Out of fucking nowhere its motherfucking Alexandre Dumas with a godamn new novel

>out of fucking nowhere its motherfucking Alexandre Dumas with a godamn new novel
Thoughts?

I think it's a sequel. To the Three Musketeers, that is.

Dumas is pretty shit. All his books are 400 pages too long. Everything people complain about with Dickens, the bagginess, the weak characters, the sentimentality, the contrived plots, goes double for Dumas. Even his masterpiece Monte Cristo sags badly after the prison break and you waste hundreds of pages before he finally gets his revenge.
The musketeer sequels are especially egregious, thin plots stretched too far by his ghost writers, without the depth of characterisation to make the noodling bearable. Robert Louis Stevenson gives you just as much swashbuckling but with economy and pacing.
Basically fuck Dumas, worst of the 'classic' French novelists.

BTW I suggest Pojoikmwemwitz instead, notorious polish philosopher who practically shaped the modern world.

The Club Dumas said book collectors have a special love for Dumas—never been able to confirm or understand why the author said that.

He writes a good revenge story.

Turns out if you churned out your shit pulp novels with a team of ghost writers you don't actually need to have been alive in the past century and a half to put out another one.

>waste hundreds of pages before he finally gets his revenge
This is a waste not only because of a long buildup, but because there is no thematic or literary merit to getting there at all. It's just a shallow "oo I wonder how he's gonna get em." 200 or 1400 pages it is just as shallow. Not to mention Dumas is wonderful at insulting the reader's intelligence by literally explaining every metaphor and telegraphed character nuance after it happens.

how does he keep getting away with this Veeky Forums??

Fuck all you faggots. Three Musketeers was good shit. You're just butthurt because you'll never, ever be alpha like D'Artagnan.

>Proust was paying for reviews
>Dumas had a ghostwriter
>Voltaire is bad mkay
When will this relentless shilling by assblasted anglos cease?

>I think it's a sequel. To the Three Musketeers, that is.
But Twenty Years After is the sequel

He literally had ghost writers. And didn't even write literature, literally 19th century Dan Brown.

Proof? I can perceive a consistent style throughout his work

>literally a position of one professor
>eh literally had though!!!11

>all his books are 400 pages long
huh? why are you complaining?

It's not like Auguste Maquet is some kind of secret, we already know he collaborated on many novels of Dumas, the question that's open today is how much is Maquet and how much is Dumas, which some scholars tilt towards the former.

Proust is my fucking hero. He should be the hero of everyone on Veeky Forums. He's proof that you can be a NEET and self-publish and still go down as one of the greatest ever.

Mate Dumas is great. More pages just means more buildup, also he has this sort of genial style of writing about things that makes the flaws easily bearable.

Well I believe it was published as a serial, so that's probably why

Didn't Club Dumas predict this shit?

It was already around, but not in engrish

who