So I cut this coconut in half. I bought it like 4 months ago and totally forgot about it...

So I cut this coconut in half. I bought it like 4 months ago and totally forgot about it. Now I wanted to dry it and when I cut it open it looked weird. Does it look weird to you aswell? I think it might be safe, it smells okay and there's no mold I can see. What do you think anons? Is it okay? Should I dry it?

Attached: 20180311_160956.jpg (4128x2322, 2.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copra
rakskitchen.net/2014/10/coconut-ladoo-recipe-with-condensed.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks alright to me, eat it and report back

Oh shit. Whatever was in it hatched. Watch your ASS, op.

It's gone off. Can't you smell that?

That's totally rancid. Toss it.

Is that a crystal coconut?

who the fuck eats coconuts?

if the coconut we’re fine it wouldnt have all that debris and residue inside, moran

It's bad man

You eat that you'll go coco-loco

First time eating coconut? Kek

No, it is likely not okay. Coconut has a high fat content and can go rancid. Four months is almost certainly much longer than its shelf life. Would not eat.

hahaha

are you sure you didn't buy a candle?

Yes, fats turn rancid, but you can quickly tell it's gone rancid from tasting a small bite. There's no harm in tasting a little of it. OP said it smells fine too, usually you can smell when something that has a lot of fat has gone rancid.

it will be alright OP, if you want to dry it just shred it and put it in the oven at lowest setting over a towel.
if it smells fine and tastes fine, it's fine
t. mushroom conoseur

Congratulations OP, you just made copra.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copra

It’s edible but not very nice.

>there's no mold I can see

How has no one commented on this? There's plenty of mold. You can't see for shit!

that brown shit looks like pieces of the husk that OP got in there, not mold

You and I are the only sane men left.

Not that, the white staining all over the inside of the left half of the coconot. Especially on the right inner side. That's definitely mold.

>coco-loco

top kek

nah, that's what's left of the regular coconut flesh, the majority has absorbed the moisture from the center, making it more grey.

You will know if it's rancid, op. eat a bit and see

This user is right. That's Copra. You can shred the Copra and make delicious Indian sweet out of it using condensed milk. Look up rakskitchen.net/2014/10/coconut-ladoo-recipe-with-condensed.html?m=1

So when Indians eat it, are they practicing copraphagia?

Attached: carlos2.jpg (210x240, 17K)

I believe its from the now-evaporated milk as it lost moisture over time, and those are the solids that were suspended in it. It's hard to say for sure that it's not mold, but he can cut the meat there and see if there's deeper penetration.