Does Veeky Forums have a favorite cookbook, or book about cooking, or book about a cook?

Does Veeky Forums have a favorite cookbook, or book about cooking, or book about a cook?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sRRWoHFrUDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Redwall

Modernist Bread

Bill Buford's Heat was a good memoir of his experience as an inept prep slave in Italy, following Batali's method of cultural immersion / recipe appropriation.

Bocuse's French Cooking is a solid brick of old fashioned recipes.

Bouquet du France is a neat travelogue by Samuel Chamberlain, where he tours France after WWII and describes the inns, taverns, service, and the agriculture of France. It's neat because he shares some real OG recipes from the local cooks wherever he stayed.

What else?

wew

>$554 USD of hardcovers about how to make bread
wew

Good to know it exists, I guess. Thanks user.

Hedypatheia - Archestratos

Kitchen Confidential is an easy but entertaining read, also gives good tips on the industry here and there. I'm a massive Bourdain fanboy though.

Same, but I haven't read any of his books because I don't want to rub the gold off my idol.

My grandmother's cookbook which also includes tips on how to serve all sorts of tables, from a casual brunch to a formal dinner for 10. Also guides on how to prepare and shop for meat, fish and vegetables. All around a useful thing. Will definetely keep it for me.

Afield has some hunting narratives before each recipe. Nothing else comes to mind besides All That The Rain Promises And More, but that isn't really a cookbook, is it?

I loved Bourdain until he went to CNN, then he lost his edge.

Seconding Heat. Fantastic book.

I only read Western African Voudon grimoires that tell me how to prepare cooked bat and chimpanzee. I acquired these from a Nigerian wiseman on ebay.

I don't even use recipes but heat random ingredients and smash them together with my mortar and pestel.

This book isn't even a meme, tons of good advice for beginners in it from someone who was a beginner.

This. I call it "rhizomatic cooking". About to release a cookbook on this topic.

Soylent Green
Titus Andronicus

10/10

The Anarchist Cookbook.

You forgot to mention yours OP. It's ok, I got you covered. In cum.

OP this book is perfect for you

Came here to post this

I got this for my mum last Christmas. His musings on brunch is great, and exactly how I feel about that nonsense

youtube.com/watch?v=sRRWoHFrUDk

this one got me into cookbooks. got it as a gift because of the anthony bourdain quote
o god
its interesting, but most of the pics are terrible and look like i would never eat it. its not really handy IMO but i ordered it anyway

also any child or pepin cookbook is worth it.

Is there any chef more based than Ramsay?