>>10277272

judith butler doesn't seem left enough for sweden.

Other urls found in this thread:

quillette.com/2017/11/14/academic-freedom-threat-sweden/
youtube.com/watch?v=4IBegL_V6AA
theguardian.com/books/2016/jun/01/yale-english-students-call-for-end-of-focus-on-white-male-writers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the horror
clearly both you and your source are impartial in this.

lel

>A course like Erik Ringmar’s—”Modern society and its critics“—which focuses on original texts from around the turn of the last century, immediately gets into trouble since fascism in the 1930s wasn’t exactly a bastion of gender equality
Huh? So which is it, turn of the century or 1930s? And that reading list is all over the place and doesn't seem to contain much fascism anyway- no Sorel, no Mussolini, no Mazinni.

Also this is only an attack on academic freedom if the faculty never made books mandatory before, which isn't mentioned but seems unlikely tbph

In a philosophy course, for example, definitely, considering she's a pretty big contemporary philosopher wether you like it or not.

>she's a pretty big contemporary philosopher wether you like it or not.

for you

...having said that, the actual article is quite interesting although very obviously with its own big axe to grind. OP's question is really just a tiny part of it.

quillette.com/2017/11/14/academic-freedom-threat-sweden/

>sure women and fags are awesome fuck white people you gotta listen to me cuz I’m a WOMYN shitlord you better call me a philosopher or you’re an ist

Yeah, not a philosopher

WHAT DOES THE 'B' MEAN?

Well duh

Anyways we should just write all white people out of the history books and be done with it

feminism is a philosphy thats a bit of a strech

>Judith Butler
Actual feminists consider this woman a joke.

Dump her and pick up a real feminist, like Dworkin or Firestone.

Have you fucking read her????

Bernt I think. Norwegian lad.

>Sweden
I see nothing wrong with natives studying their own religion honestly.

god forbid anyone have opinions, lets all be unbiased eunuchs

Jordan Bloody Peterson, bucko.

That's not what she claims at all

I don't even get your point, she is a philosopher, that's her profession.

Then she's a shitty philosopher who doesn't write philosophy as much as she writes worthless bullshit that doesn't belong in any courses, philosophy or otherwise. Might as well just read fucking Dr.Seuss if you're going to "study" her works. At least one makes a tiny shred of sense.

Why do you think Gender Trouble is shit?

people study dr. suess though...

Complete garbage.

is it nice to make opinions based on whatever you believe something is without ever having actually experienced it? i wish i could be so ignorant as you :( i would be so much happier

my god

Just the thought of reading a page of that makes me want to end my life, theres something wrong with you if you read a book by someone named Judith.

>Dworkin
Let this shitty meme stay dead.

ITT: retards who never read a page of her and wouldnt understand her if they did

i vonder vhy

ok we get it you hate jews and degenerate feminism. go back to prison where you and your ilk thrive, neo nazi scum

>is it nice to make opinions based on whatever you believe something is without ever having actually experienced it?
>being this empiricist

I think you mean "ok we get it you have a nutsack but im a female, fuck the patriarchy and everyone i hate is a nazi"

just cause you dont watch Maury doesnt mean you dont know its not trash

if you're not a nazi, what would you do with 6 million jews?

Send them to the soviet union to become communists and die in starvation with everyone else

ship to madagascar

they should balance Butler out with some Paglia

>le ideology *sniff* xD

>literally claims biological sex is socially constructed
nice 'philosopher' we got here lmfao

thoughts on jp's chat with jonathon haidt? youtube.com/watch?v=4IBegL_V6AA

>thought on basing your life on youtube videos?

this is a book board tard

it's related to the op you violent leftist bullies

>WAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAH

Underrated

Lame.

Marx has been banished from American economics departments. Nobody makes a peep about that.

So what? Departments have reading requirements all the time. Sometimes the readings are controversial but they can be challenged. Sensationalizing routine academic practices is pretty dishonest behavior. theguardian.com/books/2016/jun/01/yale-english-students-call-for-end-of-focus-on-white-male-writers

No you wouldn't. You're so stupid you'd find a way to blow it.

>relevant contemporary scientific papers assigned to students studying in the field
>good, they should have a representative grounding in the kinds of study currently happening
>relevant contemporary humanities papers assigned to students studying in the field
>*autistic screeching*

Calm down there, enlightened redditor.

Holocaust. A real one this time.

You forgot to mention

>slay queen

And

>bash the fash
>Veeky Forums is a leftist board!
>no trump, no kkk, no fascist usa

Because that's good. Marx belongs to philosophy class. He's not a real economist like zappa or Dewey

Do you actually believe this? lmao

Butler is only relevant to a very small fragment of the humanities.

Can't deny she has a place in academia if Jung's highly reductionist crankery has as well.

>Its another Sweden does something stupid that were supposed to be outraged over but no one is because its Sweden thread.

Judith "mutilating and deforming children is acceptable" Butler

to all those defending her itt explain why her opinions shouldn't be immediately dismissed for her disgusting approach to the treatment of Reimer

>relevant

You didn't read the article did you?

the random board, newfag

But if anyone said (the horror) about your favorite author, you'd be all butthurt (I'm assuming).

To be fair, none of the /pol/lacks itt have read Butler either

>god forbid let's not explore, study, and critique works by the gays, lets all be biased /pol/sters

What wrong with being a neo-nazi?

Jordan Benis Peterson

Why is Veeky Forums so edgy? out of all the boards, you'd think this would be the one to shed the highschool tier interpretation of texts and Epic le Jews did this! xD memery that is so tied to /b/ and /pol/ but there is a large amount of shitposting just for the hell of it and true hatred and intolerance. I understand the left can be embarrassing and backwards at times, but that's no reason for people who read to act like fucking shitstained snotbubbled edgemasters. I havent been on Veeky Forums for very long, I started coming around here around '13 - '14 was it always like this?

I would have thought Butler undermines most of the tenets of modern gender theory. The idea of gender being performance surely contradicts the claims of trans weirdos and all the rest of the queer bunch that they were 'born that way'. Butler would suggest they are *choosing* to express themselves in this way, rather than it being an innate property of their being

>this is a course about x
>please add this work y to the course, that doesn't have the essential features of x
>"yikes sweeties, /polit/ hasn't read y!"

To be fair, you are a retard.

I don't hate the jews by any means, but the fact they apart of a nationalist hyper cabal is true.

*inhales deeply*
AAAHAHAHAHHA

>I understand the left can be embarrassing and backwards at times, but that's no reason for people who read to act like fucking shitstained snotbubbled edgemasters.

It's an appropriate response to people who think they are better than everyone.

No, (((Jewposting))) and shit is a recent phenomenon. Thank all the redditors from r/thedonald and all the other /nu/pol subhuman scum

Racism has always been a integral part of Veeky Forums, this specific brand of retardation however is new and killing every fucking board

t. been here a llmost a decade

If you've been here 3 years you wouldn't make a post like that, this kind of shit has been here less than a year

>Le everything edgy is wrong opinions.

>Thank all the redditors from r/thedonald and all the other /nu/pol subhuman scum

Also thank the false flag posters pretending to be /pol/lacks. Everyone here keeps saying they don't exist, but it's obvious they do. Low effort da joooos in first posts, McDonald-posting, etc. It's overtly obvious that some leftists here are absolutely buttblasted about /pol/ to the point that they spend a lot of time pretending to be /pol/ in hit-and-run shitposts. Only a naive moron would deny this.

Butler said gender is performative, not a performance. She herself makes this point explicitly. This is why you need to read someone before you pass judgement.

Which is funny because they missed that whole "tell a lie enough times it becomes true" idea. Even if you false flag a bunch of jewish hate meant to sound dumb the ideas you're imparting will start to stick if read enough.

I definitely agree with this except the false flagging and blantantly obvious "ironic" /pol/ posting was rampant about half a year ago, nowadays this board is overrun with real /pol/ and newfags.
I personally blame peterson for this.

Although I do think newfags who respond to bait are just as bad as the /pol/ retards who make it, they've been here for a while now whereas in the past few months the board has massively changed.

I don't know if they're leftists or just trolls. Eiyher way it's annoying.

>over an hour
I don't know, the last time you guys convinced me to watch a Memerson interview I was subjected to an elderly arts professor basically REEEing and namecalling for 40 minutes.

I would explain, but I've already dismissed your concerns for your disgusting approach to the assessment of Butler.

2007 here. I hate this shit as much as you but that's how anonymous boards work though. You can pretend to be the opposition. Unlimited trolling. It will sort itself out. Eventually it will get old. It better because you shire as hell cant do anything about it.

Benoit B Mandelbrot

Just read the fucking book first

>the horror

>I have no proper rebuttal to your assertion

>it's not the retards who shitpost garbage that are to blame, but the people who made fun of them in an overtly obvious way

>/pol/ is invading this board!
>people who share their opinions haven't been on Veeky Forums since day zero, that's fake news
>trust me, I'm an oldfag

>haha why should I care about your opinions when you dismiss the opinions of someone who agreed with one of the most vile acts of modern medicine :^)

t. "free thinker"

>rebut my unsubstantiated illogical opinion
This isn't /pol/, friendo.
>"everyone should disregard someone's ideas because I don't agree with all their personal opinions"
Go back and stay there.

>New study from the "university of israel" (lol) finds black dicks are superior
You do realise leftists hate Israel because they're more racist than you are, and black Jews are lynched there all the time. I'm sure it's just 5d chess though!!

>share their opinions
It's not about having different opinions, it's about being able to communicate sanely and have constructive conversations. Most of the t_d crowd and 14 year olds like you can only post edgy contrarian memetext with ebyn funny pictures. Which is why /pol/ itself has degraded from being a vile, yet intrinsically coherent thematic board to an r/Veeky Forums and /b/ hybrid full of literal imbeciles.

>my [...] opinion
Do you understand how an anonymous imageboard works?
(two posts aren't necessarily made by the same poster even if they support each other)
Lurk a few more years before posting again

the jewposter is unironically one of the best anons here
not one person to this day has been able to "debunk" the culture of critique posters
keep beating that strawman tho. I literally haven't browsed /pol/ for more than a few minutes since the election

P-Peterson is that you?

His posts aren't substantial enough to "debunk". They amount to nothing more than shitty slogans.

He the one who tried to tell me psychiatry was a Jewish creation when he was talking about Freud (who was psychoanalysis, not psychiatry). Then the dude who made psychiatry was an Aryan.

>ugh, do I REALLY need to address your shitty slogans? open a book!

nobody will fall for this, kid
just face it: the days of undisputed leftist circlejerk on Veeky Forums are over
you either change your hopeless strategy of tangential argumentation and irony overload or you'll get even more destroyed in this cultural war
are you ready for Veeky Forums to become Stormfront 2.0?

>culture war
Is this what it's like to be a NEET?

wtf I love Judith Butler now!