If only I find that ONE author/book/philosophy/poet then my life will make sense and I'll be satisfied and driven

>if only I find that ONE author/book/philosophy/poet then my life will make sense and I'll be satisfied and driven
>exhaust nearly every avenue
>well that was uneventful, no one knows wtf is going on...
>start reading some of the early christian saints
>finally it all makes sense
>become christian
>pic related

I don't understand this pic but okay.

It's easy to understand why christianity is the right religion and how much sense it makes, but it's hard to follow it's values and aplly them to your life (especially if you're already corrupted by the modern times).

the truth and sublime teachings attract you, the world makes sense, life has meaning, your origin is discovered and it is also your purpose as well.
but then you have to conform to the objective good, repent, become humble, change your life, and the standard is quite high, the gate is narrow...etc

>t-the modern times c-corrupted me, I swear

well it's human nature to fall, but modern times make it very easy

No man, just don't, stop falling for easy baits, this board is already full of idiots, if you answer their baits, they'll never leave...

That sort of fatalism is not very productive.

ty

>I am too retarded to personally analyze, sublimate and organically integrate the disparate ideas I'm reading about into a coherent idiosyncratic worldview
>this antiquated collection of dogmatic self-help with great aesthetics and immense larping potential is so cool, you guys
The only kind of people worse than new atheist fedoras are hipster converts and desperate frogtards.
*tips saturno*

>Tfw used to be theophobic atheist as a teen
really wanted to buy Dante's Divine Comedy cause it sounded cool, but didn't want the cashier/clerks to assume I'm Christian

>too antiquated
yep, they didn't even know there are more than 2 genders back then lmao

>Christians using SJW tactic of calling everyone who disagrees with you x-phobic.
kek

>anyone who disagrees with me on any topic is a far leftis obsessed with identity politics waaaah
shouldn't you go back to calling people cucks on /pol/ mate?

Now that you've discovered that building up self is endless toil, turn to the east.

Get gnostic, write your own gospel!
Or just a journal, helps with figuring yourself out and be the last of a dying breed of writing people (with a fountain pen and all)
This fondled my e-balls

>"become christian"
>still doesn't understand that the mercy of God is all-encompassing
Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly hard, but you should be able to find peace existentially regardless of how well the struggle is going at the present. Ultimately the onus is not on you to be sinless, but on God. That doesn't mean you slack off or allow sin to remain in you, but after you've done everything you can, the only thing left is to trust in God. It's a weird balance between personal responsibility and acknowledgement of your total lack of control.
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." - John 15:5

Damn m8 you implied a lot from one sentence lol

>theophobia
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH
I generally try to respect, understand, and accept theists but it's really hard when nearly every word they utter is akin to the pathetic drivel contained in that book. It seems most of what they say is defensive polemic, born from fear of their death (their declining religion and continued irrelevance -- or perhaps genuine unconscious disillusionment). It seems contradictory that the religious be the most childish, nonspiritual, and undisciplined, but then it actually doesn't as that's just cultural conditioning I've inherited. The weak seek comfort and simplicity in its bosom. Only when they speak of philosophy and specifically ascetic aspects, can I appreciate them.

It's a character from Reconguista in G proclaiming to be a genius, only for him to be attacked moments later, which is why he expresses "Oh no!"

I respect Christian thinkers but this is fucking retarded