Did he launch the Fifth Great Awakening?

Did he launch the Fifth Great Awakening?

He launched yet another reactionary brainlet counter-movement he exploits for cold, hard cash.

This is the thing that bothers me the most about Peterson. It's good of him to be inspiring all these /pol/ and /r9k/ types to start thinking critically about their otherwise knee-jerk reactionary behaviors. But his attempts to monetize his newfound fame make him seem really sleazy. Isn't it enough to just be a beacon to an entire generation? I'd be satisfied with the fame/infamy. Plus I think it cheapens you as a philosopher.

>be Jordan Memerson
>want to make a lot of $$$ and gain notoriety quickly
>perform the brave, heroic act of refusing to use someone's gender pronouns
>get worshiped as a hero by autists on the internet for whining about a letter he received from the school's faculty
>never receive any actual death threats, never have his life threatened, never actually get censored, never get imprisoned, never even get fired from his job
>simply whining about gender pronouns and being a professor of psychology is enough to be labelled a martyr for free speech by gullible anti-SJWs on the internet who desperately want an authority figure to affirm their whining
>whine about postmodernism and the cultural marxist boogeyman, even though postmodernism is a massive, broad subject never cite any actual literature or works or books by postmodernist authors or the Frankfurts, just say "they're all dumb guys trust me" like a true academic while occasionally namedropping Foucault or Derrida without actually addressing any of their arguments
>give the anti-SJWs you conned an imaginary enemy to blame all their problems on, while posing yourself as a hero when you've done jack shit and ironically whine about virtue signalling in academia while proposing no actual solutions to the postmodernist boogeyman
>fearmonger about a Canadian bill that you didn't even bother reading that was just a slight modification of a previous human rights bill that has already been in effect for decades, only it added "gender identity" to the list of criteria that you can't discriminate someone for and doesn't even affect universities because it only has federal jurisdiction
>virtue signal about how you would go on a hunger strike if you were arrested because of this bill, even though to this day no one has been arrested because of it and there isn't a single shred of evidence in the legislation or court records suggesting that would happen
>claim that a disgruntled twitter employee deleting trump's account is treason, then delete your tweet when everyone calls you out
>make 65k US dollars a month on Patreon from gullible morons who think you're brilliant for making glorified vlogs that spout Jungian purple prose, whine about children's movies being feminist propaganda and make vague, whiny criticisms of postmodernism that isn't backed by any actual evidence

At first I was kinda bummed that some political activist talked about analytical psychology but anything that gets people to read Jung is good in my book. I don't get why people watch his shit though, squeaky ass voice.

>be a frogposter
>copy and paste text instead of having thoughts

What is this hate against anyone who doesn't live the Veeky Forums shit lifestyle? It's good he can accumulate wealth and influence doing what he loves. Not everyone has to be some faggot Nietzsche type writing in an attic, poor, alone, and spiteful of women.

And I also don't see how Peterson is reactionary at all.

Isn't he already a professor? He's making good money as it is.

And there's nothing wrong with making money off your writing. In fact, I'd respect him more if he were actively writing a book and planning to get it published. But the Patreon account makes me deeply suspicious.

Nice quads. But he has a book coming out in January I believe.

tldr

Imagine being this user

>literally inventing an elephant-sized strawman on the spot
I don't mind him making bank at all, but your angry cultist replies make it worth pretending I'm not.

Peterson is not going to do much for whites who already understand the jewish question. That's not his audience. His audience is white people who are skeptical of jewish ideologies that have been academically enshrined but who aren't yet able to wrap their heads around the jewish involvement in those things. Peterson is entry-level for whites, but overall a positive step in the right direction.

I'm not even part of the cult. I listen sometimes, disagree others, and even watch that tranny Contrapoints.

All the Peterson hate can be explained by Veeky Forums contrarianism. Particularly since it's /pol/ and /r9k/ who champion him. And anyone with a brain cell would hate anything that those fags like. But that doesn't mean everything Peterson says is wrong or should be disregarded. He's big on Jung and Nietzsche, and you know what I think people should read more of both of them. So if he does that, he's fine in my book.

There's nothing wrong with reactionary thought user. This society actually needs more of it, now than ever.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Jordan Peterson. The insight is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the degeneration of western civilization most of the jokes will go over a typical recipient's head. There's also Jordan's pseudointellectual outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws exclusively from psychology literature, Carl Jung for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these ramblings, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about CULTURAL MARXISM. As a consequence, people who dislike Jordan Peterson truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the self-help value in Jordan's existential catchphrase "Clean Your Room!" which itself is a cryptic reference to Molyneux's epic Take the Red Pill. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those post-modern simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Peterson's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Carl Jung tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're willing to have 5 children of my own and no professional ambition beforehand.

Peterson is a jew.

Peterson is pro isreal. He condemns antisemitism. Stupid /pol/tard.

>But that doesn't mean everything Peterson says is wrong or should be disregarded.
Most don't do that - at least not on lit. If he just stayed in his own remit where he excels and maybe expressed some political views nobody would even care much.

This. It's starting to seem like he's getting too big for his britches.

Hence why he's "entry-level"-tier with regard to the problems.

>the state of /pol/tards
Peterson could literally make a video about cooking pasta and you'd think he was sending secret messages about how the muslims and Jews are invading Italy.

Except I've never posted on pol and have watched a grand total of two Peterson videos in my life. Becoming less retarded will require making fewer boneheaded assumptions about people who are clearly smarter than you.

>da joos
>smart

jesus christ imagine taking the time to write all of this out

was meant for

Understanding the 21st century world, and the history before it for that matter, requires understanding the jewish question -- no way around it.

It's pasta

he's canadian

I can't decide if this is just one guy always posting these things or if it's become a meme.

Obviously a meme. You really think people are that dumb? Why would anyone hate God's chosen people?

It's always him. He has the same recognizable post style.

Imagine being this spooked.

Speak of the devil.

I know that his initial decision to generate income on Patreon was because his position at the University of Toronto was being threatened due to all that tranny nonsense, so that seems like quite a logical decision. He does seem to have ridden that particular wave though and must be very rich by now (guessing he's got a paid off mortgage at his age, has an overall salary well into the hundreds of thousands, and probably doesn't have an expensive lifestyle) - it would be nice to see him do something virtuous with the money.

What

So true.