Does anyone here write philosophy?

Does anyone here write philosophy?

What ideas have you come up with?

i was once so stoned i thought that if i thought hard enough i could eat a person's soul

we're fucked

i've thought of a few things which might already exist. haven't really written extensively on anything because i don't know which set of ideas to focus my attention on.

-intersubjective lifeworlds as having rights equivalent to a person (i.e. person A and person B form an intersubjective lifeworld that has claim to human rights, there is a small amount of written work i am aware of that approaches this idea). more generally, a theory of intersubjective lifeworlds as the primary units of the collective contemporary consciousness (as opposed to archetypes which are the units of the primordial collective unconscious).

-a third mode of being (cf noumena and phenomena), influenced by deleuze and guattari. still only a very rough idea.

a metaphysical system that i worked a lot on as a freshman in university, and started paying attention to again fairly recently. basically a systematized "logic of constructivist ontology". needs more work.

-some really bizarre ideas, influenced by semiotics, about media and language/performativity

Phil. undergrad here. I tried formalizing rights with a product of two modal logics. I also found an error in a very important paper on the logics of ethics on which I will soon write an essay.

I thought about time in respect to consciousness and wonder if we are all technically born at the same time in our minds but physical events happen uncoordinated.

I mean, like suppose you read this and you're a year older than i am well at the exact moment that you were doing this i will be one year in the future at the very same conscious moment.

cringe

professional philosopher here, my idea is that that's a nice ass

same

>Phil. undergrad here
so how's that 50k+ debt for one scrap of toilet paper coming along

BRAAAP

I live in Germany, studying is nearly free here.

yeah. some arsehole living in his parents guest house on the isle of mull was writing a philisophical manifesto.

thats a nice arse

i have this idea about men, when watching tv, like to flip around the channels really quick while women like to stay on each channel a bit longer to see if it's anything of interest. my idea is that it goes back to when society consisted of hunter/gatherers. needs more work though

haha fuck you diogenes

alright here goes

all undignified action has its roots in considering the "self" to be of higher value than the task at hand

more precisely it means fearing losing the current self in exchange for the new one created by the struggle of the task at hand, despite your certain knowledge that the new self will be of higher quality than the current one as it is the product of your struggle in virtuos errantry (any task being the product of the path your ideals set you on, and therefore only the highest errantry)

if we take it to be true, even evident that struggle, discipline, effort create a better self in near absolute consistency
and it is this struggle and painful process that destroys the self
then this self preservation is the original cowardice
and so the bold and desperate self destruction through trial and action, both physical and psychological becomes the definining factor of heroism.

r8

I'm a Catholic and I have an idea that's probably not original, but that I did come to on my own. It relates to God's sovereignty over all creation, and how ultimately humans don't actually own anything, even their own bodies, and so they're not free to do as they please with any of it.

God isn’t free to do what he wants with himself either

brap

Well it depends on what you mean by "free." I believe Aquinas would say that God in fact is free to do anything, but at the same time there are absolutely things he will not do at all, because he is both perfectly rational and perfectly just.

I don't but here's an idea that crossed my mind:

- social hierarchy is organized by conspiracy. In a level field of three subjects, let's call them A1, A2, A3 both A1 and A2 can improve their hierarchical standing by conspiring against A3. By exalting themselves above A3, let's say they obtain a new hierarchical standing and they are now B1 and B2, along in a new caste with B3. Here a new conspiracy emerges and new subjects get promoted into C and so forth. Therefore, all social hierarchy is derived by subjects conspiring/scheming against non-participating/passive "victims" and exalting themselves above them. The lowest class of hierarchy is composed of non-conspiratorial subjects who either are non-active in terms of having a desire to have any mobility within the hierarchy or active in isolation which of course renders them far less effective than conspiratorial subjects. But even in the case of conscious willful passivity/non-conspiratorial behavior, they are still acted upon by others as a passive bystander since their very existence within the society is enough for other subjects to use them as a fixed point against which they might exalt themselves against and thus generate hierarchical power.

i wrote several highly classified and rated papers at my time in university one trickier than the other

I was just making a “who created god”-tier argument for fun and u had to go and bring up the A-word

way 2 ruin the fun dude

>BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFT

That is one spectacular butt

I have been trying for two years to write my novels but I find that I enjoy writing essays much more. I am pretty sure I could create an interesting essay about the Internet, but I really am not sure what kind of chance I'd ever have getting published with that without any academical support.

I studied philosophy in college and then kinda went off the deep end for ~6 years afterwards coming up with my own theories. They were all kinda shit but this one has stuck with me throughout all these years. It goes:

Booty, booty.
When a man sees a nice booty, he must give in to his base desires and truly appreciate the miracle of nature. Man must forgo all of life's great problems and mysteries in the presence of a truly exceptional booty. For a man devoted to the booty will never stray from the path of the righteous.
Booty booty

I have written a book on the occult that has sold a decent amount of copies.

Hello styxhexenhammer666

I've been kicking around a sort of neo-hegelian ontology in my head for for a while. I've also got a pretty solid idea about ethics in war. They are unique enough I can sit on them for a while while I go for a masters of law degree or whatever comes next. I'm not about to sperg about them on here before they're published though.

I think this needs some sort of ethical backing. Not all struggles improve you, some things you can work hard for and dedicate yourself towards will ruin yourself or other people. I also think there may be something to be said about people who do not struggle because they view their "self" in particular to be not worth the effort, so to speak. It doesn't seem to fit too well with undignified action cause by something like depression.

I once created 'omnicidism' in a shitpost but some Christian folk took it quite seriously.

>I also found an error in a very important paper on the logics of ethics on which I will soon write an essay.
Please make a thread about when it's done.

>Not all struggles improve you
i would disagree with this, at least contest it, consider the difference between struggle and suffering. struggle requires suffering but suffering exists without struggle in the meek. i think the ruinous things you are referring to are probably suffering without struggle.

consider that "depression" is largely linked with the "woe is me" mentality of self pity and indulgence in this. in fact thats probably one of the defining factors of what we call "depression". this example still fits my theory as it is largely people not wanting to lose their current self via action (cleaning you room for a stereotypical example) if their current self is one that cannot do this, then they need a new one, and forcing the action creates the new one.

I mean, serious depressives take some pretty intense medication just to try and alter their "current self", I think that's a rather unsubstantiated understanding of the psychology of depression.

I'm sure you can imagine a struggle which someone takes on which is not good for them or anyone at the end of the day. Ever watched a gangster film? Ever read the Greek Tragedies? They end up hurting themselves and everyone around them through their struggle for power, ect.

Okay, user. I actually plan on writing it in English so maybe I'll just post the whole paper here for people to laugh at.
I will most likely finish it towards the end of december.

Nice!

they take meds to try and outsource the action onto something other than themselves. because they cant muster the courage to willingly deface their current self.

even in those examples of failure in struggle i would say they still improved spiritually for it, if not outwardly. bare in mind that setting out to struggle acknowledges the risk of defeat and most (all?) who do this understand that the risk of destruction (of what now?) is worth it, and with this decision made they set out.

thats my theory at least.

meant for

I've been throwing around ideas of analyzing groups of logical and language systems. Forming a simple logical preposition and examining it in different axiom-systems simultaneously. Then seeing if there can be anything interesting found in these clouds of answers. I also have quite developed idea of understanding world with no non-existence. Instead sentences pointing to object not existing they imply a hypothetical object with a attribute "not existing". This way of thinking simplifies questions relating to existence of Noumea as non-existence exist only in the domain of human experience.

You're a fucking pseud if you think there's anything you can add to the gigantic pile of philosophical writtings.

Depressives will literally deface their bodies and end their lives, depression has nothing to do with lack of courage. You are really off the mark here. Maybe you are confusing depression with social anxiety (you're still off the mark there too, but at least your in the ballpark).

If the blind pursuit of personal improvement overrules any immoral intentions or outcomes it's an inherently unsustainable system. No matter how much personal growth could come from pushing the big red button and ending the world, that struggle would never be worth it.

maybe the real work is burning most of that pile

anyway you're the absolute scum of the earth, as new inventions reveal more about reality there is always more work to be done to make sense of it

Here's an idea about philosophy: we should kill everyone like you because you are blind perpetrators of the plutocratic will

When I was in middle school on the walk home I realized everyone was fundamentally self interested.
Also came up with a few thought experiments.

once again thats a suffering without struggle thing. but yes you would be correct in saying such blindness is an unsustainable system. something close to this absolute is the best i believe. as for depressives, why do you suggest they do not take action then?

>hypothetical object with a attribute "not existing"
I hope you've read Hegel.

wow so you're proposing that individuals are concerned with their individual selves?
wow this is big if true, and totally original

I'm suggesting they do take action, some many times in many different ways. Years of "struggling" against shit brain chemistry with therapy, medication, "cleaning your room" (kek), self medication (drugs and self harm), and they still end up hanging themselves. Clinical depression is, for the most part, chemical, neurological. It's not just people being sad cause they feel bad about their room being dirty.

I should have been clear, the fact that I had this realization in middle school was meant to evoke it's obviousness / my naiveté brainlet.

lmfao

Hail, the true philosophers