This faggot is creating his own pseudo-cult. I don't say he was looking for it at first...

This faggot is creating his own pseudo-cult. I don't say he was looking for it at first, but now he certainly isn't doing anything to stop it.

It dissapointed me, desu.

pseudointellectual redpilled libertardians needed a new deity since ron paul is old and milo is a child molestor

Infotainment finally caught on with conservatives! Oh no! Intelligent people on the right becoming popular!

>NEO-KARLTURAL MARXISTS ARE FEEDING THE POSTMODERNIST DRAGON THAT KEEPS YOUR FATHER PRISONER IN AN UNCLEAN ROOM
>intelligent people

>it is real
>it is real real
Woah.
On the other hand I'm not suprised. He just wanted the ride towards the top of the meme dominance hierarchy, and he got there and wants more.

Peterson is okay I guess. But what's the point of watching some psychiatrist videos rehashing the Ideas of Jung and Nietzsche? They're both incredible thinkers, probably the most important ones too. Just read their respective works instead of being a youtube watching brainlet. Peterson is for lazy pseuds.

Wouldn't Nietzsche be ashamed of people learning about him through memerson?
He seems to advocate for delusional slave morality desu

>Marxist
>intelligent

Yes.

>everyone who doesn't adore my internet dad is a marxist

Pfft, people thought Molymeme would be the next big cult leader and that didn't happened

What happened to Molyboi anyway?

>This faggot is creating his own pseudo-cult
>This guy isn't doing anything to stop it
There's a big difference between letting people make a meme cult about you and actively trying to create a cult, you giant faggot.

I was betting on the Google guy

Too autistic and ugly.

I wanted to start my own religion.
I have these dumb fantasies where I start a utopian commune and nothing goes wrong.

Not even a fan of Peterson (only seen a short clip of him), but the only people I've seen who are actually angry at him are mentally unstable leftists.

So? Aren't most members of the alt-right/dark enlightenment like that?

Sounds good when do we start? I can wander in the desert or stay in a cave for some time.

Actually, I was thinking buying a castle. In europe there are so many fucking castles nobody knows what to fucking do with them, and you can buy one for literally a couple bucks. Of course, you are then responsible for the castle's upkeep and aren't allowed to do shit like add plumbing and electricity, but eh. If we get like, 20-50 people to pitch in, it should be fine. Everyone get's their own room, and in the winter we all sleep in a big fucking pile in the room with the biggest fireplace.
We'll farm and garden and do art. And it'll be really nice.

He may not have set out to, but he can see it's happening and is knowingly continuing to behave in a way that encourages it. So no, they're not really different.

> is knowingly continuing to behave in a way that encourages it
For example?

That sounds comfy af actually. I don't think it's as easy to buy a castle in europe as you think, most of them belong to the country their in and they and conserved for tourism even though no one cares about most of them

Literally everyone hates Peterson except for center right normies and people who define their identity around liking video games

For example he's still doing what he has been doing.

He's not that intelligent. He just applies a very crude philosophical framework to the whole "SJWs are bad" schtick that's been making youtubers rich for years

Literally no one cares about him, and the only people who hate others simply because they disagree with them are leftists.

I've seen this idea before.
20-50 people is too much for me, I'll stick with the cave idea or wandering in the desert. Unless somebody got a better idea.

That depends on the castle, I guess.
I'm german, so I guess I probably have a leg up over others. Lazy google says we COULD buy a 50+ room castle for 600,000. But that's, like just a huge house, you know? The 1€ castle is sort of a rumor, I guess? It's possible. Driving around europe, you see a lot of big stone keeps just sitting there in the middle of the fucking woods. They're castles, but they're not interesting enough for tourism, which is what I'm actually looking for.

Yeah, when I wrote it out, I realized I'd just described a monastery. But instead of praying, we do art stuff. Nobody would be forced to interact- I'm not much of a people person myself, actually. Don't find flaws in my fantasy. Maybe we'll build a lower town, too.

50 is certainly too much, 20 would be fine though, at the beginning it would be uncomfortable living with 20 people you don't know but after a few months everyone would know each other and 20 wouldn't seem as much. Plus if you are going to buy a castle to live in (assuming it's possible and not expensive as the other user said, which i doubt) it would have to be in a remote area where you don't interact with anyone regularly outside the people in the castle so it would be nice to not have to always talk to the same 5 people

Why do you care?

CAN WE STOP HAVING TEN THREADS TALKING ABOUT PETERSON EVERYDAY?

You guys are the ones who make memes about throwing people out of helicopters

This thread is not about peterson anymore, its about buying a castle now

>Jung, Piaget, Nietzsche, Rogers
what a random assortment of people

And it'll be a really great castle too.

Peterson draws on them a lot

You can criticise many of his views, and some of his twitter posts are pretty disconcerting, but Peterson is still doing a lot of good by making conservatives acknowledge the problems inherent to truth, objectivity, and a mystical notion of god.
Previously, many traditionalists would just clamp up when you tried to get them to acknowledge that objectivity, at least in the sense in which they believe in it, doesn't exist. They'd call you a relativist without even thinking about what you had to say. If they've watched Peterson, chances are you can actually engage them on that issue. His bible lectures also re-frame religion in a way which essentially takes god as a 'personal' entity out of the equation and turns him into a projection of the absolute which the human mind uses to orient itself in the world, which opens religious texts up to philosophical debate in a way that otherwise is often considered inappropriate, because it is thought that the word of god is something 'holy', that thinking about it too deeply is the same as tainting its absolute claim to truthfulness. And people are actually willing to go along with that because it makes their faith come alive for them for the first time in their life. DESU, I'm pretty sure that Peterson only claims to be a Christian to lower conservatives defences so that they'll listen to what he has to say. Dude is totally an atheist.

He was just posting a couple of memes

>It dissapointed me
Grow a pair.

good post

>Dude is totally an atheist.
He's as much of one as the ancient Greeks were.

The Athenians would not have murdered Socrates for disrespecting the gods if in their self-understanding he herely disrespected their living and changing values and traditions by showing them that they didn't really know what they were doing. They clearly believed that he was going against the objective, eternal, natural cosmic order, as represented by their naked marble statues, and needed to be stopped.
They didn't believe in sky-dwelling superhumans, but they certainly thought of their culture in a naively divine way. You think Peterson falls into that same trap? He always goes on about how culture needs to change and revitalize itself by individuals who step outside of its boundaries, because the structure by itself just turns into a rotting corpse. That doesn't sound much like 'muh timeless traditions' to me.

Maybe he's not quite like their genuine pantheism, but he's certainly not like a modern day Christian's definition of atheism. He certainly seems to labor away like an old Christian scholar might, tinkering with concepts and old books and new information in order to compile them into a single framework, which for him might be under the umbrella concept logos, with complete sincerity about his work, while acknowledging that there is indeed a logos to find and preserve and express.

It's only "memes" until he decides to pull another Heavens Gate or Jonestown

This is gonna sound rude so don't take it as such:
"So you were there?"

personally I think he's full of shit, but I have to admire anyone willing to challenge the left's cultural hegemony.

Milquetoast libs are smarter than Marxists. Marxists are the truptards of the Democratic party.

NOT LITERATURE
>NOT LITERATURE
NOT LITERATURE
>NOT LITERATURE
NOT LITERATURE
>NOT LITERATURE

pic related

>tinkering with concepts in order to compile them into a single framework with complete sincerity
You're always compiling information, looking for ways to frame it in a cohesive manner, and at the same time introducing new abstract concepts and (((empirical))) units of information, striving for maximum simultaneous openness and comprehension. That's neither religious nonsense nor metaphysics, it just sounds like 'healthy' human thought to me. Petersons problem is that his thoughts naturally lead into postmodernism, but he's refusing to actually confront himself with it in an honest way because he just sees it as a monster.
Without even realizing it, Peterson is trying to murder his Father (postmodern thought) and rescue the whale (western metaphysics). He was Oedipus all along.

It's alright, I was just using the Athenians as an example for what I would consider to be a 'religious attitude' toward ones culture, viewing tradition as some kind of divine revelation that needs to be preserved at all costs in order to put that in opposition to my impression of Petersons attitude, which is far more pragmatic. If I'm wrong, and the Athenians were aware of the nature of their Ideals I guess they just really thought that Socrates behaviour was disruptive and dangerous, and desu I wouldn't completely put trying to repress (((anti-logos))) opinions and perhaps even ultimately imprison (((postmodernists))) who couldn't be shut up through other means past Peterson if he thought the situation was desperate enough.

I realize this post comes off as pretty antagonistic, so let me just say that I like the guy. I just think that he has some issues that he needs to sort out himself before he tries to sort out western academia. The same goes for a lot of leftist intellectuals of course, particularly the kind that refuses to get educated on anything that smells like science.

I like the Veeky Forums crowd more though.

I'm ready to live in the castle

Gotta have some rape stuff later on. Like peace and love a free love and everyone gotta slob the bosses knob in a degrading way but think that they are the only one it happens to. That's how you run a cult

hot

No one in infotainment is that intelligent. Neil Degrasse Tyson says governments should be "logic-ocracies" but says philosophy is pointless and dangerous. Besides, youtubers get demonitized for that shit nowadays.

that's actually a decent chart

upvoted

now he's just being shameless

Frogposters are not invited.

would make for a decent book title/5

>people
also this thread is not Veeky Forums, please use sage if you're going to post itt

>You guys
You mean /pol/?

Idk but the guy who runs the Zero Books YT channel made a video rebutting Peterson, and his very intellectual fans spammed helicopter death threats in the comments.

>neo-liberals
>having any kind of inteligence

"""people""" like who bump this thread should be thrown out of helicopters along with the marxists

I require the names of the faded reactionaries and the man in the top right.

Pretty sure most people who like him have never read the Heros journey, hopefully if they do they might see through his BS but until then he'll have them under his spell

You CANNOT be this stupid. This is a joke.

truly the l ron hubbard of our time

I'll be good though desu I can cook pretty well

I would respect Full-libertarians more if they hated private sector corruption as much as they hate the public sector. They fail time and time again to realize that a world with a totally shrunken government would just result private sector neo-feudalism. CEOs, shareholders, boards of directors, and owners of vast sums of private property would replace elected officials as the decision making apparatus, and they would be just as subject to corruption if not more.

Peterson is the entry level redpill. That's ok I guess.

They don't naturally lead into postmodernism, postmodernism is a reactionary consequence to them. Postmodernism is a reactionary consequence of Nietzsche ultimately, not Peterson, who just borrows a lot from Nietzsche, but Nietzsche does not "lead into" postmodernism.

Wake up, he's a part of the new Jewish owned right wing.

These good goys will fight on the side of Jews in the upcoming race war.

Controlled opposition, its true. Still its better teenage neckbeards are listening to him over Sargon or Milo, better chance of some redeemable individuals getting through the net

We have to redpill the normies to the Jews and their plans to breed out whiteness and completing the genocide we see today

Hear, hear white brother

>>>/reddit/

>Nu-male deflecting right wing discourse

>people aren't allowed to have fun
I swear the arguments against Peterson just get feebler and more feebler. I've never looked at him in depth but he must have something really solid of people are so desperate but unable to refute him.

>It doesn't count it I'm doing it ironically

god thats embarrassing:o

tfw faded reactionary

Leon Trotsky

>not fighting on the side of power
Your own loss, degenerate.

>Its not a horse-shoe its a boomerang

My Gott of course!

>they fail time and time again to realize that a world with a totally shrunken government would just result private sector neo-feudalism. CEOs, shareholders, boards of directors, and owners of vast sums of private property would replace elected officials as the decision making apparatus, and they would be just as subject to corruption if not more
holy shit, it's like you figured out the purpose of libertarianism

Jaded, smartie

Neoliberals are often intelligent but completely autistic and unable to recognize how their policies hurt billions of people

Is Peterson turning into a cult leader?

I hope he ends up like Jim Jones so we won't have to see these threads again

this would make me okay with the situation too

Tom Woods is my waifu

truly the l ron hubbard of our time

>it's another podcast/YouTube charlatan who lets his audience of fatherless young men go to his head

Literally the only person I know in this position who hasn't tried to make a god himself is a fucking Catholic bishop.

*make a god of himself

>tfw a jaded Marxist reactionary theist

Allegations when?

>"pseudo"-cult