Does drinking absinthe help you write more creatively?

Does drinking absinthe help you write more creatively?

If you want to write your epitaph a bit sooner than you initially planned then yes

real question: how do I drink Absinthe without dying from the taste/burning

You don't it's an acquired taste, personally I don't get what the fuss is all about

No you will just get drunk, the substance which made you hallucinate has been removed from the recipe in most countries. Absinthe is supposed yo be dilluted with icewater and a sugar cube to remove the burn.

no, but it will give you an expensive alcohol taste, and normal drinkers of scotch or vodka will roll their eyes at you.

Absinthe doesn't induce hallucinations. It has a single hallucinogenic ingredient called Thujone, but there's so little thujone in it that it's measured in parts per million. It's just sugary anisette that you can impress people with.

Fill a liqueur glass halfway with absinthe before adding a barspoon of sugar. Stir for a minute so the sugar is dissolved. Then, pour in ice water until the glass is full and give it one last stir.

Make this absynthe cocktail and impress your imaginary friends.

Prepare the following in a cocktail shaker:
1/3oz lime juice
2/3oz pineapple juice
1/2oz honey
6 fresh sage leaves

Muddle thoroughly and add the following:
2oz absynthe
One dash Angostura bitters
One dash Angostura orange bitters

Shake with ice, then double strain into a glass of your choice. Ice or no ice are both fine, and garnish with an orange peel and dried wormwood if you've got it. You probably don't

Enjoy your excellent beverage. You're a mixologist, now.

t. Bartender fag

will try these next time I wanna get fucked up

What is the name of this cocktail

Yeah. But since it's illegal anyplace with decent quality control, it might also give you a permanent psychosis.

It's literally just alcohol.
It had been studied exhaustively and time and time again it has been found that it has never at any point in history contained enough thujone to cause any noticeable physiological effects beyond just drunkenness.

It's literally just liquid fedora.

>It's literally just alcohol.
You dumbass. It's literally just alcohol know, because now there are laws against hallucinogens. It used to be made with, wormwood, I think? And you can still get it in shit countries. Absinth used to make people crazy. What are you, 12?

>buying into the marketing myth of trashy fake absinthe

Google ‘wormwood society faq’ to get a basic education on this drink

I actually don't care.
I'm just annoyed that you think how something is now is any measure to how it use to be.

No, there is no LSD in absinthe. It will not make you creative. It's delicious and I love it, but claims to anything but a high ABV are a meme.

Best absinthe imo is Pernod. Chartreuse is similarly delicious. A nice ouzo is related, and cheaper, but hardly the same. Drink them chilled with a splash of filtered water.

As if the old recipes and vintage bottles haven't been used for the study you fucking retard. If you had any sense you'd google it and see even back then there is no fucking hallucinogenic qualities to it.

It didn't used to be hallucinogenic either, the wormwood is used in small amounts for bitterness. It's in vermouth as well.

Absinthe never was a 'drug' beyond the alcohol, it was just spirit flavoured with herbs.

You don't know shit about it and are calling other anons dumbasses because you refuse to read about the subject you're talking about.

Kill yourself.

>mfw I almost burn off my whole hand because I think I'm an alchemy god

never go full absinthe Veeky Forums

>21st century czech fake absinthe sugar cube lighting meme

ishygddt

How can you sad piece of shit even begin to think that some fucking drink will make you magically write better? How do you even think you're some superior being between us mere mortals when you ask some retarded question like that? Everyone on this board thinks he's some fucking special superior intellectual when they can't even function in society like the shitters they make fun of.

Thank you for proving my liquid fedora point