What's your favorite Kafka book? Mine is pic related

What's your favorite Kafka book? Mine is pic related.

so was it about the dehumanization of life in a capitalist society generally or specifically the feeling of an artist in a society where labor value is the where social value is drawn from

yes.

it was about a neet

It was about absurdism.
Why do commies always have to look for their ideology in every work?

was their anything in the book to suggest he was an artist, or pursuing artistic goals, aside from it being by Kafka?

Realistically he could've still earned money for his family as a bug, he chose not too, and was hated as much for this as for his appearance
A large portion of the story is how the families roles changed in response to the primary provider being unable to work

>It was about absurdism
Are you retarded?

Mine is also pic.

>It was about absurdism.

Explain

I've read a few Kafka stories and Metamorphosis was the only one I vaguely understood. What the fuck is The Judgment about for example?

What was stopping Gregor from communicating with his family?

Bureaucracy.

His attempt and failure to integrate to the system and society itself, and the absurdity of all of it.

>tfw had to read these in high school and hated it on account of my over enthusiastic teacher and my uninterested peers who mocked or misunderstood it
I've read so many classics in high school that I never got to enjoy. Catcher in the rye, the razors edge, the trial, metamorphosis, some capote stuff, etc. sucks desu my family man.

it's about having tuberculosis

Kafka writes humor, people just don't get it and think it's some kind of tragic commentary on society or some shit

humor can still be tragic, he's a jew after all

Either the Diaries, the Zürau Aphorisms, or the Parables and Paradoxes. Hard to decide.

>ctrlf
>no In the Penal Colony

Hunger Artist is my favorite but everything by Kafka is gold, specially In the Penal Colony, The Process or The Country Doctor

No. In fact it was his sister who played violin if I remember correctly.

The Castle.

I think it embodies the spirit of Kafka the best. Even more so considering how the book ends.

You're all retarded - Kafka was a rich Jew with a high-end job who even thought about quitting work altogether because of the money he had saved up & could get from writing. And also his writing was not much influenced by his tubercolosis, and certainly not the Metamorphosis

Waiting for Klamm is one of the most heart wrenching passages in literature

the one in the carriage? Please elaborate, I don't remember what happened too well

He's waiting outside by the carriage in defiance of what he was told.. It's a quote about a respone to absurdism. It's this passage that gets me.