Refute this

refute this.

protip: you can't.

*opens the american mind*

I had to stop reading because his prose is so over the top I can't even tell what the arguments are.

We've always been close-minded. Check and mate.

The Americans are the living refutation of the Cartesian axiom, "I think, therefore I am": Americans do not think, yet they are.

Dangerous book—author isn’t just a fag posing as a conservative curmudgeonly prof at U of C, but a total queen, one of the first to die of AIDS, which he managed to do right after this book.
His was a terrible death at the little hands of Conan the Bacterium.
The Yale School this fag rags on?
The Yale School was right.
Leo Strauss is his mentor.
Ravelstein, by his best friend Saul Bellow, is the truth behind the lie.

It's not really a refutation.

If A then B is only false if A then not B is the case.
"If I think, then I am", and "I do not think, and I am" don't exclude each other. The refutation of "If I think, then I am" would be "If I think then I am not"

>Denying the Antecedent
Europoors can't even into logic

He wrote the book because of his outlandishly expensive taste on a prof’s salary, at the beseeching of Bellow, one of his lenders.
Bloom scribbled away nightly in his apartment overlooking Lake Shore Drive.
He hit it way big.
So big, he told his accountant not to bother him unless his bank account dipped below $10 million.
He and his gay allies lived like the gods in Greek myth. They actually believed they were unto gods.
They were gadflies who flew to heaven and found no one home—so they assumed the throne.
Bloom and Strauss thought Nietzsche was right about everything, and regarded us as deserving our hoodwinking.

You should read Bellow's novel on Allan Bloom, Ravelstein. It's a hell of a lot better than this.

Americans are stupid.

>Strauss was a Nietzschean.

Learn how to spell Heidegger, cause Strauss talks about him way more than the Neetzche. Strauss is basically just if start with the greeks and then don't go any further was its own school of thought, not as radical as it is often portrayed.

Doubtful a Jew would think Heidegger right about everything.
Yes, Strauss might be worthy of your time.
Bloom was a trainwreck who usually is trying to mislead you and is only interested in the small Nietzschean elite.
But, again, you’re right, I was wrong, about Strauss, whose favorite show was Gunsmoke, for example, and who would have been happy raising Flemish giant rabbits, and who is the greatest reader and teacher I know of.

When Strauss discovered Nietzsche, he sat in cafes or libraries repeating his name.
As far as Heidegger, Strauss fled that scene and had obscure teaching jobs in America til Hutchins brought him to U of C, where he’s still a legend.

The way I understand it, Strauss knew Nietzsche was "right" in the same way all the great philosophers were right, but Strauss disagreed with Nietzsche's next steps. Does that seem accurate?

I don’t understand enough to say. Experts are still fighting over Strauss, and your question is extremely important.
My personal conclusion was Strauss may have been a decent Jew, and certainly a great teacher.
Bloom lied about Strauss to cover for his doing exactly whatever the fuck he felt like.
Ravelstein is Bloom.
Bloom said Strauss told the Jewish students the truth, and told non-Jews something else.
Who knows, but Bloom literally believed you should live like Zeus and the other Greek gods.

He makes some fair points but this is the book of a grumpy out of touch old man

Spotted the brainlet nigger.

If you want to know who to blame for my takes read this book. Bloom fucked me up, in a good way

what are you doing

I have no idea.
If you are into Leo Strauss, you will have no problem wanting to constantly read, which may or may not be good.
I don’t know if pol is right about the JQ, but pol has been right about everything I’ve checked in depth.
I hope I’m very open-minded. One problem is, I only care about autists.
Pic of Leo Strauss

The liberal arts antisemite, having spent too much time on /pol/ and reactionary literature, but still knowledgeable enough about professors and authors to not be considered a brainlet, finds his refuge on a chinese cartoon discussion website

Temporary refuge.
pol is my people, yes, for good or bad. Autists.
Neocons, Bloom’s students, got us into Iraq. This is serious business.

nobody gives a fuck about you. not even enough to tell you to fuck off most of the time. sunhawk was more interesting than you

Strauss essiently created the intellectual foundations of neoconservationism and convinced a generation of blowhards its ok to lie as long as it the benefits Israel

>neoconservationism
*neoconservatism, fuck

Remarkable his influence.
If you read him before Iraq, it was like knowing Napoleon when he was 5 years old.