The main character of the last book you've read is replaced with Odysseus. What changes?

The main character of the last book you've read is replaced with Odysseus. What changes?

idk, maybe it'd be more gay?

giv milkies pls

Fpbp

Odysseus doesn't speak English, he would be confused and also mildly concerned

What would the Psalms of Odysseus read like?

odysseus replacing eli, peter and jeannie?
i guess he would do well with the comanches but i don't know if he'd fit in at a 1940's all girl school.

Aeschylus' Agamemnon is the last thing I read. Really interesting proposition OP, in a way it might be similar because they both like a bit of senseless killing and genocide, but I think Odysseus much more cunning, maybe he would be smart enough to not get killed by his wife.

>the bag of wind is opened by LCpl. Trombley, blowing Bravo 2-1's vehicle all the way back to Al-Hay

>A confederacy of Dunces

The plot would be resolved much faster but much less interestingly

no way Odysseus loses to The Fisherman. Might be more weeping, because Odysseus was a bit weepy at times.

Odysseus is now Marcel in In Search of Lost Time.

In the first scene when Marcel's mom comes up to his bedroom to kiss Marcel goodnight, she drops her candle in shock when she sees a bearded man in armor with a sword under the sheets of Marcel's bed. Like many soldiers in that time, PTSD was way more extreme than it is today considering the death rate and bloody violence was much more extreme, so Odysseus (also baffled as to why he's in some faggot countryside in France, in the future) panics, leaps from the bed and stabs Marcel's mom in the throat with his sword.

Odysseus cautiously runs down the stairs and sees Marcel's family's maid, Francois, scooping pistachio gelato for the family and M. Swann waiting in the backyard. Francois shrieks at the blood-stained armor of the bearded stranger after hearing the final shriek of Marcel's mom from upstairs. M. Swann and Marcel's family hear this commotion and rush toward the house, their faces suddenly appearing from the indoor light through the windows, noticed by Odysseus. Odysseus runs the other way, to the front of the house and hides in the dark bushes.

Athena, goddess of (whatever it is), appears in the bushes and tells Odysseus "These people are gigantic fucking faggots. If you killed them all, there would be zero repercussions, in fact the gods may reward you for eradicating such cuntiness from existence. Get ready, the worst of them all, M. Swann is coming around the corner." Odysseus readied his sword and poised like a tiger, pounced at M. Swann. M. Swann did not even flinch, but rather accepted this last moment of his life and the Vinteuil sonata filled his heart one last time before dying, to where it was a rather beautiful exclamation point ending his fulfilled existence. Odysseus methodically killed the rest of them in cold blood, as they were insufferable cunts. Especially Aunt Leonie.

>poised like a tiger
>not taking the opportunity to write a small Homeric simile
missed opportunity tbqh

>Odysseus is now the protagonist of "confederacy of dunces"

funny, Cause Ignatius is kind of postmodern Odysseus, literary-wise he's a product of heavy XX century de-heroization and parody mechanisms affecting the hero.

Nothing, I'm reading the Odyssey right now.

Odysseus has sex with the bear.

>The Trial
>Odysseus kills Franz and Willem when they fail to identify themselves as anything other than robbers who have invaded his property

>confederacy of dunces
>entire plot doesn't happen

The book has two main characters though. Odysseus would have to be Belano, but I don't know who could play the role of Ulises Lima.

>Red Scarf Girl
>Odysseus slays Mao
>China world superpower before 21st century
>pee pee in my coke

>make it more gay

I'm assured of this

>Sensei of Kokoro is replaced by Odysseus
I don't even know what to make of that

>odysseus is drunk all the time
>meets a sphynx
>talks to angels
well nothing much changes I guess

I hope that author doesn't have to introduce himself to germans a lot

I like this book

it made me very sad

>Odysseus would have to be Belano
>Odysseus can't be Ulises
Belano is very obviously BolaƱo himself, therefore, Odysseus would be Ulises.

>principal character of the Odyssey
>not Telemachus

Americans.

WHY?! WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO WITH THESE JEZEBELS? All I want to do is come here for an asexual experience that will exercise my brain but I am constantly titillated by these vixens with their prodigious hips and provocative figures. Can I never satiate this thirst, will I ever know the touch of a woman and enter between her loins? Will my seed ever drip from her moistened hole?

/reddit/

>odysseus replaces child in 2081-2084 gaming tournament
>instead of multinational faggotcorp attempting political takeover, odysseus fucking anniggerlates the company's hq irl
>enjoys all of the 2d waifus become 3d grils with neurosuit
>finds the easter eggs in every game, because odysseus has god-tier intuition compared to nerdfags
>all of the glory
>none of the true, deep connexions
>odysseus drives sword through himself to deal with pain
>realizes his consciousness is just an ai in the game
>realizes he's immortal
>fish in a glass box, immortal == eternal misery

I am sick and tired of this. Every day I come to Veeky Forums, and every day there is at least one thread up with an OP image of an attractive woman dressed scantily and posing seductively. It's probably the same one or two people who do it honestly. Let me tell you something, you faggot pieces of shit who are doing this: you are the poster child for everything that is wrong in literature, art, and society as a whole today. You are incapable of coming up with anything creative, thought provoking, or of substance, and you lack even the smallest modicum of intelligence, so you use "style" and "flash" and pizazz in place of it and to draw attention to yourself, because that's the only way your SHIT "creation" and ideas would ever get seen by anyone. And before you say anything, this has NOTHING to do with the fact that I don't have a girlfriend. Anyway, I will be petitioning the owner of this website to ban your asses, so enjoy being able to post here while it lasts, because it's not going to last long, just like you that one time you convinced an obese girl to let you fuck her.

best post

Ignatius was actually based around a more fat and less violence Odysseus.

why do you say that? not that user but I'm halfway through the Odyssey and he definitely seems to take up the main focus of the story

>Pale Fire
I don't think there'd be a plot at all because Odysseus wouldn't become obsessed with some poet

>the sound and the fury
>quentin kills himself because Odysseus keeps fucking dudes

>Hiroshima mon Amour
Nothing really changes