Harold Bloom stated: "Le Guin, more than Tolkien, has raised fantasy into high literature, for our time"

>Harold Bloom stated: "Le Guin, more than Tolkien, has raised fantasy into high literature, for our time"

Why do you guys get such a boner from Bloom criticizing Harry Potter? He's still an autistic neckbeard who likes pleb fantasy for children.

OP you are still in that tryhard stage where you think only literary fiction is good because you are desperate to appear intelligent

grow out of it someday

This, desu. You're the lit equivalent of "only classical music is good" /mu/tards.

>only classical music is good
That's accurate though

Tolkienfags btfo by based granny

>he hasn't listened to The Kinks

takes hard living to get wrinkles like that

>pop "music"

bugmen begone

>hating The Kinks
>>>/reddit/

It isn't that ONLY classical music is good, but that it is objectively superior to all alternatives.

Classical music is just better

>all these plebs not recognizing metal as the true patrician genre

One day when you're older you'll learn bebop is true master race

This

Just don’t tell that to your favorite «bebop» composer, they’ll most likely laugh lol.

Only classical music is go-
Whoa.....

true

>I can think of only one modern fantasy I prefer to The Left Hand of Darkness, and that is David Lindsay’s Voyage to Arcturus (1920), but Lindsay’s uncanny nightmare of a book survives its dreadful writing, while Le Guin seems never to have written a wrong or bad sentence. One has only to quote some of her final sentences to know again her absolute rhetorical authority:

>But he had not brought anything. His hands were empty, as they had always been.
>(The Dispossessed)

>Gravely she walked beside him up the white streets of Havnor, holding his hand, like a child coming home.
>(The Tombs of Atuan)

>There is more than one road to the city.
>(The Beginning Place)

>But the boy, Therem’s son, said stammering, “Will you tell us how he died?—Will you tell us about the other worlds out among the stars—the other kinds of men, the other lives?”
>(The Left Hand of Darkness)

>When her precise, dialectical style—always evocative, sometimes sublime in its restrained pathos—is exquisitely fitted to her powers of invention, as in The Left Hand of Darkness, Le Guin achieves a kind of sensibility very nearly unique in contemporary fiction.

I don't get it. What the fuck is so good about those sentences?

Veeky Forums is an 18+ website

Bloom's right, but it'd be better if he examined Le Guin, David Lindsay, Peake, and other superior fantasy writers in detail to show what he means instead of just saying "fuck Harry Potter."

Reminder that Bloom never got around to reading Gene Wolfe and we're all worse off for it.

My favorite bebop composer is Steely Dan

>this shit taste

Metal is for children who haven't learned to Baroque yet.

>Not realizing Le Guin : Tolkien :Shakespeare : Tolkien
>getting blindsided by his own theories

Why, Bloom-kun?

You're like little babies...

You think that's great? Watch this.

Excellent taste

Awesome album

>AAAAAAAA I'M SO FUCKIGN SAD LISTEN TO THIS MINIMALIST JAZZ
try again, sweetie

Here you go, sugar snookums

Could this old nobody be any more of a contrarian? Holy shit. I'm actually embarrassed for him.

I'm actually from Metropolis IL, I like the homage to Superman.

Ah, I get it.

This makes perfect sense. Notice how openly Shakespearean those lines are. Bloom is the ultimate Shakespeare fanboy. Essentially, then, his "professional criticism" amounts to personal bias.

>/mu/tard influx with their soyboycore and avant teen embryonism
this place is truly dead

I've always been confused about why /mu/ is 'worse' at its hobby than the other hobby boards on Veeky Forums.

Even for /tv/, when the shitpost culture slips and the mask comes off, people seem to like pretty good movies. But /mu/'s tastes are super fucking basic.

>golden face posters with their edgy memetext and underage buzzwords

>/tv/
capeshit babbies and /v/tards with 1.5 "arthouse lovers" that literally >watched three criterion films once
>Veeky Forums
high-school-tier classics babbies and /pol/tards with 2.5 posters that read anything beyond "lit top 100" and bildungsromane
>mu
contrarian teenage babbies and obscurefaggots with 3.5 posters that have a coherent taste and don't follow pitchfork and scaruffi religiously

/tv/ is objectively the worst board out of 3

Veeky Forums is the worst board at its own thing

This desu. Technical death metal is classical but faster, so better suited for people who aren't low iq plebs. Like the opposite of

Degenerate faggotry the album

>/tv/ is good
>/mu/ is bad
How can one man be this wrong?

>Technical death metal
t. bugman

That's just age difference.
/tv/ is 13-30
Veeky Forums is 16-30
/mu/ is 13-21

t. Poorfag

>implying Veeky Forums is a richfag club
Their biggest problem is they have no fucking taste. See any Veeky Forums meetup photos.

That's another problem: rich Kids with too much money.

But there are a few oldfags in Veeky Forums with good taste. I have to confess I left browsing there like 2 years ago.

Also too much jerking off to Rick Owens and too little working out is modern couture.

Veeky Forums

>not listening purely to transcendental post-modern contemporary neotraditional baroque meta-improvisational minimalist orchestral alien-soul nu-jizz trans-trancesque emo-beat, played on the elongated dick of a japanese noodle maker

get a trip so i can filter you

Kek. The technical death metal meme. Grow up kiddo.

hes the last academic at a real college who defends the canon from the -isms and identities. He could eat a baby and I'd support him

err...thats what lit crit is ya silly sausage. its not math, theres no equation for greatness

there is simply no way to justify your poor personal hygience and adult virginity. Dont try.

I think he can eat a fully grown man and probably has.

Caring that much about how you dress that you make it a lifestyle should get you shot desu. That being said, Veeky Forumsggots dress like shit.

Nice low effort shitposts

Veeky Forums is an 18+ website

@10272093
Take this pseudoyou, and listen to apparition by Spawn on possession

haha that was funny (it wasn't)

nice samefagging

worst thread ive ever witnessed

>brainlet detected

Le Guin fucking sucks. The Dispossessed is one of the worst books I've ever read.

>Le Guin
crypto-yid if ever there was one.

only /pol/ shitposting is good

these cringy voices tho

put me in the screencap

Whatever. I like both.