Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4UyPV2Fj4lk
youtube.com/watch?v=-E0p0GQCAM8
youtube.com/watch?v=62eCT40iLNk
youtube.com/watch?v=gY172rzvbWE
youtube.com/watch?v=rc24YtUslCU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that the tuatara? Asking for a friend

>Green has commented on these arguments: "My concern is that popular work by women receives far more vitriolic criticism from the public (like, in terms of number of demeaning jokes...) than popular work created by men... Also, I would like to see equal attention given to the sexism in popular work by men, from Nicholas Sparks to for instance J. D. Salinger. Catcher in the Rye—although I like it very much—is profoundly and disturbingly misogynistic and yet seems to get a critical pass both online and off. This happens a lot, I think, with books by men, and I don't want male writers (including me!) to get that pass."[47] Relating to this issue, Green has stated that he identifies as a feminist.[48]

Very dark and complex....

What is the solution Mr. Green?
I wouldn't mind reading profoundly and disturbing man-hating to be honest.

So is he writing like a teenage girl on her first period just as a long term ruse in order to finally say "See, nobody put down my shitty novels because i am technically a man"?

Devious.

inb4 200+ replies
fuck this faggot

Big if true

>all the resentment in this thread

>Dark and complex
>Love Story

It's really quite sad. Green is a successful writer, entrepreneur, and respected personality with a wide-reaching audience. His endeavors are global, and his prose remarkably endearing and relevant, long ago having surpassed that of David Foster Wallace. What's not to live for?

This is a disappointing author photo. He isn't even wearing a turtleneck!

>Calling your book a cliché

He really used that as the title? What an unoriginal fag

by stealing from Veeky Forums

By lurking threads and distilling and sucking out the new zeitgeist.

If you guys aren't male feminists by now you're off the mark

If you want to understand feminism, I suggest you start with this white guy, since that's all you reactionary chuds listen to:
youtube.com/watch?v=4UyPV2Fj4lk
youtube.com/watch?v=-E0p0GQCAM8
youtube.com/watch?v=62eCT40iLNk
youtube.com/watch?v=gY172rzvbWE
youtube.com/watch?v=rc24YtUslCU

Allegations dropping soon

Why the fuck are all his protagonists young supple teenage females? Unless...

you need to go back

You know I think if a young woman made a false allegation against John he’d organise for himself to be publicly flogged.

There's nothing wrong with this guy whatsoever.
His YA novels aren't of the greatest caliber nor are his insights particularly interesting or original or clever, but he's a fair enough writer of books for a particular audience and that's all there is to it.
GET A LIFE

He comments on topics rarely discussed seriously in young adult fiction, in this case mental disease.

pretty much these. He writes books for kids and may introduce them to topics they had no interest in before reading his shit. Why pile on a guy who is trying to get the youngins to read? Leave the lad alone.

t. JGIDF

It already happened years ago.

Turtles?

A Silent Voice is unironically a better depiction of mental illness than Turtles All the Way Down and is a PG-13 movie. John Green is inferior both to adult literature and other mediums aimed at teenagers.

Yeah but some teens like to read.

>may introduce them to topics they had no interest in before reading his shit
Are you serious? He writes about teenage drama. That's one of the few things teenagers will always be interested in.

>Why pile on a guy who is trying to get the youngins to read?
The only reason he's trying to get these shits to read is so he can maintain his net worth at 5 million. The guy's a fucking waste of space with about as much depth as a puddle, and the same can be said about his books.

>A Silent Voice is unironically a better depiction of mental illness
That film would be good if the only reason you'd even care about the deaf girl wasn't just 'uguu she's cute.'
Also being deaf isn't a mental illness.

They're both melodramatic garbage. A Silent Voice is even worse with it's female lead being a literal waifu doll throughout.

>trying to get the youngins to read?
He's not. They only read his slop and shit like it. Then he demonizes classic literature, his little followers believe him, and viola, children only read his shit.

Somehow this guy never stops being infuriating

speaking on behalf of my wife's son, I think you're right. we all need to do less time speaking, and spend more time listening

we all need to do less time speaking

and more time

listening

and obeying

Can't wait for allegations that he patted cara develignes pussy or something to that effect without permission

10/10 film. I fucking screamed when he fell from the balcony trying to save her.

7/10

>this man writes like an actual retard but still manages to be a famous writer.
What's your excuse, Veeky Forums?

Feminism is so early 2010s

Oh should we all start sucking off the mainstream's tit?

He is a complete pathetic cuck with shit good awful YA teenage feminist panderign bullshit. I hope he dies of cancer.

Also kys

i think he just STEASL it all from reruns of the US TELEVISOIN program CHEERS because its fuckings hilarious and timless (i read it in anti-plebs magazine edited by HAROLD BLOOM) and so now i know that hes just a faggot who has 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 IN HIS BANK ACCOUNT

because real art isn't about money, y;know what I mean1?

>Also being deaf isn't a mental illness

The movie isn't just about Shouko, it's about Shouya's crippling autism and depression, Shouko's depression as a result of her deafness, Nagatsuka's insecurities and social anxieties because of his fatness, etc.

>demonizes classic literature
sauce? That sounds awfully shitty of him.

thanks

Isn't it more accurate to say that male writing is ignored or savaged and we don't care because it's men, and we are told/it is the case that women writing is unusual, so it draws more attention, often to less quality work?

He said Homer was mysoginist.

He is though.

How can Homer be a misogynist when he didn't exist

God I hate this faggot.

>Homer
>not being a black woman

got about 20 sensible chuckles

This pisses me off because Turtles All The Way Down used to be a name I used to play CS 1.6 back in the day.