Jewish carpenter some Greeks invented

wait this nigga was real? lmaosmhfampai

God is Satan

I knew about him through Strauss first

not sure if that's better or worse

kek I missed you butterfly tripfaggot