Why did Kafka turn Gregor into a bug?

Why did Kafka turn Gregor into a bug?

He raped his sister, Phoebe.

Ok, anything else, that’s actually relevant?

To display the shame of humanity and expose familial betrayal

It's a representation of communist young people. The Metamorphosis has the family taking care of Gregor in his state completely disgusted by what he is - it's parallel to how middle class families felt when their kids became commies. In other words, it's a bug because bugs are repulsive

because he felt alienated from all humanity and did not get the point of trying to fit in the confines of conventional way of living. everyone hates bugs irl, so it is a metaphor for alienation and his inability to leave his room for spiritual paralysis. do your homework yourself next time though.

Thanks, that was a question in my book report, I’ll get an A now

so that when he wakes up he gets a surprise lol

It’s a metaphor for gender dysphoria

Kafka really wanted to include the line “Even us buggies need huggies,” but he couldn’t find a proper place for it in any of his other stories so he wrote Metamorphosis. Sadly, the editor felt it took away from Gregor’s death scene, so he cut it from the chapter.

this

He thinks hes a turkish person?

he was a bugman

HEY MOM ITSA ME GREGOR

he thinks he is as filthy and as little human as a Turk

he realized he was a Jew

He was depressed

This but also and definitely because that is the way his family already viewed him before - Kafka just turned Gregor into the extreme version of I-work-to-sustain-this-shithole-so-I-can-rule-it-like-a-tyrant.

Why though? He didn't rule anything. He's more like a NEET who quits his job and sits stagnating at home.

That's the insidious nature of many households, of which I can assume Kafka's was one (he was the definition of daddy issues). On one hand Gregor thought himself a relevant and ultimately necessary piece of his family merely because he had a job, while on the other hand they were, in the end, much better off without him, for he was a weight and nothing more. The fact that he "provided" counted for absolutely nothing, because he was alienated from his own kin.

Tyrant was a bad choice of words but, basically turning into a bug alludes to his delusions of grandeur and power over his family being shattered by realizing he is pathetic and, worse than that, he is not part of his own family.

It is also not unlikely that Kafka is simply disgusted by bugs and we are all inputting values on his phobia. Whatever man it's not my homework