Why is this not the bible for every american? why is this not handed out by the dozens?

why is this not the bible for every american? why is this not handed out by the dozens?

the federalist party was basically the protest-party. Now, its ideas have already been fulfilled.

They would be turning over in their graves over a mulatto in the White House if they were still alive.

Because true Americans were Anti-Federalist.

patently false

Americans can't physically read anymore.

It's patently true

might want to explain why the "true americans" aka the founders were federalists then bud. most of them bordered on aristocrats.

>The Anti-Federalists weren't also Founding Fathers
Are you literally even American?

The best thing the anti-federalists (which was a very ideologically diverse group btw) did was call for a bill of rights. If you think their thoughts contributed more to contemporary America than the federalists, I suggest you read the Articles of Confederation and tell me how that worked out

> If you think their thoughts contributed more to contemporary America than the federalists
I don't think this, I completely agree with you that the Federalists are responsible for how things are today. That shouldn't be taken as a compliment and really only lends evidence to my previous statement that true Americans were Anti-Federalist.

Because it’s written in a god awful, overly wought style. It was true then and it’s true now.

It's just an ancient polemic between some bondholders with a vest interest in consolidating their power. Your republic gave way to empire, transnational corporations, supranational law, etc

They can read all right. Just lack the wherewithal and the attention span to read either long or deeply.

The anti-federalists were right about judges.

Least dangerous branch, my ass.

That said, I'm a big fan of the Fed Papers.

Read my mind. I've been thinking of buying the constitution version that also includes the declaration of independence.

I'm not saying that Federalists were wrong about everything, but I think a lot of the problems we see now are a result of their ideas being taken to the logical extreme over the last 2 centuries, to the point that our country is on the verge of completely abandoning the ideals it was created for.

>they would be turning over in their graves
>if they were still alive

American politics is overrated.

joke: federalism
woke: antifederalism
bespoke: warring states

>Americans actually reading important political documents

The American revolution was a bourgeois revolution that was aimed at solidifying the power of upper-middle class and above types, and has always implemented systems to minimise the impact of the majority of its population. I think the ways in which they have done this have changed since then but the ideals haven't.

I'm 2/3rds through it, after a detailed study of the founding documents. It's a joy.

Unfortuantely, I haven't figured out a good reader on the "anti-federalist" papers just yet. Apparently that category is a much more sprawling and un-unified corpus, and the one small companion reader that I know about is just half convention debate stuff and other language I already know, with the minority being actual "cato/other romans" letters etc. I don't need that context, I just want the matter. There's this huge seven-volume thing apparently...

I shall take it upon myself to look up appropriate Anti-federalist material over the internet once the book is done in the next several weeks (I read slowly at my spare time).

If you are writing as a fluent speaker and writer of 21st century American English, then your opinion is absolutely false. Rather, you are simply dumb.*

*Madison's prose is a bit tough, but you get used to it fairly quickly. The appellation "god-awful" cannot reasonably be applied to the case of Madison's writings, especially if the above qualifier holds good.

Meanwhile, Hamilton's prose flows that much better, and moves easily from point to point. You sound like a brainlet who gets bogged down in historical minuate, while the point of each piece is to move briskly towards a swift rhetorical conclusion. The object of the corpus was realized in well under a year, so the authors literally win the game of history as editorialists.