Just realized I don't own a fucking can opener (just started out on my own, ok...), can Veeky Forums recommend me one?

Just realized I don't own a fucking can opener (just started out on my own, ok...), can Veeky Forums recommend me one?

Are the "smooth edge" ones any good or just a meme?
Are the automatic ones worth it if I don't open cans too often?

I actually recommend one of the smooth edge electric can openers. Just place it on, press the button, walk away.

Fancy scam openers are for people with too much money or too much soy to open.
You're opening a can of metal, you just need a normal can opener.

My mom has that one in your image and I fucking hate it. Just get a normal, non-electric, non bottom shelf model, like an OXO or whatever. Electric is for senior citizens.

>he is so insecure that he needs to be able to open his cans with a manual can opener or he feels emasculated

The electric smooth edge ones have been known to leave metal shavings in the food, so do your research to make sure you get a good one

>he's scared of a little metal
Soyboy. I bet you're scared of fish because of the tiny bones too.

You don't need an opener, just bash the can over the edge of a table.

Top: everyday carry
Bottom: backup

This board needs a QTDDTOT thread

get an oxo

I use the exact model in your image. It works well and I don't think it was very expensive. I've had it for so long I don't even remember when I bought it, so they last. I'd recommend it.
The bit about shavings, I only got a shaving once, and that is when I double cut part of the the lid. So if you are careful, you'll never get them, or they are so small I don't notice them and am slowly dying.

a fucking knife you turbo pussy

i only have one hand so the electric smooth edge opener is great

>walk away.
when should i come back?

When they're finished. The can and opener need some privacy to do it properly.

When it comes to can openers, you get what you pay for. Buy a cheap $7 one and it'll break eventually. Just buy like a kitchen aid one for $20 and it'll last.

Get a nicer Kitchen Aid or OXO one or something. Theyre less exhausting and hazardous as but not as superfluous and stupid as an electric one.

How do you manage to shit post so much with only one hand?

they're all terrible desu if we're talking about manual ones. no matter how much money you spend on it, it will break in a year.

>i only have one hand
Are you that freaky Asian kid who likes to eat raw dead animals on video?

>I don't own a fucking can opener
This is a good thing because nothing good comes out of a can that doesn't have a self-opening lid (like sardine cans).

italian tomatoes.
checkmate faggot.

in what third world nuclear holocaust fallout region does any survivor need """fresh""" tomatoes from a can?

how else you gonna make granma M's famous sketti sauce?

With the healthy and nutritious goodness of Monsanto™ Enhanced™ Toma-toes™.

Also available in new compact Toma-fingers™

>Monsanto™
I guess they would be San Monsanto™
hah! get it!

>get it?
not really, monsieur.

Oh. Moncento™.

Just got one of the Findking smooth openers off amazon.

Good stuff.

Smooth edge works. Just less of a chance of you cutting yourself, if that has never been a problem for you then it probably won't matter much. I like it because I can just grab without thinking.

Automatics function the same as any other, you just don't have to turn it. Not that much of a chore anyway, but I suppose if you are using them constantly it could be nice.

I just use a knife.

Even if you get an automatic one, get a regular one too. That said, as much as the smooth edge ones are safer, I’d recommend the sharp edge standard ones. You can’t drain anything in the can with the smooth edge ones - at least, not well.

Yeah, the ones like in the OP pic suck dick. They're made for dumb housewives who somehow cut themselves on fucking cans, and take twice as long.

>i only have one hand
pics or it didn't happen

I can't operate the camera on my phone because I only have one hand.

>i can press alphanumeric buttons on a keyboard
>but i can't press a button to take a pic
chop logic

here's your opportunity to garner all the attention that you can crave. you know you want to.
post hand!

come on. chop chop. let's see the no hand.

OXO. They tend to make the best utensils. Their can opener is a beast.

Swing-A-Way. Classic is the best. You'll have it forever for under $15.