Post the nicest library close by to where you live

post the nicest library close by to where you live.

I live about 20 min away from the Yale Campus.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle_Shirtwaist_Factory_fire
youtube.com/watch?v=ThhfIfegmgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do you get to the upper nooks?

>exit sign
>security camera
>electric outlets
>fire alarm

modernity is truly the enemy of beauty

ladder

they are forbidden zones

Jurisprudence library in Munich's Town Hall.

christ almighty

yeah, i'd really like to not be able to plug in my computer and have to write on parchment while the library burns down and i don't notice

but i do know your feel to an extent

No, that's a library.

I don't understand why buildings can't successfully integrate modern aspects while keeping the charm. If the government prohibits it that's another thing. But outlets can be successfully concealed as well as the fire exit.

Modernity does not have to be the enemy of beauty. Right now, though, it is.

>yeah, i'd really like to not be able to plug in my computer and have to write on parchment while the library burns down and i don't notice

because buildings are always burning down left and right
you know what every modern building also needs? meteor alarms
and since you're in the library, you might as well not read books but use a computer, yeah?

>since you're in the library, you might as well not read books
Sure. When would I find time to marvel at outlet-free walls and alarm-less ceiling otherwise? Fucking pseud sack of shit.

Pardon if my sarcasm wasn't obvious, I actually desire a building without electric signs and pipes and wires

>concealing the fire exit

>wants to live in a safe playpen where everything is labelled and painted bright yellow tape and there is no future or danger

>want to win an argument using a strawman the size of his mom

University was made by Freemasons by the way, and it sort of shows in this room of the library.

the whole of human history has somehow done fine without fire exists up until 100 years ago

you know, 0.000000001% of history

More like 0.00000000001%
desu-baka

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle_Shirtwaist_Factory_fire
really

Yeah, I always use this argument when people want to lower death rates. Fucking pussies, most of human history, we died of tooth decay. Going to the dentist is the same as letting an Ebonic gentleman rail your wife.

>Locking all exits to a sweatshop and having less obtrusive signage in a library are equivalent acts

When you're suffocating in impenetrable smoke struggling to find the exit, please, do remember that at least the lintels look absolutely top notch.

>try to visit pic related
>it's closed for non-alumni during exam week
JUST
>literally wants to die in a fire for the sake of a pretty building
This neoluddite bullshit has gone too far.

>>literally wants to die in a fire for the sake of a pretty building
Yes, I do. For the sake of a building you say, but that is all buildings. Equate being in a building to being in the world, and the answer becomes obvious. I would rather be surrounded by beauty, and not things like advertisements for shaving cream and fire exist.
I would easily trade my life to add to that possibility.

You can't access the books. You have to search the catalog and queue your request on a pc, then a woman delivers it to you.

private library i'm a member of

only because people are careless
all of those things could be integrated more aesthetically

except for the ones who died in fires

>amerilard library
>tackiest over-the-top neoclassical shit ever
every fucking time

Hofburg Library

HAhahahaha

I want to rub my ABC (average black cock) all over those statues

yeah let me just consult the books to write a paper on my typewriter that i carry around

or are you one of these people who uses libraries to read genre fiction so you can feel cultured while producing absolutely no new ideas to the world in any tangible form?

also, sorry, but wooden buildings full of paper probably need alarms for when they occasionally burn on fire

Fucking nice
>ABC (average black cock)
kek

Nothing really special about it

>this is over the top

Huntington Library. It's private but the grounds are a popular spot to visit, there's a nice garden. Not a lot of pictures of the stacks because you need an appointment. They're just regular stacks.

eazy breezy beautiful

>New Yorkers are people

Nicest public one near me is probably the LAPL Central Library. Wonderful atrium, very symmetrical grounds. Nice mix of Spanish Colonial Revival and Art Deco

S-Y-D-N-E-Y

I work at a library. It's patrician af.

Thomas Fisher rare books library

I was trying to think what library to post from U of T.
I think of the college libraries it might be Graham.
Rare books wins but I don't count it generally because it's not easily accessible and you can't study there.

The LA Central Library was one of the few perks of living in downtown LA for the two years I did (back in the early 2000s before it turned into a nicer/more residential place).

It's more Egyptian Revival than Spanish Colonial, though.

you ever get your dick zucc'd in the 'brary?

>we have reached the stage where there are anons genuinely arguing against fire exits

It's pretty cozy.

nigga wat

I work at Harvard, and the library is lovely. Honestly that shot of the Yale library looks nicer though, just on account of the sunlight.

Its probably necessary for them to be overtly visible for safety reasons.

youtube.com/watch?v=ThhfIfegmgM

This is my closest one I've been meaning to go into it since I've heard it is haunted.

nice lad

English library.

what about the homeless peope

I live quite close to the Real Gabinete Protuguês de Leitura.

Onde fica?

Rio de Janeiro.

Favela tier

I live nowhere near a nice library. A couple of university and local libraries are close but they're not that great.

that's abhorrent OP
what even is an incest library anyway
do they have like a bunch of oyako manga

this is downtown
I've never been but this thread has reminded me that I should soon, will report back

LANDIAN COLDNESS

Didnt expect to see someone else from SA here.

Jeeze that looks similar the library from my old university. The tile is identical, the ductwork is similar, the shelves are the same. Kinda looks like the lower floor from there, but doesn't seem right - not enough shelves, those rubbish bins wouldn't be there.
But meh, it probably was just built or had renovation around the same era.
Wish I was near my old university library still - the place I live now had a beautiful library but the thing is so small the collection in it is fucking alphabetized.

I want to physically love this room and then kill myself.

have you also seen the old guy on the fourth floor who sleeps at the same chair every day

LOLD

"library@orchard" in Singapore.

Ateneo Grand Splendid in Buenos Aires

The exit sign is pretty cool

I have no university friends, this is the only way I can feel educated.

That is just a chain bookstore, a shitty one. Come on user, thera are great libraries on that city.

this is fantastic and not over the top at all.
t. europoor

pic is the old Brooklyn Public Library. just because.

nice space, but Yale will forever be associated with the screaming lunatic who tee'd off on her professor a couple of years back in my mind.

A.D. White Library in Ithaca. I actually never go there but it's definitely the nicest one near me.

Barbican library. Very comfy, go there to do work a couple of times a week.

I find it beautiful, and really enjoy going every once in a while.

Those things bother you, but not the faggots who went to a library just to browse the internet on their laptops?

Mount Holyoke

>tfw can steal brit books thanks to ancient law

Not pictured: several thousand milling tourists stuffed into that tiny room taking selfies with Shakespeare's bust

Thanks for the reminder

>tfw your campus and library are "modernised" and not even in a good way

You gonna go into the Juralibrary to read literature?
Might as well go to a technical university library.

that girl has arms

tawdry as fuck

Have College library and nyc library

Copenhagen

This is a fucking cathedral of knowledge!

The fire escape on the OP pic isn't that bad - the camera could be concealed much better though

>that hexagonal structure
reminds me of the library of babel, nice

hoya saxa

Not much knowledge, though.

What town are you in OP?

Thanks for sharing. I am a LMU student as well and never saw this beauty from inside