If I read all of these in order will I become smart

If I read all of these in order will I become smart

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Western_philosophers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That is a truly wonderful pic

read the bible then aquinas then wittgenstein then stop

No. You will become wise. Here's a fixed *sniff* version.

BUCKETS LMAO XD XDXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

hahaahahaha embarassing

Thank you very much
rude

I like how Schopenhauer is the only one not smiling cos he was a cantankerous old fart lmao

you have to read them forwards then backwards for the knowledge to seep in.

Shouldn't Bakunin be holing a bottle? I remember Bakunin holding a bottle in the original one.

Only one woman? Seems pretty problematic to me sweetie.

I know you're taking the piss but wouldn't a male reader understand male philosophers more? Like, wouldn't a woman understand female authors more? I don't know.

does anyone care about g.e. moore these days

just a bunch of boring depressed cracKKKers, why would anyone read that

recommend me some nonwhite philosophers then? I am trying to get into this

Plato

>epicurus
>hayek
>derrida
>foucalt

disgusting

It's more like,

"if you can read all of these in order you're probably pretty smart"

seriously if I met someone who had read even one book by everyone on this list I would shut the fuck up and let them lecture me up hardcore

Hell, if I met someone who had read one book by 10 of the people on this list who wasn't doing it for school or an academic career, I'd be mad impressed.

One single essay by any of these guys is liable to keep your noggin in overdrive for weeks.

Oh honey, I bet you think my post might actually be saying something. Bless your heart, I am actually just trying to show you how much of a mature, experienced woman I am by using patronisingly feminine language, sweetie.

>tfw not sure if irony or an average brainlet from midwester US

why did you drag your misogyny into my thread

These people don't belong together.

>tfw no evola

Oh is that right user? Which one of these authors have you recently been reading?

because women scare me and there are no stoics in your picture and that made me MAD

but not really because I like stoicism. carry on

>no stirner

added

Spinoza's Ethics and most recently Witty's Investigations. You're a retard if you think that a better half of Veeky Forums hasn't read more than a few. Not to mention that a good third of these aren't worth reading at all outside of particular scholar interest.

st augustine

Confucius, Mencius, Yang Zhu, Gaozi, Mozi, Laozi, Zhuangzi, and Xunzi.

thank you

>not going through this instead

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Western_philosophers

It's anybody's guess how much the average lit poster reads honestly.

For my part I'm sticking to my guns. If you're reading books by Wittgenstein and Spinoza on your own and cover to cover, I'm impressed.

Mandela effect

add plotinus and kripke, maybe goodman and godel

the chart only includes philosophers who actually mattered

youre a retard if you think stirner shouldnt be on there

also carnap maybe

Every one of those philosophers are irrelevant.

I own most major philosophical works up to 1850, and plan on reading them all eventually (it'll take 21 years with the amount of books I have).

If you understand them, yes, quite.

I love you OP.

two r

sounds like a big ol' attempt to stave off meaninglessness. good luck and never stop adding to your backlog

>Derrida
>Beauvoir
>Sartre
>Foucault
>Lenin

>Thoreau
>No Emerson
Oh brother

/v/here, (more like Veeky Forums) here's an analogy for you
I used to play World of Warcraft a long time ago. I started late in vanilla and played through Wrath of the Lich King and quit for good when they announced Cataclysm.

If you know anything about MMO's your know that you have to play them for a long time too get anywhere. Gratification isn't quite instant but more "guaranteed." I say that in quotes because the exception would be raiding where some groups will never be good enough to clear the hardest content. This usually meant not everyone would get the best gear let alone good gear. This changed when new currencies were introduced late into Wrath. advance in endgame simply as a function of time. Even before this many people would play World of Warcraft for a long, long periods of time. despite this I encountered many people who had no idea what they were doing. When new currency was first introduced, I remember running a four-man as the tank in out before Manning all the DPS even though they were wearing better gear than me. It didn't matter how much time they spent playing because they treated the game is a Mindless Pastime, something to do besides thinking, so they never improved. you can't just read philosophy passively you have to think about what they're actually saying and relate it back to your own experience. Otherwise you're just reading them to say that you've done so. normies will be impressed with you either way.

tl;dr you have to actively think, don't just passively read and expect it to make you smarter by adding to an invisible XP bar.

>No Sheikh Abd Al Wahid Yahya

Absolutely haram.

>excluding medieval philosophy

whats wrong with epicurus

boy does this list go to shit in the last row

>Rorty
>Singer
>Derrida
really nigga?

to a brainlet

Terrible.

Rude

DUDE HEDONISM LMAO

nice bait

Shaun King
Michael Brown

Jesus was not a writer more like a famous magician.

I don't think St Augustine would be considered non-white

L'Queefa Jones Mary-anne Freeman

nice one marc maron

*TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS**TIPS*

He African you fuckin racists

He means the Weberian sort of magician user.
He's actually a prophet in that typology though.

sure

>not a single black person
haha

I thought this was a copypasta

No, he just wasn't real, but neither was Socrates, and we don't have any of Diogenes' writings, etc. You can tell this is a chart made by a social acclaim obsessed turboplebe.

I thought diogenes wrote on that wall

Considering the severely diminished relevance of philosophy post 1970, that makes perfect sense.

Likewise, whoever made that chart has probably not done any digging into the works of black philosophers. It is also clear they haven't done much reading in modern philosophy from the end of the list.

malcom x was a black philosopher and was really good

OP's image is the worst thing I have ever seen. What kind of puerile mindset is requisite to devote hours drawing that retarded garbage?

With this kind of thinking, might as well read Mao Zedong's latrinalia when he took a fat shit after eating General Tso's fucking chicken

>diogenes
>writing things down

you have learned nothing

hahhha

1.: Reddit spacing.
2.: One text by everybody on this list would be hard, but not impossible (since many of them wrote small essays or short texts). Understanding each one of them to an acceptable degree is indeed nearly impossible.

> tfw no euclid

It's just hedonism for people with impulse control.

Which makes it good

He is the /r9k/ of philosophy

This is the most "Reddit" post I have seen in my life.

No one will ever gain anything by reading sartre besides bragging points.

I hate commies and I want them to leave my anime website.

oy vey ist mir

feel free to turn it into one.

I'm still surprised to this day how normies can manage to be horrible at really easy games. I think stupid people are just attracted to easy shit like World of Warcraft because it doesn't require a lot of mental effort. One thing I learned about normies over the years as they don't want to work to understand a thing we're to enjoy it more. Ther ultimately very lazy creatures.

how to use wow as an example, it probably took about 40 to 60 hours for casual player to reach ends game. That should be enough time to at least to learn your classes rotation but a lot of people couldn't be bothered, even though a well-written guide how to play your character was a simple web search away.

OP is a step above simply for wishing to seek out knowledge.

where is carl jung????

>1.: Reddit spacing.

What's wrong with Reddit spacing ? It's much easier to read.

Where is Dostoievski, Jung and Stirner?

Can someone remake this chart with anime girls instead of reddit shit?

ty

>Thales
>Pythagoras
>No Xenophanes
>No Parmenides
>No Protagoras
Brainlet pic

The list is garbage. There are a lot of thinkers who shouldn't be on there and lots of people missing. Jung should not be on there unless you want to start putting Durkheim, Max Weber, perhaps Frazer etc.

Jesus, Cicero, Darwin, Freud, Thoreau, Lenin, Beauvoir, Newton, Galileo and Hayek don't really belong on this list.

Tolstoy did not like his view on death.

I saw that meme years ago
It is a combination of many other memes which existed at the time. No one person drew it.

Don't be so uptight. You're engaging in highbrow meme criticism on a Botswanan Knitting Tutorial Board

Anthony Kenny? Is that you?

>shitting on based Hayek

over the line

Are you serious? Is this a sentiment that Veeky Forums generally agrees upon? I know it seems like bullshit self-aggrandizing, but I’ve actually read almost all of the thinkers there up through Nietzsche (very little chronologically later, but working). And none of it was for school - in fact started after I finished college.

I know most of Veeky Forums is just shitposting by idiots, but I assumed anyone who attempted to post content more cogent than *bbbbbrrraaaapppp* has engaged with the canon.... you know, start with the Greeks...?

Please tell me I’m not wrong...

>he doesn't know that philosophy encompasses all the sciences

brainlet.

Says the guy with HP Lovecraft in his pic

Thank you for contributing to quality board culture with this post :)

+1 lits for you, buddy!

Why even bring that up? Western civilization has indeed flourished while others have not as much.

If you can find us a good template sure

Cicero is a top tier pagan nigga. Whether or not you are a christian not knowing the story of jesus will make you just as ignorant as a classical fag who did not know his homer

Augustine