Why are all languages so shit?

why are all languages so shit?
the perfect language of the future would have no useless verbose shit
>No fucking x and c letters
>Letters should be spelled the way they are and nothing changes that. (german is guilty of this)
>No polysemique (multi-meaning) words (i'm looking at you, french)
>Give adjectives bloody gender
>No more 'to be' verb (or verbe etre), just like arabic, good and simple.
>Make verbe conjugation consistent and rid us of useless tenses that 99% of people won't use 99% of the time

Esperanto didn't catch on, get over it

>Letters should be spelled the way they are and nothing changes that. (german is guilty of this)
>german
>not english
Anglo detected.
Learn to appreciate naturally developed languages and their nuances, faggot.

sounds like Latin desu

oh boy you seem to not know german
germans have no excuse to spell fucking zwanzig as svantsich

>when STEMfags try to lit

I am objectively correct though.

In actuality, learn Latin.
Otherwise, Ithkuil was created for weirdos like you.

try Lithuanian

Yeah but they don't so get over it you fucking autist

>we should get rid of everything useless thing
I don't see you beheading yourself.

Spanish meets most of these criteria.

Lithuanian, Hungarian, or Finnish would be good as well.

kek

Why are genders for words a good thing? Seems retarded to me.

Yikes!

>Muh reductionism
>Wants adjectives to have genders, creating more redundant words in the process
>Doesn't want the "to be" verb, which helps English be readable even in very broken sentences

I speak Spanish German and English, and you're full of shit. If you want to help come up with a shorthand human-understandable form of binary, you can't get simpler than that.

Gender on adjectives works magic and allows you to speak with free syntax, because adjectives and verbs turned adjectives point to different words more easily.

This is the stupidest post I've seen all day and I've been on /g/, /pol/ and /tv/ today. Looks like it's written by an absolute cretin with no understanding of linguistics whatsoever and duolingo-tier language knowledge. Do in fact kill yourself.

I kinda hate how Latin has 10 vowels but only 5 are written nowadays, even as Romans frequently wrote all 10. Medieval pronunciation needs to die, it impoverishes the language and makes poetry arbitrary.

>germans have no excuse to spell fucking zwanzig as svantsich
Are you saying that germans should spell zwanzig as svantsich because that's how an anglo would spell it?

first two points are not critiques of language, but of writing systems

third is a bit wierd, multi meaning words are so widespread, and depending of how extreme of a view you have, this might lead to having us make our vocabulary ten times as big

Why is gender a problem? it serves a purpose, and only fat americans that havent grown up with it find it difficult

You cant remove "to be" you moron, even though some languages dont use "to be" as a separate word, it functions the exact same way. writing "car red" has the exact same semantic meaning as "car is red" ya dip, and you have to use to be anyways, since to eb has different tenses and moods et cetera, which is pretty hard to encode using syntax/inflection

If i were to give my own opinoin, i believe a polysynthetic highly fusional language like ithkuil would be the way to go. the examples you give are only an issue if you learn it as a 2nd language. Thinking far term, our only concern should be how efficient the inherent structure of the language is.

>on Veeky Forums
>has a shit reading comprehension

You cant write lol
>no excuse to spell fucking zwanzig as svantsich
They dont spell zvanzig as svantsich

aka you are wrong you dumb shit

I genuinely can not figure out what you were trying to say otherwise.

New to this conversation but I live in Germany and I have no idea what "svantsich" is. It sounds like a monolingual American boomer's attempt at pronouncing a German word.

They're called quirks of a language you fucking moron. They give the language character.

Arabic is a horrible language.

Useless tenses, wtf are you talking about you simpleton.

lmao I'm going to keep on speaking my Germanic goodness and strand all my fucking prepositions lmao and I'm gonna pseudo-passivize ha ha ha bitch I'm gonna do one-anaphora ha ha ha try and fucking stop me!

>Useless tenses, wtf are you talking about you simpleton.

How often do you use the future perfective progressive passive?

The barbecue will have been being eaten for three hours

>Reads the linguistics Wikipedia page once

I don't think this tense exists. Something about it sounds impossible to me, even. Well, you've nailed it: English is a stupid language because you can theoretically construct impossible tenses in it using periphrastic morphology. But actually, I should think that this makes English a very smart language instead, as even very finely tuned verbal tenses are easily created.

dude just admit you're dumb

I wholeheartedly disagree. We need a language with labyrinthian complexity and immense depth to accurately convey all of the nuances of human experience. Id imagine some super-language that is an amalgam of all living and dead languages with numerous grammatical forms as not to limit expression.

itt: replying to obvious bait

>why are all languages so shit?
It's okay, we all make mistakes.

They don't. You bumfuck. The Z is already maximally compressed. It is its own sound. It's also a very old word

>I want a language as simple as toki pona because french triggered me!!!!!4!
>give gender to adjectived
You are a faggot, do you know that?

>>No more 'to be' verb
今自分を殺さなければ、俺は貴方の家へ来て殺す。

>ctrl f
>no Lojban

Desu

>No fucking x and c letters
Finnish doesn't use B, F, Q, Z, or W either. And grammatical gender of any kind is just cancer.

Truly the greatest language.

As opposed to English spelling it sandwich?

God you're retarded

God thought Greek was good enough to record the death of his own Son in.

Kek.

god isn't real, faggot

*Aramaic
ftfy

I construct my own languages for fun. Eventually I plan to coalesce facets of them and experience into what I think is a good language. When it is sufficiently complete and I am able, I'm going to only think and consume (information) through that language. Which means self-isolation.

But yeah, though natural languages can be interesting and beautiful, they (and most constructed languages) are complete shit for serving as a language. For clarity of thought and pragmatism alike. I believe in rethinking and refining every concept present in languages too, to remove the memes that have no real meaning and lend to generalist, vague, dismissive, and reality-devoid thinking. Most constructed languages tend to directly take concepts from preexisting languages and make their own version, really a direct translation at best, so that the form, presentation and certain cultural nuances change but the actual concepts are just reiterated. I propose reinventing every notion and concept, and ensuring that they're inherently scaled, interconnected, and compartmentalised with as much specificity as possible (with allowance for being nonspecific, of course).

Ithkuil kind of does this but again, it just inherits concepts and takes them at face-value. No deeper look into their natures, or the nature of meaning and conceptualisation to begin with. A language shouldn't restrict the mind to its terms and structure, it should facilitate any and all complex thought.

This is so autistic that it isn't even autistic anymore.

The stuff you're calling "annoying shit" is totally fascinating and enriches the language.

In particular some of your complaints apply to English because it's a mut language, and getting a grasp on English has everything to do with getting a sense of what's Latin and what's Anglo Saxon.

Cute foreigner Japanese desu.

The only people who complain about gender in languages are monolingual Anglos and feminists. Especially both. There are no native speakers of gendered languages that are bothered by them.

Make a conlang ya cube. Or learn Ithkuil

I am since it results in me being constantly misgendered.

What's with all the Anglo bitching? Is this a new trend I need to be hip to? English seems a fine language to me.

they failed classes so they're trying to sound less pathetic by blaming reality itself instead of themselves.

Gotta have that sweet aesthetic + poetry

Ah, gotcha, makes sense.

Latin is literally perfect, unless you're a brainlet. Pronunciation (to our understanding) and conjugation are consistent. Every tense has a purpose (if you're too dumb to incorporate them into your sentences that's your problem).
Even if you completely jumble up the sentence structure and put several subsentences between two related words (which is most Latin poetry) you can still decipher the sentence just by knowing the grammar.

>doesn't read Sanskrit, the perfect language of the Gods

/thread

Lojban/Esperanto/Ithfuck/Toki Pona are where it's at.

Natlangs are nice, but if you want something that looks like it was designed, then take something that was designed.

It's called conlanging, and many people have it as a hobby.

>lojban
>esperanto

Español es el idioma para hablar con Dios.

Эcпaньёл - этo хyйня для лoхoв, eптa, ниггep.

>>Give adjectives bloody gender
why should any effing word have a gender - that is something extremely useless. Lol lets split our words into three different boxes for no good reason at all and then apply grammar to them differently.

>conlanging
that sounds like some unspeakably perverted practice, m8.

>monolingual anglo subhuman cannot understand how a well-developed inflection system makes language more precise, expressive and powerful
Color me surprised.

We owe opinions like these to the decline of classical education.

what amazing preciseness will be generated by
assigning a stool,ladder,apple,cat,dog,calendar,human or any other word in the vocabulary male,feminine or neuter (or maybe even some more useless classes dbeuter or gleuter)
no preciseness just arbitrariness* only thing is you can pump out more word-games basically.

*or you can go full on social studies retard and start arguing if a cup is more female than a bridge or what the fuck and all the exiting arguments why a bunch of words must be in one category or not.totally useful.

>only thing is you can pump out more word-games basically.
but y'know were on /lit so probably that is it

>what is inflection
>what are referential pronouns
I'd suggest learning anything besides your analytical loanword salad of a pidgin. Right now you're the equivalent of a poltardian high-school dropout that shits up Veeky Forums with threads about complex numbers being a useless concept invented by jews to subvert the Western civilization.

all natural languages have built-in redundancies to make up for things being lost in the imperfect transmission of speech
also there's a lot of history buried in the irregularities and quirks, something you right-wing >muh-heritage babies ought to appreciate

>
>>what is inflection
>>what are referential pronouns
why on earth would you want to put your words into different categories for inflection?
both of your points just demonstrate more of the same --- how extremely pointless gender is.

me: why would you use random categories for words
you: using these random categories we can complicate usage of the words more - no longer will you for example inflect all the words in the same language in same manner now you have at least three different ways to do it for three random categories of words
me: wtf? It is exactly this senseless nonsense I am against
you: ohh - you dumb brute! You still do not get my glorious argument - dividing words to groups that will have their own separate rules for basic language operations will be a great and useful feature for my hypothetical language! If you dare to have doubts about that, it just means you are a rube.

PS. English is not my first language. Alongside my mother-language I also know some English and one other language. I will not reveal what exactly these languages are because I relish anonymity. Better you ad-hom an anonymous person.

this and the mr normie pic leads me to believe its bait no faggot can be this autistic

>why would you want to put your words into different categories for inflection?
So that stronger, more definite links between words are maintained, and it becomes possible to talk casually in sentences of a complexity the average Anglo would find staggering.

E.g., with three genders, on average, those three genders would be evenly distributed across speech, thus providing on average between two and three (because of overlap in natural languages) unique ways of reference. That is quite powerful for short-term memory.

And obviously, the more nominal inflection you have, the more noticeable the effect of noun classes is. Humans have no problem using these noun classes and their entire paradigms of inflection fluently and unconsciously without error, as, for example, the living Slavic languages show, so no, they aren't "too hard".

I'm actually surprised no one in this thread has attacked number. Surely that's "inefficient" too?

Anyway, conlangs are gay. Everyone reading this post should go and learn Latin right now, starting with Hans Orberg's books. Failing that, German. If not, maybe Japanese. Which has no gender, no number and additionally no distinction between finite and nonfinite verbs but by word order alone (the finite verb is the last word of a sentence, excluding particles), so you can fully appreciate just how railroaded Japanese syntax is.

Impolite sage, and I'm out.