OFFICIAL CATHOLIC Veeky Forums GENERAL

Moses was more or less adopted from story of Akhenatan of Egyptian lore, in the sense he may have been a lore-like person who's story was passed down. Also both believed in one God

Perhaps, somehow the Jews had to have gotten out of Egypt, and put themselves into history. The parting of the sea is probably a tale based on lore, but the river valley he crossed is not deep so a gust of wind could have made a path

Catholics hate the Gnostics, thats why all their writings were destroyed and all the Gnostics killed brutally. In fact, according to them, regular people are not worthy enough to interpret the Bible themselves and must only listen to ther bishops. Many more gnostic writings exist, the most important of which either destroyed or kept in the Vatican

The

>In fact, according to them, regular people are not worthy enough to interpret the Bible themselves and must only listen to ther bishops.

That's not true at all. The Church only makes declarations on things when they become problems, everything else is open to interpretation.

I'm a mexican fedora tipper. As you may imagine, I'm constantly triggered in a country that is 70%~ Catholic. However, I really love its historical relevancy, as well as the impact it had during colonialism.

I wish I can some day visit the vatican so I can see what it is to be a true Catholic, and not the pagan-mixed, drug cartel death-worshipping, muh indigenous image of virgin mary garbage this country has.

What do we actually "do" for all eternity after all events that have been prophesized have been completed?

Nobody knows. It's a mystery. But it's going to be great.

I'm an American but I really love Our Lady of Guadalupe. I wish the US would get its own Marian apparition, we need it at this point.

rape children

I feel you user. I'm American but grew up on the border and had the same shitty syncretic Mestizo Catholicism. Best thing is just ignore the plebs and do your own research on the roots of Catholicism before it became a tool of state and a cumrag for delusional normies.

Shut the fuck up, idolator. What a shit thread my god.

What's the 'normal' amount of time between confession supposed to be?

>parting of the sea
They say that there is no archaeological record of the wandering of the Hebrews across the Red Sea. Hard to say, though. I'm not sure how many archaeologists would be allowed to search for such a record in the Arab peninsula.

>regular people are not worthy enough to interpret the Bible themselves and must only listen to ther bishops
Stop spreading your satanic lies. You're playing with hellfire. It's even worse if you're intentionally doing this.

St. Bridget confessed daily as a nun. Ideally one would confess at the nearest possible time after committing a mortal sin in the event of sudden death. Personally I always make an act of contrition immediately after committing a grave sin until I can next see a priest.

Hey, God here, I took LSD and realized I AM God, since the name of God is I AM who else could I be, then I realized I AM not God is God saying to himself God is not God, off course God is not God, God is everything and that has to include not being himself

then I realized I AM Jesus and I AM the pope and all the rest of you, yet none of you here are worshiping me like you should be and I still have to work for a living and can't have any orgies except on weekends

Do I really have to go through the process of making a convoluted game with a hierarchy and fancy wordplay about wisdom, gnosis and salvation and on and on and on to lure all you suckers into playing the game whilst paying for my lazy life (I hear you call this tithing or charity). won't you simply recognize that I AM god right this instant, what do you still fear?

There's nothing wrong with Marian apparitions, user.

the longest you can go and still be in good standing with the church is one calendar year most normies dont even do that

I do like this guy does and confess as soon as possible if I'm knowingly in a state of mortal sin. If I'm not, I usually go every three weeks.

how do you become a catholic? how does mass work?

Keep this in mind: the United States is at least 3 times as pozzed as Mexico.

>pagan-mixed, drug cartel death-worshipping, muh indigenous image of virgin mary garbage this country has.
Can you expand more on this, because that sounds insanely interesting.

It's really preferable to confess as often as possible.

BECOME
E
C
O
M
E

What happened to the /clg/ before? I got off for about a day or two and they just disappeared.

All fucking LARPers must hang

>Moses was more or less adopted from story of Akhenatan of Egyptian lore

Get the FUCK out of here. Freud's Moses book is a heap of trash and has been totally discredited by subsequent and prior scholarship. It wasn't taken seriously for a moment.

We're all Scientologists now

it was literally just you posting you need help

In Mexico the Catholic Church never had a central authority to help block out the mixing of pagan and christian practices so now Mexicans have a half sun god half Guadalupe worshiping train wreck of a religion