What are your favorite places to read? (besides your apartment or parents' house, etc)

What are your favorite places to read? (besides your apartment or parents' house, etc)

Recently I've taken to spending a few hours a few times a week at a Vietnamese cafe near my house. It's friendly, they have a decent menu, and occasionally I'll talk to people there.

I usually read on my Kindle so that I feel less pretentious. I just like to be in a slightly more social setting than my apartment on the off chance I happen to speak to someone interesting.

Anyone know this feel?

the library when it's cold
some random grass on the campus where not many people pass by when it's warm

Your mom's house

I usually go to an Indian restaurant near my house when I have a few hours to burn reading. I started reading Siddhartha yesterday and am trying to decide if it would be bad taste or not finishing it in there tonight.

The synagogue

Under this tree.

This cafe next to my house.

In the nearby park by the lake.

if its not in bad taste then there is no reason not to. If it is in .ad taste thrn thats precisely why you should do it but then no reason why you shouldnt either. Any ambiguity leaves the possibility that it is in bad taste so you should definitely go and do it. Its important to be edgy every now and then.

Unironically train or metro

Down by the local swamp.

that place looks nice, user

When the army abandoned the secret Bioweapons Testing Facility and Food Warehouse I bet they had no idea they were leaving behind the best reading spot: quiet, eerie, otherwordly, imbued in strange scents and slowly decomposing. Much like myself (minus the wicked sense of humour).

wow so cultured bro

Don't feel intimidated, it's owned by Vietnamese Americans and is full of other white people. They sell mainly coffee and sandwiches.

>full of other white people
Bet you're really disappointed about that, huh?

On the train. Or in the room I'm staying at in my friend's house, after we've both retired for the night and I have six hours until I need to get up for work and I'm drunk but I try to read anyway.

There's a bar down the street from my house I go to occasionally to read in. It's in a super trendy area of town but it was built before the area got popular so it's really dark, small and cozy - like a coffeeshop but with booze.

In front of my house

No, if I was dissatisfied with it I wouldn't go there frequently. But, from the tone of your post I take it you would be quite jealous if the usual customers were of foreign descent.

If this is the case, I would suggest you try hanging out at a foreign cuisine cafe or restaurant to meet people form other countries; however it sounds like you don't make friends very easily and those whom you do call friends probably don't like you very much. You probably spend a lot of your time alone due to the shallow nature of your personal relationships and therefore feel the need to belittle other anonymous person's hobbies and preferences.

Have a great day.

u mad bro?

I'd love to find a place like this within walking distance to my house.

no I'm literally laughing microscopically

kino